Future Events If Luffy surpass / beat Kaidou decisively, is One Piece still exciting?

It'll be more exciting cause for the first time we will focus on story and plot more than be driven by power scaling to determine what will happen in future

Also cause Oda will not have to nerf opponents in illogical way like Big Mom just to prevent a disaster

Lastly cause Blackbeard has ability to surpass current yonko and nerf Luffy from his DF

And because Imu-sama potentially can be strongest ever being behind the shadows

So two characters are potentially still higher than Luffy will be confronted
No more cringe combo attacks! :getnappaed:

H

humanbeing

Not gonna be exciting, when luffy is already a Yonkou level by his strength alone.. but, i think luffy wont defeat Kaido alone. Alright, Luffy has the same strength as Kaido but only keep up for a day while Yonkou/admiral can do > 5 days in top tier condition.

One piece is still going to be exciting if somebody join Luffy before his haki run out. Oda should put an asspull powerup in between wano arc and next arc, but not in this arc.
you forget about Luffy's gears and gatlings , he can keep for admiral for a time in his base but if he decides to use his gears and can control them properly in combination with CoC Haki, advanced armament, and use a gatling technique .
he can take Kaido down. Kaido is faster when it comes to feet speed but Luffy has very high speed attacks like his gatlings techniques . i dont see how Kaido will be able to guard them all with his Kanabo , or aviod them. Luffy already demonstrated that against Kaido in his G3 and G4 froms

you forget about Luffy's gears and gatlings , he can keep for admiral for a time in his base but if he decides to use his gears and can control them properly in combination with CoC Haki, advanced armament, and use a gatling technique .
he can take Kaido down. Kaido is faster when it comes to feet speed but Luffy has very high speed attacks like his gatlings techniques . i dont see how Kaido will be able to guard them all with his Kanabo , or aviod them. Luffy already demonstrated that against Kaido in his G3 and G4 froms
I shouldnt forget that.
G4 can do more but compress his haki time limit. Lets see, g4 can near to pummel kaido but in a half day for example. Then, what is next? We can see Luffy pass out again, while kaido have to recovery for a moment/an hour. Luffy will be done if still alone.
Thats is as far as i can guess, we'll wait for oda

Oda kinda combined ideas from the last 2 villain arcs in Doflamingo and Katakuri for Kaido.

Doflamingo: Luffy has enough strength to knock him around, but Gear 4 doesn't last long enough. So he needs another Supernova/s to nerf him.

Katakuri: He needs a new type of Haki to "unlock" the battle.

Technically you can make the case that after "unlocking" the Haki he is on Kaido's level, but we can't discount all the attacks Kaido ate beforehand.

Kaido was already hurt significantly BEFORE the unlocking. Even a basic Red Hawk would have hurt him.

So no not really because Kaido's durability/endurance still puts him over Luffy, even though they're "equal" in combat. For the time being Luffy is Yonko level, but he's not #1 verse until Kaido dies.

Oda kinda combined ideas from the last 2 villain arcs in Doflamingo and Katakuri for Kaido.

Doflamingo: Luffy has enough strength to knock him around, but Gear 4 doesn't last long enough. So he needs another Supernova/s to nerf him.

Katakuri: He needs a new type of Haki to "unlock" the battle.

Technically you can make the case that after "unlocking" the Haki he is on Kaido's level, but we can't discount all the attacks Kaido ate beforehand.

Kaido was already hurt significantly BEFORE the unlocking. Even a basic Red Hawk would have hurt him.
Sure Kaidou was damaged in the fight, the significance is what's different for each one.
Zoro's probably doing one of the better attacks. But it's nothing but a smaller percentage to actually putting him down.

Sure Kaidou was damaged in the fight, the significance is what's different for each one.
Zoro's probably doing one of the better attacks. But it's nothing but a smaller percentage to actually putting him down.
But we can't discount all the Supernova's help against Kaido is my point. It's the same thing as Dressrosa. You can't discount all of Law's attacks.

Remember, Kaido was dodging a basic Red Hawk. He was noticeably hurt BEFORE Luffy started using CoC.

