Theory Luffy's Gear 5th : Nerves

Hey Guys
So i was wondering what you guys think about what Luffy's Gear 5th will be.
Gear 2nd : Blood vessels.
Gear 3rd : Bones.
Gear 4th : Muscles.
So the next and only logical step will be nerves right ? ( I mean what else can give luffy such a power up except nerves ? )
Does this mean he will become like Killua from HxH like enhanced speed and reflexes ? (I guess you can say strength too )
Luffy already used lightning attacks in Movie 10 against shiki ( another Rocks member ) ، against don chinjao and Katakuri.
So a lightning gear is befitting for luffy since he is rubber he can withstand such electricity in his body and not dying as for how he will enhance his nerves that i don't know maybe through awakening or maybe he doesn't need it since he already used lightning he might just need to electrify himself with lightning so his nerves gets enhanced in some sort of shonen logic way.
What do you guys think ?

He didn't even Perfect his Gear 4 so don't think there will be Gear 5
All that Luffy needs now are:
  • Perfect Gear 4 (Remove Time Limit)
  • Master Advanced CoC
  • Learn Awakening
  • Improve his Physical Stats & Haki (This happens Automatically with Time & Fights)
  • Become more Reserved & Less Careless (This could wait until Mature Luffy)
So imo doing First Four will allow Luffy to become Pirate King & Win Final War
Fifth One is for Epilogue Prime Luffy just to showcase how he Matured (Assuming He doesn't Die & there is Final Timeskip)

G4 boundman already allows Luffy to overpower Kaido in brute strength, Oda still feels the need to nerf it with time limit so he doesn't end the arc immediately.
The limits of barrier ryuo enhanced tankman's defense are unfathomable.

• Master Advanced CoC
  • Learn Awakening
  • Improve his Physical Stats & Haki (This happens Automatically with Time & Fights)
Fifth One is for Epilogue Prime Luffy just to showcase how he Matured (Assuming He doesn't Die & there is Final Timeskip)
Well there is only on arc left for the story so it's safe to assume he will get his fifth gear this arc and he will get his last one ( Gear Reverse ) in the next one ( the final arc ).
1- As for perfecting Gear 4th i don't see any problem with it except the time limit and that's because he uses haki to keep the air in his muscles from leaking that's why he loses his haki i think if he wants to perfect something like this he is gonna need awakening so he won't need any haki to keep it together.
2- Mastering Advanced CoC : he can master it this arc while having Gear 5th i don't see any problem with that.
3- We are still at act 3 so maybe he will learn Awakening then Gear 5th ( It could be that he uses awakening to use Gear 5th like he uses haki to use Gear 4th )
4+5- Like i said we are at the arc before the finale one so i think he improved enough.
Post automatically merged:

G4 boundman already allows Luffy to overpower Kaido in brute strength, Oda still feels the need to nerf it with time limit so he doesn't end the arc immediately.
it's not enough to beat Kaido as we all witnessed besides Luffy will have 6 Gears so he's got to have Gear 5th this arc and he really needs it because the next arc is the final one.

I am fairly sure there wont be such a thing as G5 unless he calls his Awakening a G5...
He may uses awakening to activate Gear 5th like he uses haki to activate Gear 4th.

Last edited:
That's actually a really fun idea! This is very possible but i don't recall luffy ever using lightning attacks? He can attack very fast but he hasn't ever used literal lighting to fight i think.

• Master Advanced CoC
  • Learn Awakening
I don't think G4 will ever be perfect. Luffy didn't perfect G2 before using G3 so there is no logical by that. He mastering Adv Armament and still having limit in G4 should be very clear that will always have this drawback since the "nature" of this gear, haki is finite so he can only make it last longer.
He already master Adv CoC, everybody saw that bullshit of him going toe to toe with Kaido.
Awakening is no much relevant for me. So far we could expect that WB didn't have awakening for example.
His physical stats and haki should be at barely maximum right now. Look tha asspulling 1v1 with Kaido.
Luffy will never be more reserved and less careless. Oda throw any attempt of character development towards Luffy into the trash.

I'm just looking at the similarities they have have bound man look like that gorilla so I'm just assuming that wear luffy got his ideas from all the animals
You are right, I'm just trying to pull a debate here. Why Gorilla Form is called Bounce Man but Snake Form is called Snakeman?
Also, would be Tankman an Elephanth Form or just Joke Form that shouldn't never being used to truly defeat an enemy?

You are right, I'm just trying to pull a debate here. Why Gorilla Form is called Bounce Man but Snake Form is called Snakeman?
Also, would be Tankman an Elephanth Form or just Joke Form that shouldn't never being used to truly defeat an enemy?
yahno I'm not sure maybe luffy has his reason for naming them & tankman does look like a elephant but I don't see him using tankman again unless it's an enemy made of food lol

• Master Advanced CoC
  • Learn Awakening
i think gear 5 will be the time limit removal. gear 4 feels like its always going to be luffy's highest damage form because its all about maxing out haki full blast constantly. my prediction is that it will Gear 5: Overdrive, and while 5th Gear won't be his absolute strongest single hit KO king kong gun form, it will be a form that lets Luffy, a guy who has always had problems going full power and tiring himself out, fight endlessly for multiple days without slowing down or getting tired.

like this thing with rayleigh i always saw as a joke. he says you need a different method, this takes too big a toll on your body. and instead of that luffy goes "alright well what if i take an EVEN BIGGER toll on my body and do an EVEN BIGGER punch" because hes a moron. eventually (like with a guy like kaido maybe) hes going to need a method that lets him keep fighting without ever stopping. and this is how it is in cars too. each gear gets faster+more powerful until 5th gear, which is actually not the fastest gear, but the most fuel efficient gear at high speeds. like you're going 100+mph in 4th gear but you can go 85 in 5th until your tank runs out and not wear your car as much as the sprint at the redline

yeah oda has been clear to establish gear 4 is actually a fucking monster if luffy manages to hit you. his damage is out of control strong. what were the numbers on that katakuri fight? like kata hit him over 100 times and luffy hit him 12 times and won

That's actually a really fun idea! This is very possible but i don't recall luffy ever using lightning attacks? He can attack very fast but he hasn't ever used literal lighting to fight i think.
he has twice actually, the Thor attacks vs Don Chinjao and Katakuri

this is regular ass yellow colored lightning in the official manga colors

Last edited: