The Zoro and Sanji Truce Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, you can pick and choose which personality traits you want to talk about in whay situation and I can also do the same but in the end it's preferences... How certain actions and behaviours make you feel compared to another person is entirely too subjective to argue about... Like I said, this is a thing sanji does and keeps doing up to now and I don't like it and never have and so that's that... Same as people who don't like Zoro being stoic and aloof as his personality traits that have been like that and will never change while I like them

I'm just posted this to highlight that this Zoro vs Sanji stuff isn't rooted in some petty mimicry of how the two characters behave on screen or power level nonsense or whatever, at least not for people like me. Some of us PLAINLY DISLIKE how one character is entirely constructed from the bottom up as a character... Like I am entirely unengaged with Sanji's dreams or personality or specfic role in the story itself like fundamentally. I am incapable of caring about All blue or chivalry or food or smoking or kicking karate or power ranger suits in the context that they are presented in with Sanji.

And I blame Context more than anything because I've seen it done in different context much better. I quite love Sanji's backstory with Zeff because of how the Dream and food tied the two characters together but after that, none of it mattered. The all blue or the food or anything. None of it mattered so I didn't care since the context of Sanji's dream and his cooking no longer supports why I should care about them.

There's a One piece movie called Dead end adventure that was so astounding to me because I knew for a fact that it was written by a person who clearly liked Sanji more than Zoro to the point that Zoro was written as a hyper active monkey while Sanji was written as an actual cool suave guy like James bond or some shit. I actually liked how Sanji was written for the first time ever and t was in the context of a movie. I was so surprised I literally made a reddit post about it
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/9wxexk The contexts in which Sanji would've appealed to me are almost none existent in the actual story and that's I think thats a shame since I've seen it done well those few times

And I fully believe this general dislike is true regarding Zoro and other characters when it comes to other people. Sometimes certain chracters just can't appeal to some people
Ok I can see where your coming from. Again liking characters is subjective. I cant argue against you because thats why you dislike him. Fair enough.

However I still dont think this is the thread for it.

As a die hard Zoro fan, I have a lot of sympathy for Sanji and his fans after the WCI arc.

Many known fanboys of OJ used to piss me off by overrating Sanji. In fact, one of the reasons why I joined OJ.

However, things dramatically changed during/after WCI. People used to shit on Sanji and his fans with every opportunity every week. It was not only related to powerlevel; bad opinions and overreactions like "Oda ruined Sanji's character as a whole" also became very popular.

For me, the most important thing is very few people seriously claim Zoro and Sanji are equal anymore. As long as this continues, I dont have any problem with Sanji and his fans.

As a die hard Zoro fan, I have a lot of sympathy for Sanji and his fans after the WCI arc.

Many known fanboys of OJ used to piss me off by overrating Sanji. In fact, one of the reasons why I joined OJ.

However, things dramatically changed during/after WCI. People used to shit on Sanji and his fans with every opportunity every week. It was not only related to powerlevel; bad opinions and overreactions like "Oda ruined Sanji's character as a whole" also became very popular.

For me, the most important thing is very few people seriously claim Zoro and Sanji are equal anymore. As long as this continues, I dont have any problem with Sanji and his fans.
Sanji = Zoro tho.

How am i not surprised that swordboys can't hold themselfes back and have to bash Sanji again?
Everybody knows how much you hate him,...this thread is to appreciate both characters and what you like about them. If you don't have anything to say besides bashing, THEN WHY ARE YOU IN THIS THREAD?!

Does it hurt you so much to know, that people will say good things about Sanji in this thread, so you have to come to this thread to ruin it for them?...
Yes yes we know bakes cakes ...did I do it right?
Post automatically merged:

Sanji = Zoro tho.
In your wildest cake baking fantasies only

Status
Not open for further replies.