Is Pan D. A Man Moe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the above is true, but I'm not convinced by it.

Like I believe Yamato is considerably stronger than Sanji right now and would be considerably stronger than EOS Sanji.

If you want to dissuade me of the above belief, you need to argue against it.

You can't argue: "Yamato will join the crew therefore she'll remain under Sanji". If Yamato's feats and portrayal are better than Zoro/Luffy, I will place her above them. "But captain!, but Monster Trio!" would not persuade me otherwise.

That is how little credibility I grant to those kinds of arguments.

Fandom perceptions of crew dynamics are just not how I evaluate combat ability.

There are points in the past where I have placed Zoro above Luffy. Most recently:
  • Post timeskip up until WCI
  • In Act 3 up until Chapter 1010

Like you need to understand that "M3 power hierarchy" is something that I've never believed in during my 6 - 8 years of reading One Piece (as evidenced by the times I placed Zoro above Luffy). It just isn't something I believe in.

I place Sanji above Jimbe because Jimbe is struggling with Who's Who, whereas I expect Sanji to solo Queen.

I do not place Sanji above Jimbe because "M3 power hierarchy".

If Yamato joins the crew, Sanji will have to unequivocally demonstrate that he's above Yamato for me to accept it.

"M3 power hierarchy" is just an argument I never believed in.

I could explain why Yamato is very different for them. I could explain the many caveats to the above examples. I could explain why it's not analogous to Yamato, but like I shouldn't.

Explaining all of that wouldn't actually do anything. This is just not an argument I believe in. So like debating: "is Yamato truly analogous to Jimbe" serves no purpose.

Convincing me that Yamato is analogous to Jimbe wouldn't suddenly convince me of the "M3 power hierarchy" argument.
And I think that if I convinced you that Yamato is not analogous to any of your examples, it wouldn't dissuade you from this argument.

As I understand you, you believe that Sanji will be above Yamato because Sanji will always remain the 3rd strongest, so whether Yamato is an analogue to previous examples or not doesn't matter.

Honestly, this is very frustrating to debate.

I want to discuss the characters themselves.

Let me discuss Yamato's standing:
  • Ace said she was too strong to not be the captain.
  • She is a very likely conqueror (like Ace).
    • She may be able to enhance her attacks with Haoshoku.
    • This is an ability that "only a handful of the very strongest" possess.
  • She is the only child of a Top Tier (like Ace).
  • Her father has very high ambitions for her (again like Ace).
    • Kaido wants to make Yamato Shogun.
    • Whitebeard wants to make Ace Pirate King.
  • She stalemated Ace when they fought.
    • Damn, Oda is really driving home the parallels of Yamato as an Ace analogue.
  • She was trained by her father to be a mighty warrior.
    • Kaido taught her his techniques.
    • Kaido only respects strength.

Or Yamato's feats:
  • Oneshot a Tobi Roppo
    • Something that Linlin used a high tier technique to achieve
  • Oneshot a Number
    • Something that Luffy needed G4 to achieve
  • "Won" against G2/G3 Luffy
    • This was while not fighting back at all

It's fucking frustrating that your response to the above is: "lol, no. M3 power hierarchy".

That's not a conversation at all.
I mean, you can not like it, but at the end of the day it really is that simple.

In spite of many attempts to argue against this, no addition to the crew has changed the dynamics of the M3 in a thousand chapters of One Piece, and as we are heading into the final stage of this story.

We've been through the East Blue, First Half of the Grand Line, and now we're all the way deep into the New World, fighting a Yonko in an all out war with a Shichibukai joining the SH's, and nothing has changed.

We have the 100th Volume Cover preview out

And for this once of a time event Oda's choice is to focus on the M3 and bring them front and center.

This is not going to suddenly be dropped because of how we might feel about "power levels" at one point in time. That's something Oda adjusts as he pleases and molds to match his intended narrative and long term portrayal, not the other way around.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
This thread went from ppl talking about Panda D. Man's secret identity, to people theorizing about Amparezy's new account lmao

I mean, you can not like it, but at the end of the day it really is that simple.

In spite of many attempts to argue against this, no addition to the crew has changed the dynamics of the M3 in a thousand chapters of One Piece, and as we are heading into the final stage of this story.

We've been through the East Blue, First Hald of the Grand Line, and now we're all the way deep into the New World, fighting a Yonko in an all out war with a Shichibukai joining the SH's, and nothing has changed.

We have the 100th Volume Cover preview out

And for this once of a time event Oda's choice is to focus on the M3 and bring them front and center.

This is not going to suddenly be dropped because of how we might feel about "power levels" at one point in time. That's something Oda adjusts as he pleases and molds to match his intended narrative and long term portrayal, not the other way around.
A clear example to this was the major power level shift the SHs underwent from Water Seven to Enies Lobby. There was no time to prepare them longer, so it felt like they had magically turned much more potent in the span of a few dozens chapters despite the Water Seven treatment. Well at least it kinda made more sense for Luffy, since he managed to develop his Gears.

Status
Not open for further replies.