Fanclub The V̶i̶n̶s̶m̶o̶k̶e̶ Sanji FC: The Prince of love

Bird or Worm?

• Total voters

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Well, I want pirates to be cool prates. We all have the right to like whatever we want, right?
I see by your signature you are yourself a Sanji fave, no?
I'm really not trying to shit at the character in the goddamn thread for that character, I just want to understand

Is Sanji your favorite because he just is or is there something about him I just didn't see in over 10 reruns of One Piece?
Btw, not judging or anything, but Zoro is, as an archetype, boring as fuck.

“The only thing worth writing about is the human heart in conflict with itself”

― William Faulkner
And I agree with it.
Sanji has interesting inner conflicts and Zoro has none.
Boring. Predictable. One dimensional.
You like it? Good for you. :kayneshrug:

:lawsigh::lawsigh::lawsigh:
SaNjI wOrSt PiRaTe
Another bait post by new-user in SanjiFanClub thread
:whitepress:
Well as far as being a PIRATE go, the only strawhat worth her salt is Nami
Luffy himself claims he wants to e Pirate King. Rayleigh offered to spill the beans about the how-to and Luffy freaked out at him and Usopp, telling he didn't want to know anything because he wouldn't want to spoil the adventure. That's not being a pirate, that's being an imature kid that wants to have a cool adventure and nothing else

I like Sanji as a character, but if we talk about being a pirate, yes, Sanji is probaby one if not the worst pirate of all time. His day to day is hanging out cooking. He is an AMAZING cook, not a pirate

It's the same thing as saying Luffy is the worst sowrdsman ever. Luffy is not a sowrdsman, right? The problem is, even if Saji is bad at it, indeed he IS a pirate, what's the harm of ponting that out?

Also, people liking Sanji is fine, it doesn't trigger me at all
I love One Piece for the world, I want to know where the hell the DF comes from and what the mysteries are, Joy Boy, Im, Void Century, the Straw Hat, etc

My favorite, the one who protected his son, conquered One Piece as the strongest man alive, had women in his life, enjoyed his friends and kicks lot of ass died episode one. IMHO, Bleackbeard deserves to be PK nowadays, thats a pirate for yu. But probably will never happen

So my faverotie died romance dawn and the other one will never ammount to anything because it's not his manga. Same thing as being a Vegeta fan or worse. Liking Sanji is fine in my books

The question would be WHY, WHY though?

Oda has thousands of character all and all. Hundred of cool ones. Dozens of cool, relevant and amazing ones that are part of the plot.
It baffles me, how in everything we have, can SANJI be the favorite of all people?

Doggo

Luffy himself claims he wants to e Pirate King. Rayleigh offered to spill the beans about the how-to and Luffy freaked out at him and Usopp, telling he didn't want to know anything because he wouldn't want to spoil the adventure. That's not being a pirate, that's being an imature kid that wants to have a cool adventure and nothing else

I like Sanji as a character, but if we talk about being a pirate, yes, Sanji is probaby one if not the worst pirate of all time. His day to day is hanging out cooking. He is an AMAZING cook, not a pirate

It's the same thing as saying Luffy is the worst sowrdsman ever. Luffy is not a sowrdsman, right? The problem is, even if Saji is bad at it, indeed he IS a pirate, what's the harm of ponting that out?

I love One Piece for the world, I want to know where the hell the DF comes from and what the mysteries are, Joy Boy, Im, Void Century, the Straw Hat, etc

My favorite, the one who protected his son, conquered One Piece as the strongest man alive, had women in his life, enjoyed his friends and kicks lot of ass died episode one. IMHO, Bleackbeard deserves to be PK nowadays, thats a pirate for yu. But probably will never happen

So my faverotie died romance dawn and the other one will never ammount to anything because it's not his manga. Same thing as being a Vegeta fan or worse. Liking Sanji is fine in my books

