Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind that Usopp was the only SH other than Luffy to get a powerup in Dressrosa, and Chopper did in fact get a powerup with the 30 minutes MP extension this arc.
DR is a very unorthodox arc to begin with. Only half the strawhats and a lot of focus is given to new characters. This is the first major set of battles for the crew since Enies Lobby.

Not that I expect everyone to receive powerups every time, but characters like Usopp received their powerup nearly 300 chapters ago and have no used it again since. That's why I'm still convinced more is happening there.

Chopper's "powerup" is also still relatively tame because it practically achieved nothing in the grand scheme of things. Usually powerups are warranted and change the flow of a particular fight (i.e. Usopp stopping Sugar). I also think "Chopperjiji" is leading to something else anyway

Oda taking a break is not bad in my eyes, it’s for his health BUT wasting panels on Tama is the biggest shit in my eyes. Zoro could’ve been healed or we could get some panels about Kid, Law and Killer... but it’s now Tama Piece
What is he supposed to do, write her out of the arc entirely?
Even if she already fulfilled her purpose she's still in the middle of a war, so having the gifters protect her is at least a good excuse to not see her for a while :kayneshrug:

Sun God = Zoro's Father
Unlikely, this seems to be one of those long lost legends that lived a long time ago, like Joy Boy or Ryuma. Specialy if the sun god the girl mentions in the Norland flashback is suposed to be the same person. And i think the parallels for Ryuma being Zoro's ancestor are way more solid.

DR is a very unorthodox arc to begin with. Only half the strawhats and a lot of focus is given to new characters. This is the first major set of battles for the crew since Enies Lobby.

Not that I expect everyone to receive powerups every time, but characters like Usopp received their powerup nearly 300 chapters ago and have no used it again since. That's why I'm still convinced more is happening there.

Chopper's "powerup" is also still relatively tame because it practically achieved nothing in the grand scheme of things. Usually powerups are warranted and change the flow of a particular fight (i.e. Usopp stopping Sugar). I also think "Chopperjiji" is leading to something else anyway
The Numbers should still have a role to play since most of them have not made an appearance. If they are sent after Tama Usopp could defend her from their assault.

What is he supposed to do, write her out of the arc entirely?
Even if she already fulfilled her purpose she's still in the middle of a war, so having the gifters protect her is at least a good excuse to not see her for a while :kayneshrug:
The problem is her whole ability and existence. She shouldn’t be in the war in first place. Her devil fruit is like destiny gave it to her. The plot with Ace was nice but that’s it.

Just a reminder that this was Chapter 404, Franky vs Fukuro. Their fight continued for another full chapter. There isn't even an indication that Jinbe will defeat WsW by 1019 either.
Actually, this is obvious. For most fights, X vs Y fights are the fight before the end.

Sanji vs Jabra.
Heat Up.
Zoro vs Kaku.
Asura.
Zoro vs Pica.
Tactics 5
Pirate Chopper vs Enigma Hogback
Come on Out, Straw Hats

and so on. There are exceptions like Luffy vs Sanji, Pirate Luffy vs Yonko Kaido, and Pirate Luffy vs General Katakuri though. But I'm sure you can see the common thread in these exceptions.

B

Ballel

Just an FYI, since I've been seeing people angry at the breaks without understanding why they are the way they are right now.

Oda takes breaks every 3 chapters usually. This would have meant after 1019, he would have taken a break. Since Jump already has a scheduled break in July, they pushed his break earlier because it would have meant getting:

Oda break
Jump beak
Jump break

This would be a 3 week gap instead of the usual 2 and spreads the chapters out unevenly.

Feel free to delete if it doesn't add to the discussion
Why are there 2 Jump breaks ahead?

Status
Not open for further replies.