Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Atlanta Hawks

• Sacramento Kings

• Total voters
H

Haoshoku

I just dump everything on imgur. So i have stuff from years past posted on the forums.

Another year of Harden vs Giannis for mvp.

Also Kobe and LBJ isn't a debate lmao. That stopped being a debate like 2013-14ish lol.
Only Kobe fans out here even trying to debate that :luffylaugh:like your guy @Nidai_Kitetsu

Bill Russell is like Pele, played against part time players in a 8 team league
Its more than just rings then?

H

Haoshoku

It's a lot of things. Rings + Stats + help+ opponents

Dont act like rings dont matter, they play for rings
Rings definitely matter they cannot be used to paint the entire picture though, which is why I said it is a moot and weak point to use against Lebron when talking about if Kobe is better or not. We can’t only look at their finals record and say thats what determines who’s better.
Post automatically merged:

Jewish players won some rings.
Oh ok. And nah I don’t consider those rings to be equivalent. Me and @Jiihad were bringing that up to showcase that you can’t use rings to determine who’s the better player.

The reason why rings aren’t equivalent is simple. For example Dirk’s 2011 ring is more valuable than any ring KD has. Lebron’s 2016 ring is more valuable than any ring Kobe has, so on and so forth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rings definitely matter they cannot be used to paint the entire picture though, which is why I said it is a moot and weak point to use against Lebron when talking about if Kobe is better or not. We can’t only look at their finals record and say thats what determines who’s better.

Oh ok. And nah I don’t consider those rings to be equivalent. Me and @Jiihad were bringing that up to showcase that you can’t use rings to determine who’s the better player.

The reason why rings aren’t equivalent is simple. For example Dirk’s 2011 ring is more valuable than any ring KD has. Lebron’s 2016 ring is more valuable than any ring Kobe has, so on and so forth.
I dont want to type an essay.

5>3 is easier to type :suresure:

H

Haoshoku

Kobe is a better closer.
Was he? Kobe sometimes shot his team out of the game meanwhile with Lebron you don’t even have to worry about that, he makes the right play.

there’s also this:
Game-tying/go-ahead field goals with under 10 seconds left in the postseason:
Michael Jordan: 7/15 (47%)
Kobe Bryant: 5/22 (23%)
LeBron James: 12/23 (52%)
Which proves that Lebron is clutch when it really matters.

Was he? Kobe sometimes shot his team out of the game meanwhile with Lebron you don’t even have to worry about that, he makes the right play.

there’s also this:

Which proves that Lebron is clutch when it really matters.
Lebron has a history of underperforming in finals(when he actually plays good teams), Kobe not so much, this proves Lebron is anything but CLUTCH. East conference teams are bums.

H

Haoshoku

Lebron has a history of underperforming in finals(when he actually plays good teams), Kobe not so much, this proves Lebron is anything but CLUTCH. East conference teams are bums.
2011 is the only underperformance that comes to mind, 2007 they had no business even being in the finals (we are talking about a 22 yr old Lebron carrying a trash roster) and in the other losses he performed well enough to give them a chance even in some unfortunate situations. This myth about Lebron not being clutch is asinine, he has faced some good EC teams, dismissing them as “bums” just cuz they are the ones he had most of his clutch moments against pretty much tells me that my job here is done. The stats speak for themselves.

2011 is the only underperformance that comes to mind, 2007 they had no business even being in the finals (we are talking about a 22 yr old Lebron carrying a trash roster) and in the other losses he performed well enough to give them a chance even in some unfortunate situations. This myth about Lebron not being clutch is asinine, he has faced some good EC teams, dismissing them as “bums” just cuz they are the ones he had his clutch moments against pretty much tells me that my job here is done. The stats speak for themselves.
Pfff, LeBron called HIMSELF GOAT cause he beat Golden State Warriors. Let's rewind:

KD & Westbrook exhausted themselves beating Leonard & Spurs.

Golden State exhausted themselves beating KD & Westbrook.

While Lebron played with... Toronto.:yasu:

H

Haoshoku

Pfff, LeBron called HIMSELF GOAT cause he beat Golden State Warriors. Let's rewind:

Lmao aight, so we gonna just ignore game winners and clutch moments just cuz he’s going against inferior teams? I can name like 5 teams better than that Toronto squad, the 2012 Celtics, 2011 Bulls, 2013-2014 Pacers, 2015 Hawks, but I digress.

He also had clutch moments in the finals, stats like these just aren’t refering to the East btw:

So Lebron still ain’t clutch I guess, citing the East’s overall inferiority to the West is such a cop out response to the fact that Lebron has shown to be clutch throughout his career when the situation has called for it. Meanwhile Kobe has had moments where he shoots his team out of the game because of mamba mentality, with Lebron that has never happened.

Lmao aight, so we gonna just ignore game winners and clutch moments just cuz he’s going against inferior teams? I can name like 5 teams better than that Toronto squad, the 2012 Celtics, 2011 Bulls, 2013-2014 Pacers, 2015 Hawks, but I digress.

He also had clutch moments in the finals, stats like these just aren’t refering to the East btw:

So Lebron still ain’t clutch I guess, citing the East’s overall inferiority to the West is such a cop out response to the fact that Lebron has shown to be clutch throughout his career when the situation has called for it. Meanwhile Kobe has had moments where he shoots his team out of the game because of mamba mentality, with Lebron that has never happened.
Comparing MJ to LeBron in the playoffs is ridiculous. Those stats are taken out of any reasonable context.

Today's numbers are way more inflated cause of shitty defense rules, please don't compare LeBron with Kobe & especially MJ using ppg.

H

Haoshoku

Comparing MJ to LeBron in the playoffs is ridiculous. Those stats are taken out of any reasonable context.

Today's numbers are way more inflated cause of shitty defense rules, please don't compare LeBron with Kobe & especially MJ using ppg.
MJ is not part of this conversation. You do realize that a good chunk of these numbers come from the same time period Kobe was playing? Regardless, you said Lebron “is anything but clutch” but numbers say otherwise and I don’t see what different defense rules have anything to do with the statistic I brought earlier

MJ is not part of this conversation. You do realize that a good chunk of these numbers come from the same time period Kobe was playing? Regardless, you said Lebron “is anything but clutch” but numbers say otherwise and I don’t see what different defense rules have anything to do with the statistic I brought earlier
I retract the "LeBron is anything but clutch" statement. Probably meant to write something on the lines of LeBron ain't a real closer, He can close playoff games, but not consistently, especially not in big games.

Last edited:

C'mon man! Are we really using this as an excuse? The guy was playing in 5 straight Finals prior to this, lol.

Not saying this is true but this is an excuse to post this video 'cause LOLZ.

Watching Rockets-Clippers again. Not saying PJ is a Kawhi stopper but he matches him well when Kawhi wants to play bully ball. I saw that last season too when TOR played against HOU. Made him work.

Last edited: