Rate The Chapter!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Especially by comparison with quirks of Usopp or Sanji, I feel like not liking Yamato as Oden sounds like a barrier to maximum enjoyment of the character.
I will never understand why this is such a difficult concept for some of y’all to grasp...it IS possible to enjoy something AND be aware of its flaws or want it to be the best version of itself. I’m not less intrigued or excited about Yamato’s potential just because I find the cosplay shit tiresome, I’m cognizant of the fact that a cool character could be even better. None of Oda’s creations are unassailably perfect (several of them become less enjoyable as the arcs go by), but if I stopped supporting the ones with unappealing traits or irritating quirks, I might as well drop the series entirely.

I will never understand why this is such a difficult concept for some of y’all to grasp...it IS possible to enjoy something AND be aware of its flaws or want it to be the best version of itself. I’m not less intrigued or excited about Yamato’s potential just because I find the cosplay shit tiresome, I’m cognizant of the fact that a cool character could be even better. None of Oda’s creations are unassailably perfect (several of them become less enjoyable as the arcs go by), but if I stopped supporting the ones with unappealing traits or irritating quirks, I might as well drop the series entirely.
Sorry if you feel judged. If you said Yamato is even your favorite character but can't stand that important trait, it's still whatever. I'm just saying that imo, if someone is pissed that Oda made Sanji's big play revolve around cake instead of kicking ass, or that Usopp is still asking Nami to tuck her dick in front of enemy officers, it sounds like enjoying less than the full picture.

I don't think the Oden thing is going away but if you hate it whether it does or doesn't, so be it

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Sorry if you feel judged. If you said Yamato is even your favorite character but can't stand that important trait, it's still whatever. I'm just saying that imo, if someone is pissed that Oda made Sanji's big play revolve around cake instead of kicking ass, or that Usopp is still asking Nami to tuck her dick in front of enemy officers, it sounds like enjoying less than the full picture.

I don't think the Oden thing is going away but if you hate it whether it does or doesn't, so be it
Fair enough, legitimate complaints are still complaints. Don’t need to waste any more words on Oda’s unyielding commitment to bits that don’t work, he does a good job of reminding us every single chance he gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.