One Piece Chapter 965 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not entirely sure he never blackened a weapon, but yes I think it's a matter of fighting style at the end of the day, give him a DF that has got massive hax and he may not be classified as swordsman depending on situation. Otherwise I definitely see him as one for the moment.
People didn't come up with that theory for no reason. There is a huge fanbase believing in it and believing in Shanks being > Mihawk. Maybe that's even intended by Oda. Or else he would've made it much clearer that Mihawk is > Shanks.

Now with even Roger himself wielding a sword, Roger, who is > even Kaido, it gets suspicious. Sure, Mihawk wasn't the WSS in Roger's era, but it would make sense for Zoro to become the strongest swordsman of all time. Surpassing Mihawk, surpassing Ryuma and everyone else. But at the same time I don't see Zoro becoming stronger than Roger. Coming close to him? Maybe. But even surpassing? That is Luffy's and Blackbeard's job.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
People didn't come up with that theory for no reason. There is a huge fanbase believing in it and believing in Shanks being > Mihawk. Maybe that's even intended by Oda. Or else he would've made it much clearer that Mihawk is > Shanks.

Now with even Roger himself wielding a sword, Roger, who is > even Kaido, it gets suspicious. Sure, Mihawk wasn't the WSS in Roger's era, but it would make sense for Zoro to become the strongest swordsman of all time. Surpassing Mihawk, surpassing Ryuma and everyone else. But at the same time I don't see Zoro becoming stronger than Roger. Coming close to him? Maybe. But even surpassing? That is Luffy's and Blackbeard's job.
Meh rogers yesterdays news. He will be surpassed. The king of all is the final benchmark.

Youre telling me bb waltzed up to yonko shanks scarred him and got away scot free as shanks and his crew did nothing ?
Bb stayed on the moby dick.
Shanks eye is covered at rogers death
So it stands to reason the last time roger fought wb bb scarred shanks.
Post automatically merged:

The question is did 2 arm shanks surpass roger ?
No, I'm telling you BB injured an "Infamous" pirate captain, worthy of being YC level or shichibukai level. Shanks only became a Yonko 4 years ago, while he met Luffy and he had the scar. So, he injured Shanks when Shanks was infamous and strong enough for Shanks to realize that BB should NOT BE an underling for a commander, rather a commander in his own right. Because if he was still an apprentice, BB injuring him wouldn't be a big deal. And it would not make Shanks think that BB is hiding his true strength. Here is the timeline to make sense of things for you:

1- Shanks and BB joined Roger and WB ships. They are just kids, newbies. look at how small Shanks looks in this new chapter.

2- Roger got executed, the crew disbanded

3- Shanks started to make his own crew.

4- Shanks day by day achieving stuff, rising in ranks

5- Shanks became an infamous pirate with legitimate strength and aknowldged as STRONG captain.

6- Shanks enters the New World and make more name for himself and become even stronger with his crew.

7- BB meets Shanks by some event, and that incident happened. Shanks gets the scar

8- Shanks starts his rivalry with Mihawk, and duels after duels, they are becoming Legendary for WB, a freaking Yonko to actually call it Legendary duels (despite Shanks not being Yonko at that time). And also for WB to call Shanks as STRONG despite not being a Yonko yet since WB asked him about the reason for losing his arm (when Shanks was not yet a Yonko, yet he was very powerful, for everyone in New World to be surprised by him losing an arm)

I hope the timeline makes sense for you. The point, Shanks should have gotten the scar, when he was infamous and strong enough for him to see BB as a threat, and not when he was a freaking kid. And No, not when he was a Yonko.

It's in the middle man, the middle. You guys either think when he was a kid, or when he was a Yonko? no inbetween? no compromisation? hahaha

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
No, I'm telling you BB injured an "Infamous" pirate captain, worthy of being YC level or shichibukai level. Shanks only became a Yonko 4 years ago, while he met Luffy and he had the scar. So, he injured Shanks when Shanks was infamous and strong enough for Shanks to realize that BB should NOT BE an underling for a commander, rather a commander in his own right. Because if he was still an apprentice, BB injuring him wouldn't be a big deal. And it would not make Shanks think that BB is hiding his true strength. Here is the timeline to make sense of things for you:

1- Shanks and BB joined Roger and WB ships. They are just kids, newbies. look at how small Shanks looks in this new chapter.

