Powers & Abilities Does Yamato Have Haoshoku?

Does Yamato Have Haoshoku?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
I think there is a very good case that she does.

Her Relation to Kaido
She's Kaido's only child, and he raised her as his "son"

Other Top Tiers have sired children that are themselves Conquerors:
  • Roger: Ace
  • Dragon: Luffy
  • Linlin: Katakuri
Whitebeard and Weevil are not confirmed, but it's more a case that the Jury is still out:
  1. We don't know if Weevil is truly Whitebeard's son.
  2. We don't know if Weevil is a Conqueror or not.
And even then, Weevil is an exception as he's very dependent on his mother.

The three examples I mentioned earlier does suggest that Yamato is probably a Conqueror.

Yamato also seems to have inherited Kaido's abnormal physical stature, as she withstood an endless barrage of cannon fire:

This lends credibility to the notion that Kaido's blood flows especially strongly in her, and makes it more likely that she inherited his disposition of the King.

Compare Katakuri who seems to have inherited nothing of the sort from Linlin.

Beyond merely being Kaido's only child and inheriting his insane physicals, Kaido is also raising her to be the Shogun of Wano:

This suggests that Kaido has very high ambitions for her. Contrast Katakuri who Linlin considers one of her lowly children and shows no special regard.

Kaido is someone that only respects strength. He berated Doflamingo for losing to Luffy and Law because he was "too weak".

He also seems to have trained Yamato given that she can perfectly execute his signature technique:

So to summarise:
  • Yamato is Kaido's only child.
  • He raised her as his "son" and trained her to be a fierce warrior.
  • He has high ambitions for her and seeks to make her Shogun.

Yamato's Resolve
Yamato further has the determination and resolve to be a Conqueror. When she rescued Momonosuke from Sasaki's Armoured Division, she told him that she wanted to save him 20 years ago, but apologises that she could do nothing but watch helplessly because back then, she didn't have the "strength":

This suggests that she now has the strength to make a meaningful difference and stand up to her father.

She stated that she would die for Momonosuke:

She refused to compromise on protecting Momonosuke and Shinobu despite receiving and endless barrage of canon fire as "Kozuki Oden would never do that":

Kozuki Oden
Yamato seeks to become Oden:

[imghttps://i.imgur.com/GsXfgST.png][/img]

Oden was a Conqueror himself.

Battle With Ace
When she fought Ace, she stalemated him:

Ace declared that she was too strong to not be the captain:

Note that Ace is saying this about an Emperor's crew.

This same sentiment has also been expressed of Zoro, and Zoro revealed himself to be a Conqueror:

Rebellion
Yamato has disowned Kaido has a Father:

She desires to face him in combat:

She destroyed the dragon statue that symbolised his power:

This might signify her rejection of his authority and dominance over her life.

Conclusions
Yamato has an incredibly good case to be a Conqueror β€” about the strongest of those not yet confirmed to be Conqueror's we've seen among the new generation β€” and I would be surprised if she's not.

If she indeed fights her father, she sort of needs Haoshoku (even if she has to learn/awaken it mid combat) to be able to put up a real fight.

Thematically, it would also fit for her to get a Conqueror's clash with him as she rejects his influence over her life and forges her own path forward.

Her heritage is the strongest we've seen of any top tier's children. She inherited her father's abnormal body, his weapon and even his fighting style. Kaido himself also holds very high ambitions for her.

If someone with heritage as (relatively) flimsy as Katakuri could inherit the King's disposition, I don't see why Yamato cannot as well.

I'm not really aware of any credible arguments against Yamato having Haoshoku. I think the resistance to the notion comes from concerns about how she would fit into the Strawhats if she's a Conqueror:
  • She might be too strong that she'll disturb the Monster Trio.
    • Some consider it sacred.
  • She would make Haoshoku less special and/or less important.
  • She'll adversely affect crew dynamics.

I fully believe that Yamato will join the crew, but I don't consider any of the above objections credible.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
But yes another conqueror in the crew would definetly make it less special, why you dont think so?
I don't think that's a reason for Yamato not to have Conqueror's. Both Roger and Rocks had several Conqueror's under them.

Roger:
  1. Rayleigh
  2. Oden
  3. Shanks (Dormant)
Rocks:
  1. Edward Newgate
  2. Kaido
  3. Linlin
  4. Shiki (?)
Luffy:
  1. Zoro
  2. Yamato

Luffy still wouldn't have as many Conquerors as Rocks even if Yamato shows herself to be one.

Rather than Yamato having Haoshoku making it less special, I think Luffy having many Conquerors on his crew is what makes it a true Pirate King crew.

Last edited:

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'π–˜ π•Ύπ–•π–†π–œπ–“
β€Ž
I don't think that's a reason for Yamato not to have Conqueror's. Both Roger and Rocks had several Conqueror's under them.

Roger:
  1. Rayleigh
  2. Oden
  3. Shanks (Dormant)
Rocks:
  1. Edward Newgate
  2. Kaido
  3. Linlin
  4. Shiki (?)
Luffy:
  1. Luffy
  2. Zoro
  3. Yamato

Luffy still wouldn't have as many Conquerors as Rocks even if Yamato shows herself to be one.

Rather than Yamato having Haoshoku making it less special, I think Luffy having many Conquerors on his crew is what makes it a true Pirate King crew.
Luffy will have at least four conquerors in his crew, including himself: Luffy, Zoro, Usopp and Yamato

Is hard to say about coating attacks with CoC(why the hell you said infuse? and why you are calling Haoshoku no one knows that word without googling) since Oda literally just thought about that shit in chapter 1010 so every usage before that is weird.

But I would say she has Adv CoC but she lacks of Adv Armament (internal destruction). Is clearly that she doesn't have Adv Armament because she couldn't get off her collars.

Roger:
  1. Rayleigh
  2. Oden
  3. Shanks (Dormant)
Rocks:
  1. Edward Newgate
  2. Kaido
  3. Linlin
  4. Shiki (?)
Luffy:
  1. Luffy
  2. Zoro
  3. Yamato

Shanks had it dormient, so this makes roger pirates having only 2 users. Rock pirates were an all stars crew indeed, but i do believe only their captain and vice could use it, otherwise they would have been unstoppable.
3 is more than 2, having three users would make the three less special than if they were two, is simple as it is.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Rock pirates were an all stars crew indeed, but i do believe only their captain and vice could use it, otherwise they would have been unstoppable.
Whitebeard, Kaido, Linlin and probably Shiki were all Conquerors. Whitebeard initially requested Oden's request to join his crew because Oden was a Conqueror and a crew of several Conquerors was unstable in his experience.

Shanks had it dormient, so this makes roger pirates having only 2 users.
2 users under Roger (Rayleigh and Oden).

3 is more than 2, having three users would make the three less special than if they were two, is simple as it is.
Luffy will also have 2 users under him (Zoro and Yamato). I made a mistake by counting Luffy among them.