Best Villain Tournament Round 1 Bracket 1

WHO WINS EACH FIGHT?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cinera

๐€๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐Œ๐š๐ฌ๐œ๐ก๐ž๐ง๐ง๐ฒ ๐๐ž๐ญ
โ€Ž
Blackbeard, Loki, Azula, Scar, Aizen and Makima.

Azula is the only one I read in any depth.

Who submitted Azula please? I'd like for them to recommend me more great waifus.

Addressed at no one in particular, on why Makima is a better villain than Dio.

Rarity
Makima's concept as a villain is while not entirely original, is a lot rarer than the kind of generic and narcissistic evil Dio represents. Makima is not a cartoon villain, but an actual nuanced character with her own quirks. She's someone that you don't just love to hate, but can actually love.

I've searched hard, and I've yet to find a character that fits her exact archetype.

Relatable
Makima is a character that while misguided in important and crucial ways is still relatable. She's someone whose actions you understand and whose goals and motivations you can sympathiser with. More than that, shes a character that you might at times root for. Not just because of her evil charisma (and she's plenty charismatic), but because she can actually present a compelling narrative.

When she lays out her true goals and ambitions:

And the reasons for the world she wants to create is revealed:

They are something I can find relatable.

Presence
Makima hard carried Chainsaw Man, and it simply wouldn't have been what it is without her. She's the only reason I started the manga, and she's what kept it from being another generic horror comedy shounen.

Her presence and actions granted extra depth to the series, and overcoming her represented the most defining character conflict of the protagonist.

Expressiveness

As a villain, Makima emotes especially strongly. She's one of the few characters out there that can really make you feel.

When she tells Denji to remember her:

When she threatens the Yakuza:

Her refutation of their philosophy of a necessary evil and her assertion of dominance gives you chills.

When she summons herself from a horde of rats:

There is that same awe inspiring dread.

The implication that she's always there, always listening:

When Darkness beckons her:

Just who is she that one of the primal fear devils bid her come?

Her big reveal:

The fear of Makima is the history of humanity.

Conclusions
Makima is one of the all time best villains to grace the Shounen space.

She inspires awe, terror, worship, dread, love and respect. She's a force of nature and swallows you up in the storm of her whims. Her presence is an ever present precept that guides the broader narrative of the Chainsaw Man series.

As a villain, she's in a completely different class from the likes of Dio.

Last edited:

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
@God Ward, @Tris, @Don DaSlayer: please come vote here.

You need to vote for all battles.

Please just ensure that you support the best girl and top antagonist of Chainsaw Man.
Oh Cin, I can't let you do that. I'll be giving you a first warning now, but this is the same thing I disqualified Odiak for in the last tournament. You can't tag people and tell them who to vote for. Please don't do it again.

Cinera

๐€๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐Œ๐š๐ฌ๐œ๐ก๐ž๐ง๐ง๐ฒ ๐๐ž๐ญ
โ€Ž
Oh Cin, I can't let you do that. I'll be giving you a first warning now, but this is the same thing I disqualified Odiak for in the last tournament. You can't tag people and tell them who to vote for. Please don't do it again.
I assume this applies to PMs as well?

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
idk most of them... and i don't wanna vote at random..

@Light D Lamperouge

if you allow them they can bribe me in voting thier chosen villan
Sorry, missed this. Read the synopsis, they are quite detailed and see which one you like.
Post automatically merged:

does that apply to a layman like ms as well..

i mean i won't mind if someone wants my vote
Check above lol. Sorry. That would also be kind of cheating lol. Choose the ones you like more from the synopsis.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
I ain't seen either series. I only voted Dio because his description was more interesting. :saden:

Aizen is the most overrated villain here. That bloke is dogshit. :virusprot:
Did you try CSM lol?

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
@Light D Lamperouge How many of these go through to the next round?
6. Each F that is marked with the same number is the battle.

Like for instance

F3 is Tesoro vs Azula. The one that has more votes between them advances. And so on for every FX.

Also you need to vote for every fight if you want your vote to be counted. If you don't I won't be able to count your vote.