Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
All Yamato has to do is say she knows where the last RP is, and if it’s a crazy island where danger is likely rather than possible, Luffy will still want to go there. Beyond that, and I can’t believe I have to keep bringing this up, he NEEDS to find that red rock before he can even think about going to Laugh Tale. Someone needs to be brave enough to record a video of themselves looking me right in the eye so they can say they honestly believe that the main character will reject the one - the ONLY - person who can help him out. He’s gotten 90 percent of the way on his own, and the author clearly wants Yamato to be the missing 10 percent.

All Yamato has to do is say she knows where the last RP is, and if it’s a crazy island where danger is likely rather than possible, Luffy will still want to go there. Beyond that, and I can’t believe I have to keep bringing this up, he NEEDS to find that red rock before he can even think about going to Laugh Tale. Someone needs to be brave enough to record a video of themselves looking me right in the eye so they can say they honestly believe that the main character will reject the one - the ONLY - person who can help him out. He’s gotten 90 percent of the way on his own, and the author clearly wants Yamato to be the missing 10 percent.
You know what's wrong about this?
This wouldn't feel as an adventure, instead of it, it would feel as a race to be the Pirate King, and One Piece isn't about being the fastest.
Luffy would discover by his own where the other is rather than going with the specific route of the Phoneglif just to get the RP and reach Laugh Tale...

Luffy is going to reach LodeStar, if Yamato says where the last RP is, why would Luffy do that?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
You know what's wrong about this?
This wouldn't feel as an adventure, instead of it, it would feel as a race to be the Pirate King, and One Piece isn't about being the fastest.
Luffy would discover by his own where the other is rather than going with the specific route of the Phoneglif just to get the RP and reach Laugh Tale...

Luffy is going to reach LodeStar, if Yamato says where the last RP is, why would Luffy do that?
Dude…it IS a race to get there, that’s the entire point of Wano specifically and the second half of the series in general. Why do you think Kaido’s been talking so much about Joy Boy and Laugh Tale and saying shit like “Whoever wins this battle will be in pole position to become Pirate King”?? The author is coming to the end of the story, you’ve got to stop thinking like we have a ton of time for everything to breath. Again, how would Luffy just randomly stumble upon the last RP? How long do you think that’ll take after he topples two Yonko and everyone in the world starts aiming for his head instead of theirs? What possible reason would he have to wait on this shit until reaching Lodestar? That’s where he would have merely learned about RPs, which is pointless because he and his crew already FOUND three of the four.

instead of it, it would feel as a race to be the Pirate King, and One Piece isn't about being the fastest.
Completely separate from Yamato for Nakama, I do see that we are now in a direct race for the One Piece. Especially between Luffy & Backbeard. In fact the race between Luffy & Blackbeard is likely to be the next major “saga” in the story.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
So, let me just round up all this shit and y’all tell me if it makes sense.

Totally acceptable:
  • Receiving a gift and trust as a child from a former member of the Pirate King’s crew and one of the four most notorious pirates in the world on his own accord
  • Somehow managing to find the perfect person (a carpenter, a doctor, a chef) everywhere he goes to fill a role he didn’t know he needed on his ship
  • Also managing to find people with special skills AND immense fighting strength/unpredictable powers/perfect wit and cunning in those places
  • Surviving hormone treatments from the only person who could reasonably administrate them after being poisoned to the brink of death
  • Being the descendant of a world-famous grandfather and a highly dangerous criminal father, both of whom are implied to be among the most powerful people alive
  • Studying under the tutelage of *another* member of the former Pirate King’s crew and contender for the title of “strongest dude who isn’t dead”
  • Jumping into a full-out war and being rescued from certain demise by a variety of allies and former enemies
  • Just generally living through situations that should have ended him and his friends thanks to the intervention of one or more (often the latter) individuals who came to his rescue and ushered him along on his journey in a way that they didn’t do for ANY of his peers
Not acceptable under any circumstances:
  • Yamato doing the same thing for Luffy that everyone else he’s ever met has done for him
All I’m saying is this - if you’re worried that Yamato’s inclusion in the crew would be a hat on a hat in terms of lucky breaks for Luffy, you should have spoken up about eight fedoras and beanies ago.