Oda has thousands of character all and all. Hundred of cool ones. Dozens of cool, relevant and amazing ones that are part of the plot.
It baffles me, how in everything we have, can SANJI be the favorite of all people?
There are multiple "childish" views of being a pirate. And some of them are legit better than what Oda portrays.
Just think of One Piece as some people that like traveling around. Since they live in islands, they use ships for it.
Being a cook doesn't disqualify a pirate. Pirate ships needed someone able to handle the provisions. In the end, they all could pillage, loot, steal, kill, fight, etc, etc, etc, but inside the ship they had jobs. Something that, once again, makes Zoro useless.
"Combatant" is the most generic and useless "job" inside a ship. And Oda didn't even bother making him an official First Mate, or something like that. Ocasionally acting like a voice of reason is not the same.
Nami is a navigator, which helps them get to places.
Franky is responsible for fixing the ship and keeping it in perfect condition for usage.
Usopp handles the artillery.
Chopper is a doctor that takes care of the crew's health.
Sanji is a cook that handle provisions and make sure they eat well and not run out of supplies (which also takes care of their health).
Jinbei is a helmsman, capable of handling the maneuverability of the ship and actually keeping up with Nami's directions.
Zoro, Robin and Brook? Useless or utility jobs that aren't actually required to make a ship function.

Last edited:
Btw, not judging or anything, but Zoro is, as an archetype, boring as fuck.

“The only thing worth writing about is the human heart in conflict with itself”

― William Faulkner
And I agree with it.
Sanji has interesting inner conflicts and Zoro has none.
Boring. Predictable. One dimensional.
You like it? Good for you. :kayneshrug:
Neither one of the straw hats are one dimensional. Not a single one.
Boring and predictable? I am at a SANJI thread, sure, I'll give it to you. One dimensional is not possible though
Zoro is not my favorite either
But he does have a lot going for him. 100% loyal to his Captain even though Luffy is a childish piece of shit
He keeps the will of his dead friend alive
He doesn't back off from certain death and never has every since chapter 1
Strong character, awesome and difficult dream to achieve, etc

Sanji fighting Luffy in WCI was justifyable but oro would never pull that shit. Zoro wouldn't give a fuck about his family or the implications. So his loyalty is greater than Sanji's

Also, Oda never crapped all over him with shnenigans like nosebleeds

Zoro has a huge fandom and frankly the whole GRANDMASTER thing is cringy, but he is a more defensable character for A FAVORITE than Sanji, no?
Post automatically merged:

There are multiple "childish" views of being a pirate. And some of them are legit better than what Oda portrays.
Just think of One Piece as some people that like traveling around. Since they live in islands, they use ships for it.
If we assume that it becomes just plain bad writting
How can the dude become king of the pirates if he is not a pirate?
Either Luffy is a pirate, and a shitty of at that, ot he is not a pirate and he will become the PIRATE KING anyway
I digress, this is not a Luffy thread, but I do hope BB gets there first and murders 1-2 strawhats along the way for drama and stakes before Luffy takes One Piece from him
But IDK, probably BB peaked killing WB and becoming a Yonko offscreen

Because Oda himself said it, he loves to create imperfect characters because they're cool xDxD

Zoro in fact is just cool, nothing imperfect on his personality to be nearly interested xD
Sanji moves the plot and creates situations because of the way he is, while Zoro says "Santoryu" and has to be plotmoved to do something relevant xD

Because Oda himself said it, he loves to create imperfect characters because they're cool xDxD

Zoro in fact is just cool, nothing imperfect on his personality to be nearly interested xD
Sanji moves the plot and creates situations because of the way he is, while Zoro says "Santoryu" and has to be plotmoved to do something relevant xD
That right there is actually a very good point
With this, from a drama and story telling point of view, Sanji is funnier and more interesting... OK
But there are also lots and lots or Zoro vs Sanji pissing contests. It can go both ways
If Zoro is boring because he made to be too impect and just overcooked in cool juice with his swords shnenigans, we can't argue that Sanji would be even cooler, because then he would be even more boring, no?

Doggo

Boring and predictable? I am at a SANJI thread, sure, I'll give it to you. One dimensional is not possible though
But he does have a lot going for him. 100% loyal to his Captain even though Luffy is a childish piece of shit

Sanji fighting Luffy in WCI was justifyable but oro would never pull that shit. Zoro wouldn't give a fuck about his family or the implications. So his loyalty is greater than Sanji's

Zoro has a huge fandom and frankly the whole GRANDMASTER thing is cringy, but he is a more defensable character for A FAVORITE than Sanji, no?

Either Luffy is a pirate, and a shitty of at that, ot he is not a pirate and he will become the PIRATE KING anyway
I digress, this is not a Luffy thread, but I do hope BB gets there first and murders 1-2 strawhats along the way for drama and stakes before Luffy takes One Piece from him
Zoro is the stoic ass strong dude with the "i wanna be the very best like no one ever was" kind of dream.
It's simple, and, in its simplistic nature, I still think Zoro is a very good character, but it's just too...bland.

