rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 83

@EtenBoby
How the youtuber and one piece community react in japan for this chapter?
Around Germany and overall europa/american, it was not really good, even few big youtuber didn´t like this chapter because of the Ulti vs Nami thing.
don't know, haven't check

Kaido's new scar really mix perfectly with the old one huh
would prefer for Zoro to leave something more unique but I guess it is what it is

and I was thinking maybe Oda changed Kaido's hybrid design a bit back in 1011, but I guess not

would prefer for Zoro to leave something more unique but I guess it is what it is

and I was thinking maybe Oda changed Kaido's hybrid design a bit back in 1011, but I guess not
It'll be weird if the teeth don't match in the actual volumes

Maybe there are levels to his hybrid form? In the first one there seems to be way more scales as well..

Glad Nami gets to keep Zeus, and I love how they attack together.

Finally, Ulti is defeated for good.

Yamamoto is going to be a Straw Hat it seems, I don't know how I feel about it yet.

I wanna see Robin bitch slapping Black Maria, stop off paneling it Oda!

I wanna see some of Jimbe vs Who's Who, & Franky Vs Sasaki fights too.

I demand to see Sanji vs Queen!

• I figured Hitetsu wasn't allowed anywhere near the capital because he looks like a monster. It does help that the Beast Pirates are away and people are in costume for the festival. I assume Hitetsu can fly like King, this puts him in pole position to fly from the ground to Onigashima and play a role when the flying rock gets here.

• Usopp being great support and a tank on the level of Apoo and the Flying Six as usual. It's curious to observe that his new attacks, Fireworks Flowers and the Pinecone explosion, were not crucial to defeating anyone and just keeping Page One away. Makes me feel there is still more in store for Usopp with a unique Wano finisher move like Nami and Zeus.
  • Chapter bookends nicely with O-Toko remembering her non-biological father:yasu:, a bond taken away from her by force. Then at the end Yamato clashing with Kaido, seeking to use force to tear up the biological bond with Kaido.

• It does feel like Tama was supposed to make an announcement this chapter with the set up of Bao Haung captured and CP0 looking at the pieces. I'm not going to fault Oda for a mere 2 missing pages that might have completed the chapter as manga deadlines can be brutal with Gege going on hiatus, the tragedy with Miura (R.I.P):catsweat:, etc.
When I look at this again, this was definitely a Zeus fight and not a Nami fight. Zeus feared Big Mom, turned away from Nami and even tried to attack her. He had a great character moment giving up his life to turn on his literal creater. But Nami ultimately showed compassion, reached out to Zeus and saved his life. Zeus NEEDED to repay the favor.

So Zeus gets the conclusion to his character arc by taking out Ulti. The vengeful enemy who recognizes Tama and Nami's threat potential. Nami takes a backseat as Zeus is proactive in analyzing Ulti, coming up with the strategy, then finishing off an opponent fast enough to dodge lightning. A showcase of everything Zeus can provide to Nami. In the future, I expect Nami will the take the lead once again or perhaps work in tandem with Zeus. Big Mom has passed out, nearly drowned, gotten tied up in seastone to no effect on the homies like Moria's shadows that would have remained inside the zombies even if he said he died. This means Zeus will be riding with the Strawhats until the end of the series. I appreciate the talking stick's redemption and formal introduction into the crew, because I doubt Zeus will ever have it this good again.

I already said my piece on Ulti and Page One. Lamentable, but these two got far more screen time than minor antagonists usually get. Ulti recovering is hardly a stain on Big Mom, she still 2-hit KO'd Queen and OHKO'd a fresh Page One with Conqueror's. It was the first time the three amigos were able to combine with Zeus replaced by the newly born Hera, Ulti merely survived the test run.

The possibilities with captive Bao Huang are endless :catblush:

The CP0 ignored Momo's message last chapter and still consider Luffy dead. Clearly showing what info they consider reliable. When it's Bao Huang doing an accidental message, none of the CP0 and Beast Pirates can ignore it with the Flying Six slightly worried for their own necks.

Kaido was big on the information war, using Luffy's death to demoralize the samurai. Very amusing how it's completely turned against them now with Momo using a frog to announce Luffy is still alive, Bao Huang revealing two Tobiroppo have been defeated -- something that apparently never happened before, and now Bao Huang the teller of truths held captive by the enemy. The Strawhats aren't supposed to be the wicked ones, but just imagine if Usopp and Nami torture this girl and get her to tell endless lies that demoralize the Beast Pirates. That might honestly have a bigger effect than Queen or Tama's contribution.