Luffy already took a giant shortcut when Inu and Neko told him what Road Poneglyphs are, meaning he doesn’t need to go to Lodestar. Plus telling him where 3/4 could be found.

Think some common sense needs to be used, obviously the book has important info in it, but not to the extent that it reveals everything about Laugh Tale, the Void Century and the Will of D. Because there’s no reason for Oda to introduce something like that.

It’ll probably reveal a chunk of the Wano history plot in the same way the end of Fishman Island revealed a chunk of the FI/Noah/Poseidon plot.

It’s also not likely to have the final Road Poneglyph location since as far as Oden knew it was on Fishman Island.

Think some common sense needs to be used, obviously the book has important info in it, but not to the extent that it reveals everything about Laugh Tale, the Void Century and the Will of D. Because there’s no reason for Oda to introduce something like that.
Again, you are all certain that a journal of a guy who has been on Laugh Tale should not contain details about Laugh Tale.
What if it does?

You won't even mind to change the idiosyncrasy of the story if it has to be because of a Nakama xDxD
One Piece is about the adventure, not about a Race to be the first, Luffy has to go to LodeStar before reach Laugh Tale, has to go to Elbaf, and most likely one more island (Kurohigue Island)...
But you're saying OP now is about a Race...That isn't how OP is, if Yamato has delicate info, won't be Nakama, because it will break this adventure feeling.

You're telling me you prefer to learn about Wano because of a diary, rather than learn it from Robin, and that's just painful xDxD
The Wano Phoneglif won't contain the full story of Wano, because there's a RIO PHONEGLIF, if there's part of that history on the Diary, Yamato is out, like it or not.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Again, you are all certain that a journal of a guy who has been on Laugh Tale should not contain details about Laugh Tale.
What if it does?
Better question - what details do YOU think could convince Luffy not to go there? This is the one place where he can achieve the dream he’s had for most of his life, so do you really think he would be dissuaded because someone on his ship read a description of the place? Or that Yamato would blurt it all out for him against his wishes?

Better question - what details do YOU think could convince Luffy not to go there? This is the one place where he can achieve the dream he’s had for most of his life, so do you really think he would be dissuaded because someone on his ship read a description of the place? Or that Yamato would blurt it all out for him against his wishes?
You literally want a guy that knows more than Robin on the crew ... but ofc Yamato won't know that much...I hope at least.
I do really want Carrot+Yamato joining, but the diary is a heavy handicap...
The SH care can not have an Oden, because they have no reason to have one.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
You literally want a guy that knows more than Robin on the crew ... but ofc Yamato won't know that much...I hope at least.
I do really want Carrot+Yamato joining, but the diary is a heavy handicap...
The SH care can not have an Oden, because they have no reason to have one.
Doesn’t answer a single question I asked, not sure why you had to quote me for this. I’ve explained why I disagree about the diary in great detail already, no need to remind me where you stand. As far as the Oden stuff, if you don’t see how this is just one of many parallels the author has drawn between Roger’s crew and Luffy’s, I don’t know what to tell you.

Luffy didn't even wanted to know if the OP was real or not, that Diary goes against Luffy.
That's not really hard to understand... Luffy refused a Grand Line Diary that Zeff offered him, but y'all want him to have someone that has read a diary that contains "Very important Things"... OK

And btw, the diary has info about Joy Boy and the Kozuki that we haven't seen yet, the flashback was just a resume.If it were complete, we would have seen Luffy's real dream/will.
Again if you read the scene and looked at the wording used by Oden, it sounds like he doesent mentiin what any of that is, it sounds like he just mentions that he knows that. Like "i visited Granada last month on my way to Morocco, i saw the Alhambra and learned about the people that built it. They adont live anymore, a different civilization succeeded them". So what can you gather from this statement, you know something but still not enough. Its not revealing any details you need to understand what happened in the past there. The little we have seen Oden write the journal on panel is exactly like that.

Robin knows very important things as well. Pluton, Poseidon, possibly Uranus in Wano, only thing she doesnt know is Void century (has a clue about it since Ohara) and the Ds. And Luffy met her in Alabasta, not one island before Raftel. Still its not a problem for him or for the story. WE would have seen Luffys dream, it doesent indicate Oden wrote it down

Status
Not open for further replies.