H

humanbeing

I shouldnt forget that.
G4 can do more but compress his haki time limit. Lets see, g4 can near to pummel kaido but in a half day for example. Then, what is next? We can see Luffy pass out again, while kaido have to recovery for a moment/an hour. Luffy will be done if still alone.
Thats is as far as i can guess, we'll wait for oda
he will defeat Kaido till the morning , Kaido will be defeated by dawn just before the sunrise, since there is a significance for the night of the full moon , the people of Wano wish that after the festival night , Kaido and Orochi still gone. so Luffy will not have to fight Kaido for days. he will just fight him the whole night. and i assume Luffy will need a little help when his haki run out. so maybe Marco , Law , Zoro , Sanji and whoever is done with his fight should hold Kaido back till Luffy recovers his haki then he can finish Kaido.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
he will defeat Kaido till the morning , Kaido will be defeated by dawn just before the sunrise, since there is a significance for the night of the full moon , the people of Wano wish that after the festival night , Kaido and Orochi still gone. so Luffy will not have to fight Kaido for days. he will just fight him the whole night. and i assume Luffy will need a little help when his haki run out. so maybe Marco , Law , Zoro , Sanji and whoever is done with his fight should hold Kaido back till Luffy recovers his haki then he can finish Kaido.
The heads coming off at dawn. Luffys fight is now.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I can't logically think of a reply to this question.

It's just so fucking impossible in my mind that I don't even want to consider a scenario like this to happen.

For me, since the beginning of the arc, I was saying that they can't beat Kaido even in a team fight without at least one Admiral.

If Luffy genuinely solos Kaido in 1 vs 1 to prove his title wrong and all that shit. I think I will drop the weekly reading of this.

Dropping One Piece as a whole is hard especially after you spend so much time with this series ( 11 years for me now ) but I will definitely stop caring as I did in the past.

I will just check to see what is happening from time to time.

Oda has the audacity to say that you need to balance your MC so he won't become too powerful in a short span of time and the dude gives him one of the most insane power-ups in between Luffy tanking an attack with his dick.

Oda has a big opportunity to make OP become next level. He hypes Kaido so much and gives him title "World Strongest Creature". This monster one shot Luffy and destroyed Red Scabbard like nothing.

This is a perfect chance for strategic fight with huge huge tension (like HxH in Chimera Arc, or Jujutsu fight style). However, he clearly didn't give a damn and decided to destroy story's cohesiveness just for Luffy fan service. Even Dragon Ball asspull power ups are still more believable.

So, to answer your question, there is no way Oda will change the formula. Luffy will keep being the one man show with crazy power ups. For me, there is no excitement left. However, I already invest many years reading this manga and I just wait for the end.

But luffy loses the haki once
If he lost it again it will be the end
That’s why winning is impossible

H

humanbeing

But luffy loses the haki once
If he lost it again it will be the end
That’s why winning is impossible
it will not there are many people who could defend him and stall Kaido , Luffy will fight long enough till someone like Marco , Zoro , Sanji , Jinbe are already done with their fights , so they can hold Kaido for 10 minutes.

I think Luffy will do the most work against Kaido but it's already been a team-effort and Luffy might not even solo for the entirety of the rest of the fight. If he does and at some point, even seriously overwhelms Kaido then yeah, that'll be something.

If that happens, I'd expect Oda to reserve Luffy for fights against the world's strongest like the Admirals and Yonko and those who are around that level. I'd also expect those fights to be 1v1's from the beginning. Luffy's final fight and maybe even one of the ones before that will probably be against individuals even stronger than Kaido like Blackbeard when the time comes and perhaps Im. Aside from that, I'd expect Luffy to be able to push any living character in a fight from here on out.

One Piece still has other characters and we'll still see them overcome obstacles to improve even as we reach the end of the story.

Last edited:
Of course it will be exciting, Kaido was always merely a stepping stone surrounded by false hype. They real enemy has always been the World Government and as of now it continues undefeated.

There are still a lot of open threads: Blackbeard, Revolutionary Army, Shank's purpose, Laugh Tale, Ancient Weapons, World Government. I wouldn't be surprised if there are like 10 people in the world stronger than Kaido.

If anything I'm thrilled about this Arc ending just to focus on the more interesting stuff.