That right there is actually a very good point
With this, from a drama and story telling point of view, Sanji is funnier and more interesting... OK
But there are also lots and lots or Zoro vs Sanji pissing contests. It can go both ways
If Zoro is boring because he made to be too impect and just overcooked in cool juice with his swords shnenigans, we can't argue that Sanji would be even cooler, because then he would be even more boring, no?
No LuL, having more cool moments doesn't mean to be worst XD
Zoro is forced to look cool doesn't matter what he does...He faints after looking soo great, he uses his strongest attack after looking bad and almost defeated...Why? Because is the only way for the character to have his moments, but there's a point where you start to not care about the character xDxD
Mine was in Dressrosa xD

RayanOO

Lazy is the way

We are running circles.

Yes some people have Zoro as their favs and even other have Chopper as their favs. Lots of people lots of different tastes.

You likely prefer Zoro to Sanji and it’s not a problem at all.

And I like BB too.

But we are killing Sanji for a lot of reasons that you can disagree with but they are there :
- best fighting style
- his overall style with suit, tie, outfits, way of moving, his badass lines etc
- his connections and interactions with other crew members : he is one of the character who interacts the more with others.
- a lot of his pre skip jokes : the women thing can be fun when it’s not overdone (like post skip), his fun interaction with Luffy and the kitchen, wanting to eat Chopper, bickering with Zoro, his banter and when Oda troll him like with the bounty poster or Duval plot etc.
- his smart side : the guy had great thinking and plot moments : EL gates, Alabasta etc
- the moments where he takes care of the crew either leading them or pretexting them : Sanji is often there to protect the crew last moment, and sometimes leads small parts of it.
- His flashback and cooking side is great and original, and the whole philosophy behind it is nice.

And as @Doggo pointed out, often I feel that Sanji is the most human of the bunch. With flaws, with problems, with conflicts, in his reactions etc.
I can feel something out of Sanji moments.

Zoro had great moments pré skip and I could feel him too sometimes, in his smiles, reactions, actions etc. But this whole post skip bushido badass swordsman shit is beyond me.
Same with Luffy who is now full « epic face » « epic lines » « epic resolve » etc.

Those character were a lot more casual and normal pre skip and it was way way better.

When you have the SH as protagonist and future best crew ever who succeed everything we know that the full « real life and ruthless pirate » is not the kind of story Oda wants to tell.

I'm too lazy so I'm just gonna do it here.

Sorry for tagging y'all again but I have to do it. Forgive your General T_T

"Sanji Defense Squad"

Warchief - @Zoro D Goat
Right hand man - @BangMi
Left hand man - @NotTommy
Advisor - @Hahasanji

1st Commander - @Doggo
2nd Commander - @Arrow
3rd Commander - @Yasheen
4th Commander - @BleakAsh
5th Commander - @Vinsmoke D. Zolo
6th Commander - @Hedfi
7th Commander - @Lukegranders
8th Commander - @SDfear
9th Commander - @Shepherd @Big D. Kaios
10th Commander - @LordVinsmoke
11th Commander - @Screws Loose242
12th Commander - @Ishin
13th Commander - @Raiden7
14th Commander - @Courier
15th Commander - @YASER

And our new recruited member is @Screws Loose242
Give him a warm welcome ^^

Y'all only have one task. Defend Sanji, other than that, feel free to do stuff that you liked.:goyea:

That's all from your boss, Goat.

Last edited:
I'm too lazy so I'm just gonna do it here.

Sorry for tagging y'all again but I have to do it. Forgive your General T_T

"Sanji Defense Squad"

Warchief - @Zoro D Goat
Right hand man - @BangMi
Left hand man - @NotTommy

1st Commander - @Doggo
2nd Commander - @Arrow
3rd Commander - @Yasheen
4th Commander - @BleakAsh
5th Commander - @Vinsmoke D. Zolo
6th Commander - @Hedfi
7th Commander - @Lukegranders
8th Commander - @SDfear
9th Commander - @Shepherd
10th Commander - @LordVinsmoke
11th Commander - @Screws Loose242

And our new recruited member is @Screws Loose242
Give him a warm welcome ^^

Y'all only have one task. Defend Sanji, other than that, feel free to do stuff that you liked.:goyea:

That's all from your boss, Goat.
I Was defending him since day one I wont stop now :cheers: