Bleach reread?

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I recommend rereading arcs. You can find plenty of cool little moments.

Like for example, did you know that Choutou actually first appeared all the way back during Bayou Arc?
Or that the move made by Shin in this scene....
Was previously used by Duke Hyou when he dueled Gokei?

What do think about rereads?
@Arara @Guan Yu @Admiral Lee Hung @Beerbottle @Shanks
You mad genius
:gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh:

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I will join if I can spare some time over the weekend

I have watched the anime and started reading the manga where anime ended. I have binge read the final arc, so cant remember all the minor details.
I'd love to watch the anime. Apart from a few clips, I never got into it. But the animation is phenominal and I love the soundtrack. I just don't have the time to watch a 25 minute episode.

Like for example, did you know that Choutou actually first appeared all the way back during Bayou Arc?

Please don't invade our thread with other anime bullshit. Have some respect here Tartan owl :pepedoffy:

Please don't invade our thread with other anime bullshit. Have some respect here Tartan owl :pepedoffy:
I am talking about Kingdom in the Kingdom Section. Quite perfectly logical in my opinion.
:cheers:

Have you reread any arcs Lee? I seem to recall you are quite fond of the Wei Fire Dragon Arc. :feelsokeman:

Gaimou and Earl Shi are quite awe inspiringly, monstrous individuals indeed. :sadgrin:

Seeing Ouhon get some time to shine was the biggest highlight of that arc for me though. :catsweat:

H

Haoshoku

I’ve reread Hueco Mundo saga a couple of times. I need to rewatch the SS arc, only saw it once but of course that arc is very memorable. But lowkey kinda busy, I don’t think I can do a reread atm. Sounds like a good way to revive discussion though.

The way GakuEi was sent flying with that cut and the hieghts his upper body achieved with that was really unimaginable and fabulous :kappa:

Also you are incredible, mr. Big Lips sama, SHK did mentioned uncle Choutou in that chapter, to take care of mighty Karin sama (Chu) and permission granted. :pepelit:
Post automatically merged:

I'd love to watch the anime. Apart from a few clips, I never got into it. But the animation is phenominal and I love the soundtrack. I just don't have the time to watch a 25 minute episode.

But the title of this thread got bleached by Bushin sama, that's why it's good for Kingdom :tchpepe:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Have you reread any arcs Lee? I seem to recall you are quite fond of the Wei Fire Dragon Arc. :feelsokeman:

Gaimou and Earl Shi are quite awe inspiringly, monstrous individuals indeed.
I’ve reread individual fights but not entire arcs lol. In particular Gyou’Un vs Shin and Renpa vs Mougou lol. I plan to do at least 1 huge Kingdom reread in the near future though. My first Kingdom read was slow and meticulous, I wanted to absorb as much of it as I could lol.

Earl Shi is my favorite Wei General and one of my favorite characters lol. His savage ruthlessness is awe inspiring.

The way GakuEi was sent flying with that cut and the hieghts his upper body achieved with that was really unimaginable and fabulous :kappa:
I always thought those multiple compensation shoulder pauldrons reminded me of a dragonfly. Who would have thought he would actually become airborne? :sadgrin:

Side note, that was without a doubt the best Gaku Ei scene. :yearight:
Also you are incredible, mr. Big Lips sama, SHK did mentioned uncle Choutou in that chapter, to take care of mighty Karin sama (Chu) and permission granted. :pepelit:
I like to think of that panel as a bit of hype for my man Choutou.

Who did the mastermind strategists of Qin’s top military academies send to hold the line against the Chu superstate?

Was it the impetuous Duke Hyou who in his last battle needed Goatki to save his arse from being ground beneath the wheels of the mighty chariots of the greatest Wei Fire Dragon? No.

Was it Mougou who was specifically sent to deal with the bitch state of Han? No.

It was Great General Choutou, the veteran with the longest service record among all of Qin’s contemporary Generals. :catsweat:

The Coalition Alliance was lucky that Bitch Seikai was an expert on poison or else mighty Choutou sama would have been wrecking way more arse. :cheers:

This sounds dope asf tbh. Doing this with Bleach first and then branching out to other series would be a cool thing that people on here could do with each other whenever a decent amount are able to spare some time to it.

The anime was pretty good tbh. I have watched soul society arc several times. The voice actors of Aizen and Grimmjow are awesome. There are a lot of filler episodes which is quite annoying. I hope they bring back the anime for the final arc.

I’ve reread individual fights but not entire arcs lol. In particular Gyou’Un vs Shin and Renpa vs Mougou lol. I plan to do at least 1 huge Kingdom reread in the near future though. My first Kingdom read was slow and meticulous, I wanted to absorb as much of it as I could lol.
Nice. Lol.

I have reread the Dalkan Plains, Bayou, Coalition War and Zhao Invasion arcs. Still brilliant every single time I read it.:goyea:

Rereading Dalkan Plains actually increased my appreciation for Gokei while recognising Hyou’s glaring flaws as a General. The first read for me was just one huge adrenaline rush. Lmao. :suresure:

A full reread of Kingdom sounds great. Two mangas I would like reread from beginning to end would be Kingdom and Trigun.

I might one day reread Pre-TS One Piece just to see if it was actually better than Post-TS or if my memory is simply blinded by nostalgia. Lol.
Earl Shi is my favorite Wei General and one of my favorite characters lol. His savage ruthlessness is awe inspiring.
He was quite good. He probably has one of the saddest backstories for a Great General along with Gokei. That final moment when he thinks of his defeat as simply reuniting with his lost love.... :catcry:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I have reread the Dalkan Plains, Bayou, Coalition War and Zhao Invasion arcs. Still brilliant every single time I read it.:goyea:

Rereading Dalkan Plains actually increased my appreciation for Gokei while recognising Hyou’s glaring flaws as a General. The first read for me was just one huge adrenaline rush. Lmao. :suresure:
When I first read Dakan Plains, I thought Duke Hyou was just a poor General lol. In retrospect though, the real truth is this:

1. Instinctual Generals are volatile by nature, and when Instictual Generals go to war, mass casualties ensue. Duke Hyou later proved against both Gohomei and Godboku himself that he is a top tier General. Lol
2. Gokei is just a complete fucking animal. Never before or since have we seen an army of 100,000 virtually exterminated in 1 day of battle lmfao. Like, this feat is just completely freaking insane. Gokei was shredding those Qin monkeys like it was nobody's business. Seriously one of the most insane tactical feats in Kingdom that doesn't get enough credit in our lovely discussions. Lol

He was quite good. He probably has one of the saddest backstories for a Great General along with Gokei. That final moment when he thinks of his defeat as simply reuniting with his lost love.... :catcry:
Shi Ei is a sick motherfucker who at times gave me Houken vibes in terms of how brutal he was. This complete BAMF storms the battlefield and starts butchering the elite Gyoku Hyou like it's nobodies business lol. The panels where Shi Ei first takes action:

Gave me hardcore Houken/Gyou'Un vibes in terms of the sheer horror of this man's strength lol. And then, there was these panels:

And god damn was I floored lol. I was thinking that Gaimou was going to steal the show from the Wei Generals just for his mighty appearance, but holy fuck did Shi Ei floor Gaimou in terms of badassery.

And of course, the highest Great General Kill Count in Kingdom History (alongside Houken) doesn't hurt him either

When I first read Dakan Plains, I thought Duke Hyou was just a poor General lol. In retrospect though, the real truth is this:

1. Instinctual Generals are volatile by nature, and when Instictual Generals go to war, mass casualties ensue. Duke Hyou later proved against both Gohomei and Godboku himself that he is a top tier General. Lol
2. Gokei is just a complete fucking animal. Never before or since have we seen an army of 100,000 virtually exterminated in 1 day of battle lmfao. Like, this feat is just completely freaking insane. Gokei was shredding those Qin monkeys like it was nobody's business. Seriously one of the most insane tactical feats in Kingdom that doesn't get enough credit in our lovely discussions. Lol
1) Hmm, that is a good point. I find that Duke Hyou is just pretty difficult to compare to other Generals because of his high risk, high reward tactics. Even other notable Instinctual Types like Keisha and Gyou’Un still had strategy drilled into them from Strategic Type tutors which is probably why they perform consistently better than Hyou.

2) I would like to point out that it was only because of Ouki’s interference that Qin was able to take that hill, force Gokei to move and allowed Hyou to enact his destructive all out charge.

That it means it took two Great Generals to bring Fire Dragon Gokei down. The only other chadnificant individual that required two GG’s to kill him is the great Ouki sama himself.:cheers:
Shi Ei is a sick motherfucker who at times gave me Houken vibes in terms of how brutal he was. This complete BAMF storms the battlefield and starts butchering the elite Gyoku Hyou like it's nobodies business lol. The panels where Shi Ei first takes action:

Gave me hardcore Houken/Gyou'Un vibes in terms of the sheer horror of this man's strength lol. And then, there was these panels:

And god damn was I floored lol. I was thinking that Gaimou was going to steal the show from the Wei Generals just for his mighty appearance, but holy fuck did Shi Ei floor Gaimou in terms of badassery.

And of course, the highest Great General Kill Count in Kingdom History (alongside Houken) doesn't hurt him either
Damn those glorious panels are making me want to reread the Wei Fire Dragon Arc. :steef:

That first panel of Earl Shi is utterly terrifying. The man is felling those soldiers like a farmer fells wheat. :catsweat:

I also reread couple of times but cool idea, would be down every now and then. There's a bit to unpack in the first few stories that hover over the horror/slice of life genres more than straight up shounen stuff. The Misaki death aniversty/trip chapters are practically top tier Kubo shit.

In his next series, I'd love it if he avoid combat/power heavy shit all together.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
The anime was pretty good tbh. I have watched soul society arc several times. The voice actors of Aizen and Grimmjow are awesome. There are a lot of filler episodes which is quite annoying. I hope they bring back the anime for the final arc.
Japanese dub or another language? If it's the former, definitely agree. I really like the Japanese VAs, more so than what I've heard from the American English version.
I see that now. TAC wasn't goofing around when he said we're gonna hijack Kingdom for Bleach.

Power to TAC.
The Bleach Kingdom is here to stay. They need to learn that.
I also reread couple of times but cool idea, would be down every now and then. There's a bit to unpack in the first few stories that hover over the horror/slice of life genres more than straight up shounen stuff. The Misaki death aniversty/trip chapters are practically top tier Kubo shit.

In his next series, I'd love it if he avoid combat/power heavy shit all together.
Turn Back the Pendulum is my favorite span of chapters. I'm of two minds on his power stuff. He's really creative when he wants to be but having to read another handful of repetitive fights (Zommari, Pepe, Mayuri in general) definitely doesn't sound fun lol.

Imo first arc is really underrated. I see everyone talking about the badass characters like Ouki, Houken, Kanki, Renpa, etc. Or badass duels like Ouki vs Houken, Moubu vs Kanmei. Or legendary arc like Coalition arc or moments of Kanki's savagery.
But it's rare to see people discussing about the first arc when Ei Sei was kicked from the palace by his younger brother.

But the first arc is what made me interested so much to the story. The atmosphere was intense:
- Shin and Ei Sei running away in a underground cave, and suddenly there is blood dripping from the ceiling from the corpses above.
- Shin and Ei Sei and Karyo Ten were hiding in a shack in the middle of the jungle, and they were being tracked by an assasin from the palace. The assasin who killed a tiger with poison needle.
- Shin, Ei Sei and their little army's journey to the mountain to seek for Mountain Tribe's assistance. But they were suddenly ambushed and captured by the tribes, and held in a cell overnight while Ei Sei alone was sent into Mountain King.
- Mountain King's glorious debut, sitting in the throne with some savage looking wolfes sitting below the throne.
- Fast forward to retake the palace part, the match between Bajio, Tajifu and Shin vs Rankai.
- Ouki casually appeared, 1 shotted a big shot, then left again. Mountain King and Shobunkun were suddenly in guard by Ouki's presence.
Post automatically merged:

And that 1 moment when Shin helping an injured Mountain Tribe man walking, only to be told by Karyo Ten some minutes later, that the injured man is already dead...

Japanese dub or another language? If it's the former, definitely agree. I really like the Japanese VAs, more so than what I've heard from the American English version.

The Bleach Kingdom is here to stay. They need to learn that.

Turn Back the Pendulum is my favorite span of chapters. I'm of two minds on his power stuff. He's really creative when he wants to be but having to read another handful of repetitive fights (Zommari, Pepe, Mayuri in general) definitely doesn't sound fun lol.
Lmao yah the linear beam fights or hax rpg turn based attacks are definitely gonna bottleneck this. This is why I liked Fullbring, it's like the perfect mix of experimental drama + good old bleach fights. What did you guys think of that one btw? for me it's top 3-4 bleach arcs.