It looks like the three remaining Tobiroppo are scuffed up and have entered stage 2. Their battles are not going as easy as they hoped.

Stage 1 is the full Zoan form. Who's Who met Jinbe as a very big cat. Sasaki charged in as a full Triceratops when he was left only dealing with Franky. Black Maria might simply be hideous as a full spider so Oda gave her a bizarre partial transformation with two heads. We might never see her full Zoan form.

It all follows the Jack and Kaido pattern. The full Zoan form is the weakest and just there to take a beating. Mammoth Jack was thoroughly pounded by Inu and then the Sulong Minks, and we know how Kaido's dragon form usually works out. Jack was pissed of by Neko and transitioned to his human form or Stage 2 in order to wield his deadly blades. He was also in human form when he was furious and ready to finish off the Scabbards. When Kaido finally whips out his club, you know there's going to be some sore asses. Who's Who and Sasaki have now entered stage 2 and both drawn their blades, something their 4 legged animals cannot use. Black Maria might be off just fine in her partial transformation, you can label that as both her Stage 1 and 2.

Stage 3 is the last resort and their ideal fusion form. It combines the power of the Ancient Zoan while giving them a dexterous human shape which they can wield their swords or clubs with. Perfect for Kaido, Jack, WW, Black Maria, Sasaki, King, maybe Yamato. It shows how serious Kaido is when it comes to Yamato, and if Yamato will ever drop the club and show off the full Zoan form. Ulti and Page One don't use weapons so whether their hybrid forms are superior to the full Zoan is up in the air. Queen is also an interesting case as he has access to weapons in his full Bracchio form, that might be his Stage 2 while the full hybrid is no doubt his Stage 3. Whether Stage 4 exists is a conversation for another time, so far I think it will only apply to Kaido.

Wano has been far from an ordinary island since its inception, I'm curious what interests Kaido the most.
  • Impenetrable geography that makes it a natural fortress to launch armies from?
  • Very rare seastone supply and access to the craftsmen who can shape it?
  • The Road Poneglyph and the Kozuki clan who created and read these poneglyphs?
  • Exceptional and tough samurai labor force who are behind his weapons factory manufacturing
  • A mandatory pit stop for Joy Boy, the man Kaido is waiting for?
Most likely, it's all of these reasons and one more Oda will throw in later. Makes you question if Kaido was seeking to enter Wano and behind the Kurozomi clan the entire time. What if Kaido and Higurashi met on the Rocks ship? What if Kaido, notorious collector and admirer of Zoans, handed over the Mythical Hebi Hebi so this disgraced Wano clan could create the conditions for him to enter Wano and not just get immediately swarmed by enemy samurai? It would add an interesting layer to Kaido if he's been planning to occupy Wano for a very long time.

B

Ballel

The whole Ulti & Page One vs Nami & Usopp plot was bullshit. Ulti tanked multiple attacks from Nami and a named attack from Big Mom and her three homies. She was fine after that and could’ve killed Nami and Usopp again in this chapter. The match up was a disgrace against Ulti and Page One.
At least a powerup should have had more buildup and make sense. Or make it 3 SH vs P1 and Ulti.
Not this shit. That was dumb writing even for a show aimed at 6y/o s.

One star receives most of the votes, never been more proud of WG before. That little shit Otama is singlehandedly assfucking the intensity out of this arc
It’s not like a smile user of chicken with a head coming out of the ass will decide the outcome of this war Lol, nor the other 500 smile users!

Oda could completely wipe them out instantly if he wants by actually making calamities DO WORK

the lack of intensity is not because of fodders and smile users... it’s because so far (ONLY Ulti and Page1) were putting work and effort among all Kaido’s executives

If Oda decides to make Calamities and rest of F6 put in heavy work... you’ll see the amount of intensity we have always wanted to see.. with Otama or without her...

It has always been the major executives who need to put work...and do their part
Post automatically merged:

Glad Nami gets to keep Zeus, and I love how they attack together.

Finally, Ulti is defeated for good.

Yamamoto is going to be a Straw Hat it seems, I don't know how I feel about it yet.

I wanna see Robin bitch slapping Black Maria, stop off paneling it Oda!

I wanna see some of Jimbe vs Who's Who, & Franky Vs Sasaki fights too.

I demand to see Sanji vs Queen!
Yamamoto!?
:pepeanger:

That Old Geezer would literally oneshot Kaido in his Bankai form

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.