Will ZKk Happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo @Shanal i didn't quote you when i read this post a little while ago

but i thought exactly of this kind of stuff as the post i quoted here when i read your reply about taking the fans trolling too seriously.

Just look at the kind of places the discourse is taken when it comes to Sanji, and i'm especially talking about the bolded part.

Like making up this type of bs, and trivializing it in this manner just to shit talk a fictional character is so incredibly pathetic :josad:
Calling him pedophile is def blowing it out of proportions lol. Legal age in japan is 14 and Sanji (21) having romantic relationship with Pudding (16) is fairly normalized in Jp as well as OP culture ig. Not to mention Pudding is far from an innocent, little girl- she's very mature in multiple ways.

Though that aside- and I don't agree with nonsensical hating and generalization- Sanji does make him kind of an easy target for some stuff due to some of the gags, no?

I personally think that Oda goes completely brain fart with gags, and though the scenes where Sanji is outright abusing sexual privacy are pretty OOC, they still be there for ppl to easily prey on and just add to them, emphasizing more and more. Not to mention the disgust he shows in gag scenes regarding Okama, which is fairly okay when you look at it from a comical PoV, but when people start reading it with PC and modern PoV, it turns wrong lol.

All in all, he definitely is hated over this stuff and it's often unfair in a manner that those who do it blow it out of proportions. But Oda is also def big fault at that for making his gags the way they are- these might be more okay in 2000s but people now-a-days will likely not find it super funny. A part of me had hoped that he'd have at least some sort of commitment to Pudding and drop the gag to at least some degree, but rip, memory goes poof.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
I’m not saying I agree but in certain regions of Japan, hell even in certain states 16 is the age of consent and that shit is ok over there

Do you really think if it weren’t Oda would be allowed to post that??
japan is waaay more nuanced. read up. 13 is the age of consent but that's only when the other partner is also 14 or something. for 16 year olds i think consent is applicable only when the other person is also under 18 or something.

oda got away with this writing. that doesnt mean its garbage. sanji is 21 and pudding is 16. in no way is that normal.

the extent yall go to justify oda's writing garbage with sanji and the pudding stuff is absolutely hilarious to me lmfao. infact leave all that and lets pretend that's normal behavior. how are you gonna explain all the sexual harassment stuff? the bath house scene in wano?

im sorry if your standards for what is cool and what is not is so low lol. sanji's 21 and all the stuff with pudding a person who's 16 and 5 years younger than sanji is straight up illogical to me.

pretimeskip sanji was waaay cooler with the whole spy/007 style aura to him. the stuff in enies lobby, the hunter scene, the scene with enel, the mr. prince thing when he came in super clutch.

post timeskip sanji is a shell of his former self in that regard. i loved parts of whole cake island but i cannot condone the behavior with pudding lmfao.
16 is legal in Japan, whether it´s right is a different issue of course.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
. Legal age in japan is 14 and Sanji (21) having romantic relationship with Pudding (16) is fairly normalized in Jp as well as OP culture ig.
legal age in japan is waay more nuanced than 14. its like 14 year olds can give consent until the other party is also under 15. its more layered than just 14.

but yeah the point is sanji didnt deserve that garbage writing but it is what it is. blame that on oda. not on me for calling a spade a spade. people are legit tryna twist it like im doing this to hate sanji but its really not the case lol.

Bruh just don't. It's just so fucking pathetic i can't just laugh at it like i usually do with all the idiotic stuff you guys spam. Have some decency.
Troll tutorial:

say some idiotic shit you barely have knowledge about and 0 give argues, then when someone tries to explain or talk about it you start bragging about "lol you need to write 'so much' to defend"
:milaugh:
These are those who bring "Sanji pedo" stuff :kobeha:

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
16 is legal in Japan, whether it´s right is a different issue of course.
once again, the age of consent in japan is 13. but its waaay more nuanced than that. like 13 year old's consent matters only until the other party is also under 14 or under 15. 16 year old's consent matters only until the other party is also under 18 or something.

it'll never be normal or right to me. you can blame that on my upbringing/culture. it may be okay to some people but ill never condone it.

Calling him pedophile is def blowing it out of proportions lol. Legal age in japan is 14 and Sanji (21) having romantic relationship with Pudding (16) is fairly normalized in Jp as well as OP culture ig.

Though that aside- and I don't agree with nonsensical hating and generalization- Sanji does make him kind of an easy target for some stuff due to some of the gags, no?

I personally think that Oda goes completely brain fart with gags, and though the scenes where Sanji is outright abusing sexual privacy are pretty OOC, they still be there for ppl to easily prey on and just add to them, emphasizing more and more. Not to mention the disgust he shows in gag scenes regarding Okama, which is fairly okay when you look at it from a comical PoV, but when people start reading it with PC and modern PoV, it turns wrong lol.

All in all, he definitely is hated over this stuff and it's often unfair in a manner that those who do it blow it out of proportions. But Oda is also def big fault at that for making his gags the way they are- these might be more okay in 2000s but people now-a-days will likely not find it super funny.
Sanji's perverted shit is definitely overblown and out of line, so that i let anyone take jabs at him and give lighthearted "counters" to. That's why i only highlighted the other topic.

Like i said in the previous page, we don't even need to look at Japan or rl examples since

Pudding is not human, she's a Three Eye.

Giants for example have a lifespan of hundreds of years. Maybe they mature at 50 yo, so you can't apply the same age standards as you would for humans.

Pudding is someone who has seduced countless men before Sanji, and was taking great pleasure in leading them all to their deaths. She's also incredibly manipulative, and a significant part of her character is faking innocence when she's exactly the opposite.

Pudding's character portrayal and level of maturity is well about the average One Piece character, and all the themes revolving around her character are incredibily mature as well.

To go out of your way to push "Pedophilia" as a topic because of fucking Puding is so pathetic i'm at a loss of words to even describe it's extent, and it absolutely goes to trivialize the whole thing just so you can get a kick out of shit talking a fiction character.

Heck from a maturity standpoint given Pudding's character she's way more on an equal playing field with Sanji than someone like Boa is with Luffy. Not only that the age gap is twice as large, but Luffy is also way less mature when it comes to his sexuality or understanding of Boa's advances.

But obviously neither is worth of bringing such a heavy topic as "Pedophilia" into discussion. You don't trivialize such subjects in this manner just to get a kick out of shit talking fictional characters in a comic.

legal age in japan is waay more nuanced than 14. its like 14 year olds can give consent until the other party is also under 15. its more layered than just 14.

but yeah the point is sanji didnt deserve that garbage writing but it is what it is. blame that on oda. not on me for calling a spade a spade. people are legit tryna twist it like im doing this to hate sanji but its really not the case lol.
You're looking at it too literally.

We're talking about a girl who is very mature in every manner, knows the world and what's up, has sexually manipulated people, and a lot of other things.

For example, in fiction, a character of 10000 age dating someone of 20 age isn't that big of a deal. And neither is this.

It's a manga at the end of the day- and as long as the character in question is not a literal kid or similar, and is pretty much someone with a grown-ass person's mind, grown-ass person's body, and grown-ass person's everything, we should not try to look at it too deeply. Pudding ain't even human, for the record.

Oda's just retarded for making her 16 anyway. Nothing about her screams 16 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.