General & Others Importance of Zoro Defeating King and Mihawk's Portrayal.

I don't think Zoro has much to prove anymore but it'd be great seeing him face off against the Beast Pirates' strongest swordsman. King hasn't been the most impressive but he's much better than most of Zoro's previous opponents post-timeskip and the problems of Zoro appearing vastly superior are settled with Zoro being injured for the fight. I expect to see a lot more from Hybrid King and Queen and I think they'll be important matches for Zoro and Sanji, putting strength-levels aside.

I have to come out of my hiatus and state on this matter coz seems like people are kicking a dead horse at this point

The necessity of zoro fighting someone has always entailed a prerequisite hype and suspense which overall makes sense, this in turn pushes zoro to do more against high caliber opponents.. that have a certain notoriety to them.

Now the problem is
i don't see how zoro can even remotely replicate the hype and the growth on the roof against someone like king.. with him out shining his captain on the roof against a yonko albeit with solid assistance..So the rooftop has killed any and every lingering glamor and depth this 1v1 had.. its because not only would it make no sense when you take his condition into account, it would be an irrelevant fight for zoro that won't even narratively develop him at all.

in a nutshell
1)his condition

2)narratively irrelevant fight for zoro

3)growth would be miniscule

4)a formality.. that would make zoro monotonous in Onigashima

Last edited:
At this point Zoro vs King would no longer showcase Zoro as the underdog since we saw what he’s capable.

There’s no point of a fight if it lacks any tension.

Power wise: Zoro gets nothing out of this
Character wise: Zoro gets nothing out of this
Plot wise: No plot threads connect these two anyways.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Becoming the WSS is not a competition with others really. As longs as Zoro becomes strong enough to beat Mihawk, he's good.
If Zoro vs King was something to help Zoro learn the Fire cutting technique, I would be more favorable for it, but, as of right now, I don't see Zoro fighting any Calamity.
He said Ashura was his last attack. It's not something another character said, it's not a SBS, it's not some weird interpretation. It's something the character himself stated. The character himself stated he was at his limit.
Marco's healing ability does not, as far as we know, heals fatigue. Even if he fix all of Zoro's broken bones, he should still be needing rest for a while. During this time, it's the time the Calamities should be dealt with.
After that, I'm all for Zoro getting back up and fighting against one of the Yonkos again. Getting instant heal after all the mentions of how severe his state is, just to fight an opponent that currently brings nothing to the table for him, is not something I can support.
If King shows something special that justifies his fight with Zoro, I'm open minded about it, but it's not the case currently.
Btw, about Kaku. 2 things:
1- In giraffe mode, Kaku wasn't even using his swords anymore. Dude was using more his nose.
2- Zoro vs Kaku had a plot closure with Paullie asking Zoro to tell either Kaku or Lucci that they were fired. Sanji had nothing to do with this plot, since during the events at Galley-La, Sanji was roaming Water7 following Robin. He had no interactions with the Galley-La plot.
King has nothing like it.

At this point Zoro vs King would no longer showcase Zoro as the underdog since we saw what he’s capable.

There’s no point of a fight if it lacks any tension.

Power wise: Zoro gets nothing out of this
Character wise: Zoro gets nothing out of this
Plot wise: No plot threads connect these two anyways.
That arguement died the Moment Killer Started fighting Hawkins