Future Events If Luffy surpass / beat Kaidou decisively, is One Piece still exciting?

Why wouldn't it?
Kaido has been fighting and taking legit damage since chapter 986/987 and by now he's faced about 14 people with many of them having advanced haki or bypassing durability with internal damage.
By no means Luffy wins this alone in the end and that wouldn't place him above Kaido right away. Luffy still has to master G4, get Awakening as well and beat a top tier in complete 1v1.

This absolutely isn't a fact, it's an opinion.
Unlike with Whitebeard, Kaido's claim of being the strongest is not put in a title box, nor is it factually stated in his biography at the beginning of each Wano Volume, nor was it ever confirmed by anyone in the manga (even Killer here just says strongest pirate).

You can use this to say Kaido > Shanks I guess since they've fought Shanks, but Killer or Kid would have no idea about Mihawk's strength.
This is a fact.
Do you know what a fact is?
It is written in the pages of the manga, as a fact, that says that KAIDO is the strongest pirate in the world, that is a fact.​

Nah,he will be Bruno2.0
Yes yes a character Oda will have built up for over a decade, the only one to ever leave a scar Luffy both physically and mentally, and who took his brother's life in front of him. That character will be Blueno'd.

Thanks god you're not the writer of any story. You're not qualified for it.

This is a fact.
Do you know what a fact is?
It is written in the pages of the manga, as a fact, that says that KAIDO is the strongest pirate in the world, that is a fact.​
That's gross coming from you because whenever someone posts the 10+ pages where Whitebeard is called both the strongest pirate and strongest man PRETIMESKIP, you still don't acknowledge it as a fact

This absolutely isn't a fact, it's an opinion.
Unlike with Whitebeard, Kaido's claim of being the strongest is not put in a title box, nor is it factually stated in his biography at the beginning of each Wano Volume, nor was it ever confirmed by anyone in the manga (even Killer here just says strongest pirate).

You can use this to say Kaido > Shanks I guess since they've fought Shanks, but Killer or Kid would have no idea about Mihawk's strength.
In fact, everyone has an idea about the Mihawk force, and Shanks, the navy and the Shichibukais are known all over the world, people say that KAIDO is the best at 1x1, they are taking everyone into consideration, Mihawk fought fiercely against SHANKS , its conflicts and histories reached the ears of the WB (confirming that everyone knows the strength of the Mihawk), so its strength certainly is popular knowledge, its title, is a world title (The Mihawk title is worldwide known), so everyone is considering the WSS, when saying that KAIDO is stronger.
In addition, KID and Killer witnessed Mihawk's show at the MF.

Shanks/Mihawk argument makes no sense. People of OP world know them and higher ups know what they're capable of, as well. And they still consider Kaido the strongest creature/man.

Shanks is capable of fighting Kaido, but people consider KAIDO, as the strongest, KAIDO himself says that he is the strongest, and see, KAIDO expressed his opinion about the navy dissolving the SHICHIBUKAIS, and certainly he must know Mihawk , the term that KAIDO is the strongest is so broad that it reached ZORO's ears in 1007.

Last edited:
Considering the amount of damage Oda has given Kaido to allow for Luffy to be able to fight him in a 1 v 1, I honestly do see any issues with it killing any potential excitement for future fights.

And lets be honest here, the best fight out of all of preskip was Luffy vs Lucci, and that was the fight where Luffy was closets to his opponent in strength out of any other fight. Oda can actually draw some pretty epic shit when two opponents of the same caliber fight.

How much longer is Luffy supposed to remain the underdog, when EoS is just around the corner?

Yes yes a character Oda will have built up for over a decade, the only one to ever leave a scar Luffy both physically and mentally, and who took his brother's life in front of him. That character will be Blueno'd.

Thanks god you're not the writer of any story. You're not qualified for it.

That's gross coming from you because whenever someone posts the 10+ pages where Whitebeard is called both the strongest pirate and strongest man PRETIMESKIP, you still don't acknowledge it as a fact
Why do we have complaints from WB, MARCO, Croco, implying the opposite, KID and KILLER, fought all the time on the roof, and have not yet expressed themselves in contradicting that KAIDO is the strongest.

One Piece is fucking trash now and Luffy is already Yonko tier. The Emperors were supposed to be the big bad of OP and shit like the Shichibukai were just added as somewhat filler.

Guess how Luffy jumped from Katakuri's level to Kaido's level?
PUNCHING
FUCKING
WALLS
FOR
A
WEEK

Why the fuck did Blackbeard even bother searching for the Darkness fruit? He could just punch walls and find his own Hyogoro LMAO.

"b-b-but luffy won't beat him 1v1, just watch!"

He will, and 70% of the people saying this will start praising it like this is what they wanted and how this is 'good writing'.

Basically i want to know your opinions about the impact of, if, Luffy really surpassing / beating Kaidou in this arc's last battle.

- Will One Piece still be exciting for you? How so?

- How do you think Oda will maintain tension and excitement for arc bosses after this? Will he keep the underdog vibe from Luffy? Haki depletion, making dumb mistakes, coughing blood from Bellamy's punch, etc?

- Or will he get rid of that underdog vibe altogether and make Luffy and his crew a legit threat even to the next arc bosses and the enemy armies? And maybe trying to dish out forms of excitement other than powerscaling? like plot twists and reveals, more of history and lore strategic wars, technological incorporation, self-reflection stuff while battling like Vagabond, mind games like HxH?

- Do you think Oda will succeed in his execution of maintaining reading excitement?

Imo powerscaling-wise it will be fine even if Luffy beat Kaidou by surpassing him. Since BB is getting even stronger, there is Imu, and i want to really enjoy Luffy's pay off to the OP world as someone strong and really recognized by WG and the top dogs. Like after those underdog humiliations and mistakes, its time to show what he has become, that kind of vibe.

And story-wise it will be even better. Being strong enough to fight the other Emperors or Admirals as equals, should grant Oda new views in storytelling, new possibilities and perspectives. Explore the Strawhat's thought more, explore their opponents' thought more, more diversification in presenting the story, for Oda to try out new things other than repetitive "i will surpass you since you take away Nami's/Rebecca's/Shirahoshi's/Tama's food" .

What do you think?
Few important things to point out: One piece is ending, whether you like it or not, it's happening. Luffy defeating Kaido in 1v1 is a setup to a larger and way bigger conflict against Blackbeard, Luffy's long running rival and the biggest enemy by far, who btw is going to eat Kaido's DF and become the strongest character in one piece a. K. a. broken as fuck. I've been saying this for a very long time, that Kaido and Big Mom are the last Emperors to defeat. Luffy will not fight against Shanks, at least not with intention to take him down, although I do axpecte a friendly duels between Red Haired pirates and Strowhat pirates–but that's not the point. The point is, is that Blackbeard is the next enemy, he's the last antagonist that stands in Luffy's path of becoming the PK. Do you guys understand that this is it, this is the endgame now!? When people constantly whine about Luffy defeating Kaido In 1v1, they fail to see the biggest point of the current events: one piece is ending, yes you heard it right, one piece is fucking ending dhuu 😒🙄. What did you expect? Luffy to suddenly be able to defeat Blackbeard, who is going to be more powerful than Roger, Whitbeard, Kaido and even Rocks when he can't even defeat Kaido!? In that case bad news for you my naive friends–it's not fucking happening!

What about the Navy and the Admirals!?
Every time when I say that Kaido and Meme are the last enemies to defeat, there's always and idiot who says: what about the Admirals😒?
You can't even imagine how tired I am of those blind-minded bulbs😔!!! Luffy is not meant to struggle against the Admirals, I know that a lot of people will be triggered by this answer–but I don't give a shit🖕. By the time of the fight against the WG/Navy Luffy will already have three Admiral+ level characters in his crew: Zoro, Sanji and the third camander whoever it ends up to be. All three of them will have advanced CoC haki and will crush the three Admirals in the Navy while Luffy will utterly humiliate Akainu with his absolute supremacy over him. The fight against the Navy will be a one sided battle with strowhats completely dominating the fight.

This might help:

Zoro will presumably be the one to kill Kaido. Luffy never killed characters advertently, and Oda has been portraying Kaido's words "perfection can only be found with death" probably for a reason in that so specific, and also Zoro's specific declaration himself. And all those experiments Kaido conducted on his own body. Put all elements together.

Luffy declaring "I got this" was presumably a circumstantial matter linked to Zoro's poor physical conditions. He would most likely not have spelled those had Zoro stood substantially healthier. If Kaido manages to resist Luffy's assault enough time before Zoro returns to the battlefield to check what's occurring (cause he presumably would) and/or Big Mom helps Kaido out, we could most likely see this coming to fruition at long last.

The scenario where Kaido is defeated and only later Zoro still cuts his head off strikes as less likely for me now, but that also has to be accounted.

Basically i want to know your opinions about the impact of, if, Luffy really surpassing / beating Kaidou in this arc's last battle.

- Will One Piece still be exciting for you? How so?

- How do you think Oda will maintain tension and excitement for arc bosses after this? Will he keep the underdog vibe from Luffy? Haki depletion, making dumb mistakes, coughing blood from Bellamy's punch, etc?

- Or will he get rid of that underdog vibe altogether and make Luffy and his crew a legit threat even to the next arc bosses and the enemy armies? And maybe trying to dish out forms of excitement other than powerscaling? like plot twists and reveals, more of history and lore strategic wars, technological incorporation, self-reflection stuff while battling like Vagabond, mind games like HxH?

- Do you think Oda will succeed in his execution of maintaining reading excitement?

Imo powerscaling-wise it will be fine even if Luffy beat Kaidou by surpassing him. Since BB is getting even stronger, there is Imu, and i want to really enjoy Luffy's pay off to the OP world as someone strong and really recognized by WG and the top dogs. Like after those underdog humiliations and mistakes, its time to show what he has become, that kind of vibe.

And story-wise it will be even better. Being strong enough to fight the other Emperors or Admirals as equals, should grant Oda new views in storytelling, new possibilities and perspectives. Explore the Strawhat's thought more, explore their opponents' thought more, more diversification in presenting the story, for Oda to try out new things other than repetitive "i will surpass you since you take away Nami's/Rebecca's/Shirahoshi's/Tama's food" .

What do you think?
If I use my brain and don't blindly follow plot stupidity. Luffy is equal to Admirals since his fight with Katakuri and is stronger than "all of them" since Udon.

But....

> Akainu can become stronger via becoming Cyborg-Akainu ( I'm defending this since very very long ). He can get CoC when he rebels against Celestials Shlogs. And glbally can reach Yonkou level and become a threat to Luffy.

> There is Gorosei

> There is Kong

> There is Garp

> There is Blackbeard

> The waited fight as an equal against Shanks

> Annnnnnnd.... I hope not versus Imu.

Few important things to point out: One piece is ending, whether you like it or not, it's happening. Luffy defeating Kaido in 1v1 is a setup to a larger and way bigger conflict against Blackbeard, Luffy's long running rival and the biggest enemy by far, who btw is going to eat Kaido's DF and become the strongest character in one piece a. K. a. broken as fuck. I've been saying this for a very long time, that Kaido and Big Mom are the last Emperors to defeat. Luffy will not fight against Shanks, at least not with intention to take him down, although I do axpecte a friendly duels between Red Haired pirates and Strowhat pirates–but that's not the point. The point is, is that Blackbeard is the next enemy, he's the last antagonist that stands in Luffy's path of becoming the PK. Do you guys understand that this is it, this is the endgame now!? When people constantly whine about Luffy defeating Kaido In 1v1, they fail to see the biggest point of the current events: one piece is ending, yes you heard it right, one piece is fucking ending dhuu 😒🙄. What did you expect? Luffy to suddenly be able to defeat Blackbeard, who is going to be more powerful than Roger, Whitbeard, Kaido and even Rocks when he can't even defeat Kaido!? In that case bad news for you my naive friends–it's not fucking happening!

What about the Navy and the Admirals!?
Every time when I say that Kaido and Meme are the last enemies to defeat, there's always and idiot who says: what about the Admirals😒?
You can't even imagine how tired I am of those blind-minded bulbs😔!!! Luffy is not meant to struggle against the Admirals, I know that a lot of people will be triggered by this answer–but I don't give a shit🖕. By the time of the fight against the WG/Navy Luffy will already have three Admiral+ level characters in his crew: Zoro, Sanji and the third camander whoever it ends up to be. All three of them will have advanced CoC haki and will crush the three Admirals in the Navy while Luffy will utterly humiliate Akainu with his absolute supremacy over him. The fight against the Navy will be a one sided battle with strowhats completely dominating the fight.
That's what I have been saying his crewmates will fight admirals.

Kaido is probably the penultimate pirate villain, at least main, with Blackbeard being the most likely candidate for the battle of the throne. And I don't think I need to go on why Teach is either stronger already or meant to be stronger than Kaido.

And Blackbeard himself has the chance of either being the final enemy or come before a Sakazuki or Im whose strength is unknown right now because we haven't seen the former fight since Marineford and in such interim he was both promoted and defeated a fellow top tier in an arguably extreme battle, while the latter is a full mystery on its own. Plus whatever Oda can come up with (such as Sakazuki getting his hands on an ancient weapon).

So yeah, Kaido is meant to fall here and it makes total sense.

So you're saying the entire buildup from the past 20+ years for the final war will end up in a one-sided battle with no tension? LMAO
I'm not saying there will not be tension, although seeing what's going on in Wano I wouldn't be surprised at all if there was indeed no tension in the final war🤔. What I'm really saying, is that the strowhats will not be the underdogs anymore, it's actually going to be the opposite. The strowhats will be more powerful when it comes to shear fighting power or power level, if you will. The main struggle in the final war for the strowhats will be to deal with cheating Marians who will be scared as fuck and will use any derty tricks to make the fight even.

If the battle against the Navy will be so one sided and Luffy will utterly humiliate Akainu then what's the point of building the admirals as something whoever wants to become Pirate King must overcome (as in a challenge) or having Luffy himself talk about not running away from both admirals and emperors. Wouldn't that be empty in terms of storytelling if they are meant to be nobodies?