One Piece Episode 978 - The Worst Generation Charges in! The Battle of the Stormy Sea

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 46 70.8%
  • 4/5

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • 3/5

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • 2/5

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • 1/5

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • 0/5

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Love these sick animated graphics for the crews. Wish they slapped some titles and numbers on them so I know how big Kid's crew is:catcry:
  • That movie flashback with the crew that was abruptly cut away because it was entirely pointless got me. Hilarious.
  • This drama because some Gifters couldn't stick around for a minute to double check their work.:giogio:
  • Pulling out the sakuga to show Kanjuro's glowing eyes and the Butterfly Gifter licking her weapon. :myman:Priorities.

• Usopp with the Green Star, Franky with the cannons (that didn't hit anyone), Nami with Zeus, Robin with Gigantesco Mano, Sanji with the Diable Jambe, and Luffy at the end. Fantastic that almost every Strawhat got a nice cut to show off this episode.

• Look at Law's crew and the Minks being useful, shame the Kid Pirates couldn't be part of this.
  • They animated the fanart with Big Mom riding Kaido. :noo:That's how you make words from a fodder's mouth look truly scary.
  • Just three boys having fun. Over the Top's instrumental in perfect use here.:goyea:

• The CG for Kid's power was inevitable, I'm more surprised they used it for Butterfly Gifter.

• An insane sequence of the Sabaody Trio destroying a battleship. I especially liked that the enemy wasn't a sitting duck and tried to rush down their enemies boarding the ship while the entire thing was floating, tilting in the air and being stripped of its metal. Just unreal looking at so many moving parts for such a lengthy period of time.
  • Absurd casual slash and cackle by Denjiro, what a way to end the episode.:steef:
Wonderful episode. Very clean, polished art and animation from start to finish. Excellent creative direction and nice OST choices as well. Small details like the background boxes with the Supernovas coming to life as they fight each other or Big Mom and Kaido's perfect union taking form just really brought life into even the dialogue portions of the episode. It adapted less than last week with only around half the chapter, but those relevant filler sequences and great additional fighting like for Law's crew and the Minks get no complaints from me. I'm only surprised they went all out for an episode of the Supernova destroying fodder, should have spared one of these guys last week for Kin'emon beheading Kanjuro. Cannot wait to see how they handle an actual raid fight episode.

• Love these sick animated graphics for the crews. Wish they slapped some titles and numbers on them so I know how big Kid's crew is:catcry:
  • That movie flashback with the crew that was abruptly cut away because it was entirely pointless got me. Hilarious.
  • This drama because some Gifters couldn't stick around for a minute to double check their work.:giogio:
  • Pulling out the sakuga to show Kanjuro's glowing eyes and the Butterfly Gifter licking her weapon. :myman:Priorities.

• Usopp with the Green Star, Franky with the cannons (that didn't hit anyone), Nami with Zeus, Robin with Gigantesco Mano, Sanji with the Diable Jambe, and Luffy at the end. Fantastic that almost every Strawhat got a nice cut to show off this episode.

• Look at Law's crew and the Minks being useful, shame the Kid Pirates couldn't be part of this.
  • They animated the fanart with Big Mom riding Kaido. :noo:That's how you make words from a fodder's mouth look truly scary.
  • Just three boys having fun. Over the Top's instrumental in perfect use here.:goyea:

• The CG for Kid's power was inevitable, I'm more surprised they used it for Butterfly Gifter.

• An insane sequence of the Sabaody Trio destroying a battleship. I especially liked that the enemy wasn't a sitting duck and tried to rush down their enemies boarding the ship while the entire thing was floating, tilting in the air and being stripped of its metal. Just unreal looking at so many moving parts for such a lengthy period of time.
  • Absurd casual slash and cackle by Denjiro, what a way to end the episode.:steef:
Wonderful episode. Very clean, polished art and animation from start to finish. Excellent creative direction and nice OST choices as well. Small details like the background boxes with the Supernovas coming to life as they fight each other or Big Mom and Kaido's perfect union taking form just really brought life into even the dialogue portions of the episode. It adapted less than last week with only around half the chapter, but those relevant filler sequences and great additional fighting like for Law's crew and the Minks get no complaints from me. I'm only surprised they went all out for an episode of the Supernova destroying fodder, should have spared one of these guys last week for Kin'emon beheading Kanjuro. Cannot wait to see how they handle an actual raid fight episode.
Eh, even those called fodder can be troublesome to deal with, if not, a good excuse to show off great animation anytime. lol

Yessssss the way she lick her weapon she very freaky
Agreed, showed how “edgy” she was. lol

Post automatically merged:

If they did that to a random Gifter, just imagine Black Maria :shakiously: :hihihi:
Sanji is going to have the time of his life :kobeha:
Dunno, she gave a haughty, yet sort of confident impression that led me to think she’d be a fun sort of character. Too bad she had to be on the enemy’s side though. lol