[FNZ] Role Madness [Season 2] Round 6 - Naruto: Mafia Shippuden

Status
Not open for further replies.
She implicated that it would make no sense to type about gaining cred by lynching a town but I asserted how it's about balancing pros and cons out based off case by case analysis.

The premise is that a scum can construct a WIFOM play and gather fast cred by attempting to lynch me since it is well renowned that scums usually prefer to keep me alive.

If a scum wields a basis to push me it usually implicates they believe that the chances I can also flip scum but of a different alignment or faction can prove essentially good, so in the first place the problem is not really robust if I'm a feasible target, even without factoring that WIFOM agent.

But even if I flip Town they would not catch too much fire if their basis was good.

So I was saying as long as they see theit basis good enough and factor this WIFOM logic about me, that thing is real.

In Gambit's case, I think he is smart enough to realize that for starters that was not really a good basis to push me, so I don't suspect him much for his vote casted to my detriment.

In general scums are aware that the odds a player they push is also a scum are not necessarily substantially good at all if they show abnormal behaviours, most of the times they flip town as a matter of fact. They push them because of fallacies they can exploit to advance in the game.

In my case I didn't display such so I don't think that was Gambit's case, most likely.

Lindltaylor

There's no "Tina!"
I believe that I don't care what she says and that I will judge her based on her tells. So from your statement, are you saying that when she says she's town, you're gonna believe it automatically? Without questioning your own intellect? Is that what you meant?
Nope I meant that you were dumb because that statement firstly is simply common sense. No one would actually believe someone who comes and says that they are town. But I connected it to the other statement after.

Because, it's only my second response to him. Are you saying that I needed to type "vote lynch beta joke only" when my intention is to get reaction?
LOLOLOLOL
Where did you vote Beta? I only saw you vote for Zem and then say that it was joke. You effectively removed any weight that the vote carried and that's what I was pointing to.

well u told him he didnt understand what zem said
but u never bothered explaining it

so what exactly is the point of that reply?
My point was that it was self explanatory. Zem essentially meant that there was no town cred to gain from lynching a player who flips town. Which is true. Nobody doubles down on players and then gets an easy pass.

Zemmi

GodMommie
Nope I meant that you were dumb because that statement firstly is simply common sense. No one would actually believe someone who comes and says that they are town. But I connected it to the other statement after.

Where did you vote Beta? I only saw you vote for Zem and then say that it was joke. You effectively removed any weight that the vote carried and that's what I was pointing to.

My point was that it was self explanatory. Zem essentially meant that there was no town cred to gain from lynching a player who flips town. Which is true. Nobody doubles down on players and then gets an easy pass.
Wait... I have been voted for :gokulaugh: I guess I should read the first few pages.

please a concise explanation of whats a scum and WIFOM

Im just fresh to da game
Scum = a player with anti-town alignment
WIFOM = circular reasoning, basically reverse logic. Example: "I am scum and scums generally want Finalbeta in the game as long as possible cause he can usually help them advance further regardless of his alignment, since his performances as town are usually not very good, so if I lynch him I can use this reverse psychology to show I'm more probably town boasting my chances even further, eventually, thanks to this genius-like plan".

Emil

Certified Memelord
I think what I was saying was self explanatory and doesn't need an explanation

Simply no one gets town cred for any reason for lynching another town. It's not a complicated thing, nor is it rocket science.

That is why I found it odd he said someone would get town cred for lynching him.
sometimes u do
cuz scum doesnt tunnel that hard into town lynch
so if u lynch a townie with solid reasoning, u do get a town cred, altho a weak one. added with a powerwolf cred as well

i think beta just means scum usually wont lynch him, so its more often than not townies lynching him so if sm1 forced a lynch on beta its likely that person is town aka getting town cred in beta's eyes

Then why are you asking me to explain that stuff if you, yourself wouldn't believe it? And that's my way of saying "Hi" to Zem who I never played with for a long period of time. Are you trying to nitpick on the apparent jests we are throwing it and undermine the situation that most of the posts beforehand were actually fluffs before Beta came crashing with his defensive demeanor?

I voted him and he flipped.

WIFOM = circular reasoning, basically reverse logic. Example: "I am scum and scums generally want Finalbeta in the game as long as possible cause he can usually help them advance further regardless of his alignment, since his performances as town are usually not very good, so if I lynch him I can use this reverse psychology to show I'm more probably town boasting my chances even further, eventually, thanks to this genius-like plan".
Hmm interesting..

I believe there's a better paradigm to explain stuff to the newbie in a much less convoluted passion.

Scum = look at your role card. Is it Green or Red? Does is state eliminate all threats to town or otherwise.:gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh:

WIFOM = If I were this, why would I do this. Blah blah

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!

Emil

Certified Memelord
so 4 mafia and an SK + non hostile would probably make the most sense here. a standard setup

i think pein or obito is sk, while 4 of akatski are mafia. not sure who is non hostile (if any)

Zemmi

GodMommie
Yes which is why I called him out on it.

No one is going to get any kind of credit for lynching Beta.

No one reads anyone one way or another, considering Beta is often tried to be lynched D1 but town and scum both.

Town because he has a tendency to hurt town & Scum because he is an easy lynch and makes it very easy to make a case on him.

So anyone lynching him (unless he actually flipped scum) would gain no cred and remain neutral.

I personally have never given anyone any cred for lynching a town.

Lindltaylor

There's no "Tina!"
Then why are you asking me to explain that stuff if you, yourself wouldn't believe it? And that's my way of saying "Hi" to Zem who I never played with for a long period of time. Are you trying to nitpick on the apparent jests we are throwing it and undermine the situation that most of the posts beforehand were actually fluffs before Beta came crashing with his defensive demeanor?
Nope I didn't ask you to explain that single quote to me. I wanted to connect both of your quotes and arrive at a reason why you removed any pressure from your vote by saying that its a joke. But I never saw the vote that you put on beta.

I voted him and he flipped.
Then, I made a mistake. I'm sorry for jumping at you a bit too aggressively as well in my language.

Status
Not open for further replies.