One Piece Chapter 966 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mihawk > Roger :josad:

When Roger tried to target Whitebeard and his YC1 got in his way

YC1 got neg diffed.

When Mihawk tried to target Whitebeard and his YC3 got in his way

Mihawk's attack got neg diffed.
This comment is legitimately stupid on like 6 different levels. Even though Mihawk is < Roger, your logic is akin to "Hitler was a bad guy because of his mustache".

First of all, why is Oden a "YC1" and Jozu a "YC3"? Jozu is clearly the #2 of the WB Pirates in Marineford, and if you want to go by division numbers (which Oda stated is wrong), Oden is #2. Whitebeard was NOT a Yonko at the time, and the commanders of that time had much higher potential. Oden was not comparable to "YC1s".

Second of all, Roger was using a named attack, Mihawk wasn't.

Lastly, an air slash has 2 components: cutting and power, which is a perfect match for Jozu. His diamond durability allows him to cancel out the cutting part, and his physical strength allows him to nullify the power behind it. Just because Oden > Jozu, it doesn't mean he would have fared better.

Yeah. I bet Oden does so while struggling due to being poisoned.

And Kaido was probably in his prime, he looked exactly the same in the flashback. In the Rox Flashback, he had the same height as Whitebeard and Big Mom. Maybe Kaido is in their age but just ages slower due to his dragon Zoan.
My headcanon is that Kaido is in his prime now and wasn’t back then, since he was only a cabin boy shortly earlier.

Big Mom is way out of her prime now, even visibly completely out of shape compared to her past self and is old, in her late sixties.

around age 50 give or take is consistently where Oda seems to have his characters peak.

your logic is akin to "Hitler was a bad guy because of his mustache".
:christugh:
Lastly, an air slash has 2 components: cutting and power, which is a perfect match for Jozu. His diamond durability allows him to cancel out the cutting part, and his physical strength allows him to nullify the power behind it. Just because Oden > Jozu, it doesn't mean he would have fared better.
So you think Roger's attack wouldn't have blasted Jozu away.

My headcanon is that Kaido is in his prime now and wasn’t back then, since he was only a cabin boy shortly earlier.

Big Mom is way out of her prime now, even visibly completely out of shape compared to her past self and is old, in her late sixties.

around age 50 give or take is consistently where Oda seems to have his characters peak.
Good job Roger and Garp, beating a crew who has the Kaido type of guy as a cabin boy. :josad:

This comment is legitimately stupid on like 6 different levels. Even though Mihawk is < Roger, your logic is akin to "Hitler was a bad guy because of his mustache".

First of all, why is Oden a "YC1" and Jozu a "YC3"? Jozu is clearly the #2 of the WB Pirates in Marineford, and if you want to go by division numbers (which Oda stated is wrong), Oden is #2. Whitebeard was NOT a Yonko at the time, and the commanders of that time had much higher potential. Oden was not comparable to "YC1s".

Second of all, Roger was using a named attack, Mihawk wasn't.

Since when named attack means something? LOL.

WB never used a single named attack in MF, as well as Sengoku, as well as Marco.

Oda wrote it so
Snegiku and Garp needing high diff to take down Shiki
1 vs 1? Can they beat Shiki? 50/50

This chapter shows that Scopper an Rayleigh wanted to team tup to stop Oden
Roger even worries they will be injured

Oda is clearly saying Oden isnt easily gonna be taken down by a duo
Same like Shiki didnt lose low/midd diff to Prike marine duo.

Oden hyoe

Oden ~ Rayleigh at worst
Prime Oden>Rayleigh at best
Oden in chapter 966 is the same age as Shanks when he became a Yonko, which is age 33.

I wonder what this new aura before a conqueror haki clash means :kizabat:

Especially since their conqueror haki clash collided without their weapons even touching each other

A level 2 Conqueror haki? :christindeed:
Looks more like Advanved armament to me, tbh.

A shield so strong that their blades are not touching, and Haki flowing out of the blade is always used by Zoro, just not with that amount.

Looks like one arm to me. Being deadly sick is still unfair in Roger's opinion, so he uses one arm to counter Whitebeard at full strength. :yasu:
Look at Roger before he attacks, you can clearly see his left arm and his right hand just above his head, and in the actual clash you can see his right arm.

edit: nevermid i'm stupid :josad:

I wonder what this new aura before a conqueror haki clash means :kizabat:
Zoro's blades also have that kind of black aura flowing out of them, though a lot smaller. Looks like CoA.
Especially since their conqueror haki clash collided without their weapons even touching each other

A level 2 Conqueror haki? :christindeed:
That's how he swatted away Oden. Not (only) cutting him but sending him away with blunt force.
This is what I mean. Shanks can also focus on that kind of fighting style, where he channels Haki through his blade with no real sword techniques.

Bogard

You can't win
Looks more like Advanved armament to me, tbh.

A shield so strong that their blades are not touching, and Haki flowing out of the blade is always used by Zoro, just not with that amount.
Yeah but the thing is Oda usually uses the black lightnings on top of the usual armament shading to portray conqueror haki, so i'm assuming it might have something to do with that. If it's the case, then the hakiman theories will become even more real :madmonk:

Yeah but the thing is Oda usually uses the black lightnings on top of the usual armament shading to portray conqueror haki, so i'm assuming it might have something to do with that. If it's the case, then the hakiman theories will become even more real :madmonk:
If Advanced CoC would be used the first time in the series I bet Oda would've made it a bit more apparent, some kind of effect that it had, but so far nothing happened.
Post automatically merged:

Oh and guys, the sky didn't split, right ?

So I guess Roger and Whitebeard are not yonkou level ?

Bogard

You can't win
If Advanced CoC would be used the first time in the series I bet Oda would've made it a bit more apparent, some kind of effect that it had, but so far nothing happened.
Well Oda also introduced level 3 hardening through Rayleigh in Sabaody, but only explained it later, so wouldn't surprised me if he left a hint here to explain it later

Status
Not open for further replies.