Is Pan D. A Man Moe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the scabbards have shown advanced armament capable of bypassing his scales same as Luffy just shallower. The thing to complain about it Kin eating that attack lol, not scratching Kaido.
no, how can a half dead, bloodied on the floor kinemon casually stabs him like that? it doesnt make sense lol

i dont even need to question how kin survived THAT blow, everybody knows it is ridiculous as hell:gokulaugh:

no, how can a half dead, bloodied on the floor kinemon casually stabs him like that? it doesnt make sense lol

i dont even need to question how kin survived THAT blow, everybody knows it is ridiculous as hell:gokulaugh:
Characters are at their strongest at low HP, see Luffy vs Lucci, WB vs Akainu and Zoro scarring Kaido.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I've read the full spoiler, my thoughts below.

On Zoro
Given the details of the full spoiler, Zoro is probably going to fight King after he recovers. I don't know if Zoro will recover to full health, but it sounds like he will recover in a major fashion.

I'd expected Zoro to face King while injured, so I'll take my L.

If King is to be Zoro's main 1 vs 1, then I'm guessing that King defeats Marco and reveals himself to be stronger than him. Or perhaps Oda will find some other way to hype him up.

Regardless, I'll probably tentatively downgrade Zoro on my tier list if a recovered Zoro is to have a difficult fight with King (this is looking likely at this point).

if King defeats Marco at high difficulty or above, he's probably the strongest High Tier.

In expectation, I would guess that King > (?) Marco > Katakuri.

@Sentinel. Katakuri appears to be the weakest YC 1. I guess that he had the lowest bounty should have hinted at that.

At any rate, Zoro vs King will help us have a better idea on how Zoro compares to High Tiers in 1 vs 1 combat.

Unless King shows that he's capable of Haoshoku enhanced attacks, I'll not entertain the notion that he's above High Tier. Conversely, if he shows Haoshoku enhanced attacks, I'll place him at the lower end of Top Tier. This is because Haoshoku enhancement an ability that Kaido said only a "handful of the very strongest" can use:

I'm convinced that everyone that can clad themselves in Haoshoku is a Top Tier.

Bass Luffy went from lasting 2 seconds against Hybrid Kaido to stalemating him for 20 minutes due to Haoshoku enhanced attacks. It is that big a power up.

I did say I think a healthy Zoro mid diffs King, and that's looking unlikely given the narrative currently.

TL; Dr: tentative changes to my powerscaling:
  • Downgrading Zoro
  • Extent of downgrade depends on:
    • How recovered Zoro is when (if?) he faces King?
    • What difficulty does King push him to?
      • Does he use Asura?
      • Does he need to surpass himself a la Daz Bones?
  • Upgrading King. Extent of upgrade depends on:
    • Does King defeat Marco? If so, at what difficulty?
    • Can King clad his attacks in Haoshoku?

I don't plan to "wank" King. If a fully recovered Zoro is taken to high difficulty by him, I'll simply accept that I overrated Zoro (well I already believe that I overrated Zoro since I didn't expect King to face a recovered Zoro).

@Topi Jerami, @TheAncientCenturion, @ZenZu.

Oh, and Yamato > King.

I have been waiting for Zoro to show some indication that he was dissatisfied with his performance on the Rooftop or that he wants to face Kaido again, to feel confident endorsing Zoro having a second confrontation with Kaido. If a battle with King begins without him showing either, then he'll probably not fight Kaido again.

At this point, I am starting to believe that I was simply wrong and that Zoro may be done with Kaido. But I'll wait to see Zoro's thoughts when he recovers, before I endorse the position that Zoro will not fight Kaido again.

(ZKK is something else. It'll remain an option until I stop believing that Kaido must die).

Revised expectations for Zoro:
  • Zoro is at the bottom of the top tiers/an in-betweener
    • Moderate confidence but depends on the outcome of Zoro vs King.
    • I'll remove my downgrade if Zoro simply never fights King.
  • Zoro doesn't fight Kaido again.
    • Low confidence, but I think it's more likely than not.
    • I'll change my mind if:
      • Zoro indicates dissatisfaction with his performance on the Rooftop.
      • Zoro states that he wants to fight Kaido again.

@Paperchampion23: here's me changing my mind when things didn't play out as I initially expected (despite writing multiple thousand words essays that argued for those initial expectations). We should always update on new information.

On Yamato
I'm really interested in seeing Yamato's reaction to hearing that Luffy survived.

I'm somewhat disappointed that Yamato only appears to make her declaration. I was hoping that she'd intercept an attack of Kaido's. Oh well, you can't have everything.

I'm mostly excited for next week. The week after that is a break week, so the chapter may end in a cliffhanger. I'm hoping that it's a Yamato cliffhanger. The most likely choice is DF reveal (perhaps the chapter ends with her silhouetted or we see her eyes change to slits, or maybe get a hint of her teeth profile):

Maybe it's because I'm greedy, but I want Yamato vs Kaido to go on for a while. I'd love to see how her prowess with a Kanabo and stats match up to Kaido's.

I'm hoping for a Yamato Haoshoku reveal before she shows her Devil Fruit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.