Where is Law?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKnightOfTheSea

๐•ท๐–”๐–—๐–‰ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•ธ๐–”๐–”๐–“'๐–˜ ๐•พ๐–•๐–†๐–œ๐–“
โ€Ž
I really dislike stories which glorify revenge. And it's something I think Oda's been rather good at avoiding. For example, Kyros did not defeat Diamante just to avenge Scarlet, but it was primarily to protect his daughter, who was still alive.

Sanji didn't seek vengeance against the Vinsmokes for terrorizing him during his youth. He looked the other way, and remained the better man throughout.

The Scabbards weren't petty and went after Orochi, they went after Kaido because he was who was enabling Orochi to start.

Yeah, Perospero is a threat, but it's not like you should drop everything else because of revenge. The Beast Pirates are still trying to kill Momo, who is the objective of the battle.

And if Oda's attempt is to make me hate Perospero for "killing Pedro," he should've done a better job of pining the blame on him. Perospero did not kill Pedro, Pedro chose to blow himself up, and in the process dismembered Perospero. This was after Pedro volunteered to venture into Linlin's territory unannounced.

I can kinda get Carrot's mindset, as she was there to witness Pedro's death, and she's still young and prone to irrational thought. There's no excuse for Neko and Shishilian to act so rashly and single-minded.

It just feels like Oda wants to put characters in place without thinking about how that affects their characterization.
To be fair Neko and Shishilian don't know that Pedro blew himself up. I think Oda just wants the readers to hate Perospero.
Post automatically merged:

Does anyone believe usopp should get conquerers?
I think he'll get it in Elbaf.

Perospero didn't kill Pedro lol....Pedro killed himself and nearly killed Perospero. Carrot spreading misinformation smh
Anyway don't mind the matchup....Injured Neko vs Perospero would be good!! But context of matchup somewhat stinks.....

Sanji is carrying Zoro.....Wow....Most probably he is carrying Zoro to Chopper to get him treated. Think mostly Zoro and Sanji vs King and Queen may happen imo

Kiku vs Kanjuro part 2 is underwhelming... Don't care about it tbh. Nami, BM, Tama and Ulti part is interesting. Glad Paypay is knocked out for good. He is the most underwhelming of F6 so far. Ulti really tried to knock out a kid??

Glad Nami was angry about it. Now that she is serious, hopefully we get to see Nami vs Ulti tactical battle of sorts. Don't know what's gonna happen with BM. Will Kidd find her? Or will she knock out Ulti before we get Ulti vs Nami....Let's see

I really dislike stories which glorify revenge. And it's something I think Oda's been rather good at avoiding. For example, Kyros did not defeat Diamante just to avenge Scarlet, but it was primarily to protect his daughter, who was still alive.

Sanji didn't seek vengeance against the Vinsmokes for terrorizing him during his youth. He looked the other way, and remained the better man throughout.

The Scabbards weren't petty and went after Orochi, they went after Kaido because he was who was enabling Orochi to start.

Yeah, Perospero is a threat, but it's not like you should drop everything else because of revenge. The Beast Pirates are still trying to kill Momo, who is the objective of the battle.

And if Oda's attempt is to make me hate Perospero for "killing Pedro," he should've done a better job of pining the blame on him. Perospero did not kill Pedro, Pedro chose to blow himself up, and in the process dismembered Perospero. This was after Pedro volunteered to venture into Linlin's territory unannounced.

I can kinda get Carrot's mindset, as she was there to witness Pedro's death, and she's still young and prone to irrational thought. There's no excuse for Neko and Shishilian to act so rashly and single-minded.

It just feels like Oda wants to put characters in place without thinking about how that affects their characterization.
I mean if you don't consider the scabbards going after Kaido primarily revenge related you can easily see them stopping Perospero as something good for the alliance.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
โ€Ž
I mean if you don't consider the scabbards going after Kaido primarily revenge related
Never said it wasn't.
To be fair Neko and Shishilian don't know that Pedro blew himself up. I think Oda just wants the readers to hate Perospero.
He definitely is, but he isn't doing a good job of it is what I'm saying.

Never said it wasn't.

He definitely is, but he isn't doing a good job of it is what I'm saying.
Then I'm not sure how it affects Nekomamushi's characterization if he wants to go after someone he believes responsible for a friend's death, unless you meant it affects them from the perspective of a reader but that would be more of a storytelling flaw rather than a characterization flaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.