5- Shanks became an infamous pirate with legitimate strength and aknowldged as STRONG captain.

6- Shanks enters the New World and make more name for himself and become even stronger with his crew.

7- BB meets Shanks by some event, and that incident happened. Shanks gets the scar

8- Shanks starts his rivalry with Mihawk, and duels after duels, they are becoming Legendary for WB, a freaking Yonko to actually call it Legendary duels (despite Shanks not being Yonko at that time). And also for WB to call Shanks as STRONG despite not being a Yonko yet since WB asked him about the reason for losing his arm (when Shanks was not yet a Yonko, yet he was very powerful, for everyone in New World to be surprised by him losing an arm)

I hope the timeline makes sense for you. The point, Shanks should have gotten the scar, when he was infamous and strong enough for him to see BB as a threat, and not when he was a freaking kid. And No, not when he was a Yonko.

It's in the middle man, the middle. You guys either think when he was a kid, or when he was a Yonko? no inbetween? no compromisation? hahaha
His eyes scarred at rogers death.

My money : Shanks wanted to make Teach the next Roger ... until he understand who dark is Teach

they were friends at some point for sure

OK ... I'm confuze ...

what is the meaning of WSS for you ....

I'm not saying Roger SHOULD have been ... but if some one think : WSS is a swordsman who is stronger than all other swordsman (not more skillful) ... then by THIS LOGIC he should ... but he ain't ... so this logic is false
There's difference between Roger being WSS and having the title of WSS

Like I said, no person has ever been called WSS before Mihawk and unlike Zoro who we know has to beat Mihawk to become WSS, we've never heard of anyone Mihawk had to beat...

See until there is proof that the title of WSS existed before Mihawk, I will not say Roger had it...

But as of now since the title exists in current time, It directly means that Mihawk is he swordsman who can defeat all other swordsmen in battle since Zoro has to defeat all other swordsmen including Mihawk to get that title

Do you understand what I mean? Roger did not have the title of WSS because it didn't exist as far as we know. This has no bearing on what it actually means right now whennit exists because at no point has Zoro ever cried about Fujitora having Gravity powers or Pica having stone powers or whoever the fuck. Zoro beats all swordsmen whichever way they fight or with whatever shit they use to supplement their swordsmanship from devil fruits to haki to being born with extra limbs or being born gigantic or they havig weird weapons or even being the corpse of some legendary samurai...whatver fucking thing Oda gives Zoro's opponents doesn't change the fact that Zoro has to beat them to be WSS. Not out smart them. Not out skill them. Zoro just has to win.

There's difference between Roger being WSS and having the title of WSS

Like I said, no person has ever been called WSS before Mihawk and unlike Zoro who we know has to beat Mihawk to become WSS, we've never heard of anyone Mihawk had to beat...

See until there is proof that the title of WSS existed before Mihawk, I will not say Roger had it...

But as of now since the title exists in current time, It directly means that Mihawk is he swordsman who can defeat all other swordsmen in battle since Zoro has to defeat all other swordsmen including Mihawk to get that title

Do you understand what I mean? Roger did not have the title of WSS because it didn't exist as far as we know. This has no earing on what it actually means right now whennit exists because at no point has Zoro ever cried about Fujitora having Gravity powers or Pica having stone powers or whoever the fuck. Zoro beats all swordsmen whichever way they fight or with whatever shit they use to supplement their swordsmanship from devil fruits to haki to being born with extra limbs or being born gigantic or they havig weird weapons or even being the corpse of some legendary samurai...whatver fucking thing Oda gives Zoro's opponents doesn't change the fact that Zoro has to beat them to be WSS. Not out smart them. Not out skill them. Zoro just has to win.
Wasn't it mentioned that Ryuuma had the title during his era??? am not sure though

Status
Not open for further replies.