Zoro's position in the Strawhat crew

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
People like you who're obssesive with their hate for a little girl like Tama-chan disgust his fishness.
Tama-chan didn't appear for few chapters and yet you keep crying
:whitepress:
#TamaForStrawHats
:beckmoji:
Do I like Tama? Yes.
Do I like her role in this war? No.

She was okay being a cute child with Otsuru and helping local people with her DF. But Oda decided to use her to defeat fan-favorite F6 (Ulti and P1).

Are you for real? Lmao

Oda references things, doesn't copy them. He's writing a story, not reenacting references.

What now, should Luffy play supporting role while Momo fights Kaido?

Should Oda abandon Marco's desire and character to not fight Kaido and promote new generation for the sake of a reference?

Should Momo offer Kibi Dango to Luffy, Marco, etc for their services? But wait! Tama did that. So is Tama momo-taro?

Should Kaido live like the Oni did at the end?

Wano and Onigashima are full of references from Momotaro, in fact the alliance in itself represents it so: Dog (minks), Boy (samurais), Monkey (Strawhats), and Pheasant (Marco), etc. Hell, Tama was literal copy of Momotaro for a while- even had a monkey and dog following her for kibi dango, just like Momotaro. It's actually hilarious that you're only just realizing the Momotaro reference...

But none of that means he should make the fight exactly like Momotaro. These are references, dude, not exact stories. Momotaro's story is all over the place, divided into parts and distributed- but none of it is reenactment.

If you want to believe Zoro won't fight Kaido, good for you, but don't give "Well in reference these animals fought so Oda is going to abandon character, plot and story to make these animal representatives fight as well!" as your reason, that's beyond crazy.

Oda is not a shit children's writer, please...
Zoro already fought Kaido.
Of course he is adapting it that's why Luffy will definitely be the one to beat him at the end as he claimed countless times, never said he was copying that is what an adaptation means if you are confused.

Nope, see below. It's the Momotaro tale where the Monkey, Pheasant, Dog and Momo *defeat* the Oni.

With neither able to conquer the other, these kingly beasts represent a balance of power, "hard" and "soft" styles coming together to form a harmony between Yin and Yang. They can also be seen as the Dragon representing Spirit/Heaven, and the Tiger representing Matter/Earth. This is why you see lots of Dragon/Tiger tattoos. They're as Eastern as Yin and Yang. Bonus points if they're in the same picture as a Yin and Yang (which isn't Buddhist, per se, but Taoist).
Marco the "peasant" already fighting king, Why would he leave king to fight kaido? Makes no sense.

looks like it. final showdown
I sure hope it’s not the final showdown. The supernova I was moderately okay with being in the final confrontation of a main enemy (they’re secondary characters but still important), but Marco just seems like too much of a side character to be majorly involved in a turning point of the straw hats journey.

Zoro already fought Kaido.
Of course he is adapting it that's why Luffy will definitely be the one to beat him at the end as he claimed countless times, never said he was copying that is what an adaptation means if you are confused.
I was merely pointing out Zoro fighting or not fighting Kaido has nothing to do with Momotaro reference. Momotaro has been theme of entire arc and has references scattered all over, but nothing is a reenactment.

Other than that, Marco fighting Kaido is nonsensical. His character and personality is already set-up as someone who wishes to play secondary role, Oda is not going to abandon the plot-lines and characters he builds up for the sake of reenacting references. That's all.

I don't even understand people who are insisting on that. It's almost like no one pays attention to actual set-ups, story and characters... and would rather watch reenactment of some reference rather than it being... just a reference?

Zoro partaking in final battle vs Kaido or not is completely different debate

Status
Not open for further replies.