Best Villain Tournament Round 1 Bracket 1

WHO WINS EACH FIGHT?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
There’s benefit in him moving on, gonna be easier to choose between him and the actual great villains in the later rounds :wellwell:
Between people with motivation and development and a smug asshole.

Azula's gonna clean this though, she's the best.
That’s some weird Chronology
But aight yall I’ll check it out
Yeah, it's a real weird thing. They renamed the originals after the Prequels came out for some reason.

Wait, so are we voting on a villain based on what we personally feel about them, or based on the quality of the person’s entry? Because whatever you might feel about Dio or Makima (I don’t know either character), one write up is vastly better than the other if you judge on effort, eloquence and giving the un-initiated an introduction to the character.

@Light D Lamperouge can you clear this up? I feel like if it’s just a popularity contest, it defeats the purpose of having contestants write a synopsis in the first place, might as well just pick someone popular like the Joker and watch the votes pour in regardless of what you wrote.

OK, I finally managed to count it lmfao. The actual number of voters is 37 now.

@Constantine @ZenZu @Hakuba-EneL @PrinceKun @Bounty I cannot count your votes unless you vote for all 6 rounds. Sorry for tagging you all, but that was a rule I had to implement due to some cheating in the previous rounds. If you wish for your votes to count and maybe be of help to any of your choices, you will have to vote for the rest as well.
You had to vote for all 6 rounds?
Sorry it's my fault I misread :goyea:

How are the Star Wars movies? That scene has me interested.
The Original Trilogy (A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi) is great. A classic film trilogy that still holds up to this day.

The Prequel Trilogy (Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith) have their ups and downs. Dips at Phantom Menace (though that one does have the best choreographed lightsaber dual) and peaks at Revenge of the Sith.

The Disney Sequel Trilogy (The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker) are flat out awful. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about these films and they never should have been made. It is one thing to be bad, it is another to be bad and actively shit on the original work. Lel.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Wait, so are we voting on a villain based on what we personally feel about them, or based on the quality of the person’s entry? Because whatever you might feel about Dio or Makima (I don’t know either character), one write up is vastly better than the other if you judge on effort, eloquence and giving the un-initiated an introduction to the character.

@Light D Lamperouge can you clear this up? I feel like if it’s just a popularity contest, it defeats the purpose of having contestants write a synopsis in the first place, might as well just pick someone popular like the Joker and watch the votes pour in regardless of what you wrote.
Well, I imagined it as taking into consideration all of it, the villain, the presentation, how you feel about them, how they stack up to each other, who achieved more, etc. I personally read all the introductions and presentations of the villains, even though I am familiar with most of them here, and then judge using the aforementioned factors.

You had to vote for all 6 rounds?
Yup.

Sorry it's my fault I misread :goyea:
No worries. Just vote for each round.

Last edited:
Well, I imagined it as taking into consideration all of it, the villain, the presentation, how you feel about them, how they stack up to each other, who achieved more, etc. I personally read all the introductions and presentations of the villains, even though I am familiar with most of them here, and then judge using the aforementioned factors.
Hmm would it be alright to add a note to the next round of battles that people should vote based on the quality of the synopsis rather than their own personal feelings? Otherwise there’s not really much point in writing anything, just chuck in a YouTube clip of Thanos or something and say ZomG WoW ThAnoS So GrEaT and harvest votes lol.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Hmm would it be alright to add a note to the next round of battles that people should vote based on the quality of the synopsis rather than their own personal feelings?
I am not sure if I can lol. The problem with that is that some people wrote a few sentences or a short paragraph because I told them that a few sentences should be enough. It wouldn't be fair toward them now. Maybe it's my fault for not envisioning it perfectly.

And to be honest, I think it wouldn't change much lol.

I do understand what you're saying though.

I am not sure if I can lol. The problem with that is that some people wrote a few sentences or a short paragraph because I told them that a few sentences should be enough. It wouldn't be fair toward them now. Maybe it's my fault for not envisioning it perfectly.

And to be honest, I think it wouldn't change much lol.

I do understand what you're saying though.
Yeah because right now I’m not entirely sure if this is a villain popularity contest, or if it’s a writing contest in which people are supposed to be judged on the strength of their promotion for said villain. If it’s the former, it could disincentivise people from choosing lesser known villains or series that might not have as big a following as the big 3 shonen. Riboku from Kingdom for example is a great antagonist but Kingdom being Seinen inherently has a smaller audience than say Bleach. So if you put Riboku up against Aizen, even if the person choosing Riboku wrote an A+ essay and the person choosing Aizen wrote like 5 sentences, Riboku would struggle to get votes simply because less people know who he is. And that’s kind of unfair to the person writing.

Thanks for being so responsive though, really appreciate your efforts in organising this man!

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Yeah because right now I’m not entirely sure if this is a villain popularity contest, or if it’s a writing contest in which people are supposed to be judged on the strength of their promotion for said villain.
Hmm, well I believe it should be a mix of it. Like for instance, one should read all of it even if one knows the villain beforehand, and then compare all of it. At least that's how I do it.

If it’s the former, it could disincentivise people from choosing lesser known villains or series that might not have as big a following as the big 3 shonen. Riboku from Kingdom for example is a great antagonist but Kingdom being Seinen inherently has a smaller audience than say Bleach. So if you put Riboku up against Aizen, even if the person choosing Riboku wrote an A+ essay and the person choosing Aizen wrote like 5 sentences, Riboku would struggle to get votes simply because less people know who he is. And that’s kind of unfair to the person writing.
Yeah that's what I feared. The reason why I asked for a synopsis is to give some lesser known characters a chance as well so that it isn't a straight up popularity contest. That way one can choose any entry and still have a solid chance. Of course under the assumption that everyone operates this way lol.

Thanks for being so responsive though, really appreciate your efforts in organising this man!
No worries. Thanks. I am just trying to provide some entertainment for us.

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
Just seeing this message. I watched more than half of the first season of Jojo's, so I'm not completely unfamiliar with Dio. I actually liked him as a villain.

I'm not sure where exactly I stopped (it was years ago), but I think Hamon(?) was a thing where I stopped.

Also Dio(?) was a mask or something?

I just think Makima is a much better villain than him in nearly all aspects.
"I don't know anything about dio, but I think Makima is much better"

Translated it for you

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
The winners are the same as shown in the poll even after subtracting the votes that did not count. Nothing changed.

People whose votes didn't count in this round if you wanna double check me:
- Constantine- voted 6 times, but skipped the first fight and voted for both options in the second fight.
- ZenZu- voted only 4 times.
- Hakuba-Enel- voted for only one option.
- Prince-Kun- voted for only one option.
- Bounty- voted only 4 times.
- Sallucion- voted only 3 times.
- Blackbeard- voted for only one option.
- DynaMight- voted for only one option.
- Don DaSlayer- voted for only one option.