Questions & Mysteries Why People Deny the Fact That Helmeppo and Koby Will Be Rivals for Zoro and Luffy?

Unless Coby and Helmeppo’s growth rate is > Luffy/Zoro they would not be a serious threat to the duo . Outside of that with respect to general one piece world they can reach the upper echelon of strength hierarchy at best ( that is me giving them alot of benefit of doubt )
Growth rates don’t exist. It’s not like characters have levels and exp bars. Oda will make them as strong as he needs to make them with the excuse “they trained with Garp for two years”

The jump in power level these fuckers need to do to be on Luffy and Zoro's level makes it hard to believe.
It's simple as that.

Those guys are weaker than Smoker who was low diffed by Doffy who went on to lose a much much weaker than current Luffy.

They don't need asspulls to catch up with Luffy and Zoro, they need a miracle

That's why we are on denial :kayneshrug:

Last edited:
Storywise Coby will be Top Tier Admiral. Everything less would be a huge disappointment.

Coby has a specific theme in the Manga.

He's the symbol of achieving or becoming the best, even if you aren't talented or weak at first.
He will be the definition of hard work and achieving your goals.

In some why he mirrors Luffy 100% the both aim for the top, the only difference is Luffy was self confident to begin with, Coby wasn't.

Coby was the light Luffy the flame who lit the light

The problem for me is.. Luffy has to reach a plateau regarding strength progression for a period of time until Koby can catch up

And the issue here is we’re on speed train... Luffy by the end of this arc will already be Yonko level, among the top 4 powerful pirates... and soon may even head straight for WG for final war... the pace for Luffy’s progression is going so fast

While Koby is only but a captain now who by mistake got the title of rear admiral yet Oda took it away from him...

meaning whatever promotion he will get next is ONLY going to be rear Admiral
Yet he still will need to become a vice admiral afterwards, and THEN a Top Vice admiral candidate to be admiral

to finally be an admiral

I really don’t see how can Oda pull this off when he stripped him away from rear admiral position!
and got him back to captain... while we’re reaching end of series! Unless Oda makes Koby eat a hax DF + defeat one of the big shots to instantly jump to be vice admiral... he’s not going to catch up

It will be more bullshit than freaking Naruto/Sasuke and sage of six path shit
Post automatically merged:

That was uncalled for Mr. Lefugee
Not just Koby. The Straw Hats need to catch up. Half of them don’t even have Haki yet. Also, ran isn’t really relevant. He’s clearly far stronger than a regular Captain.

The problem for me is.. Luffy has to reach a plateau regarding strength progression for a period of time until Koby can catch up

And the issue here is we’re on speed train... Luffy by the end of this arc will already be Yonko level, among the top 4 powerful pirates... and soon may even head straight for WG for final war... the pace for Luffy’s progression is going so fast

While Koby is only but a captain now who by mistake got the title of rear admiral yet Oda took it away from him...

meaning whatever promotion he will get next is ONLY going to be rear Admiral
Yet he still will need to become a vice admiral afterwards, and THEN a Top Vice admiral candidate to be admiral

to finally be an admiral

I really don’t see how can Oda pull this off when he stripped him away from rear admiral position!
and got him back to captain... while we’re reaching end of series! Unless Oda makes Koby eat a hax DF + defeat one of the big shots to instantly jump to be vice admiral... he’s not going to catch up

It will be more bullshit than freaking Naruto/Sasuke and sage of six path shit
The point for me is that Coby will become Luffy's Garp by EoS BUT in a flash forward after the final war or whatever, probably years after the battle with the final villain who is the only one who will be Luffy match by the final arc (Blackbeard). Coby like you said can not catch up to Luffy but imo he is already running like crazy, the WG sent him to catch Boa and, even if I believe they will have some kind of secret agreement, he will probably be the winner (and so bring back Boa to be present in the Sabo rescue arx along with Coby, probably). So he for sure, imo, is at least already stronger than fodder vice admirals (example: the one trashed by Barto before the corida coloseum).