Least Impressive Supernova in Wano?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just going with the flow of the context of the story. Do I think it's absolutely impossible for Ushimaru to be Zoro's dad? Of course not. But highly improbable, given everything we know. You guys are acting like its set in stone, and there is no other option though, yet call me narrow-minded.

How many times do we go through this with Oda that the most obvious choice, is usually the wrong one. Him paralleling Zoro and Ushimaru to this degree was clearly going to spark those "Ushimaru is Zoro's dad" debates. Oda knows that. But the question is, does he want everyone to know Ushimaru is Zoro's dad, before he reveals it? Or does he just want people to think he is, before he comes out of left field with something completely different.
I mean, that's clearly cherry picking lol. There are plenty of times we're the "obvious" has been the right answer too.

People overwhelmingly "guessed" Kanjuro was the traitor, and he was. People guessed Kawamatsu was a "Kappa" and he was. People guessed Denjiro was Kyoshiro, and he was. People guessed the classic Zoro/Sanji matchups and they were right.

The list goes on and on. Just because something is clear or obvious, does not mean Oda is subverting expectations. In fact, the bigger mystery is fundamentally Zoro's upbringing.

We are clearly looking at spitting images of Zoro via Ushimaru and Ryuma. I'm not sure why you think isn't a direct descendant. I mean we know what Koushiro and Yasue look like. Both Shimotsuki and yet look nothing like Ushimaru or Ryuma.

G

Gorosei Informer

I don't know what's Seth's Issue. It's like he takes One Piece too seriously and gets pissed every time the manga does something he doesn't like
Yeah he's really been extreme lately. Ironically I called him out recently for being toxic and he denied it but then today and recently I've seen them calling people "faggots" and just being so aggressive/hostile and insulting people a lot. I'm really starting to get fed up of certain people and their behaviour on here. I can only imagine what they're saying elsewhere too, where I've seen much worse too.

It's like dealing with a much worse version of Drizzt too. At least Drizzt despite his overwhelming cynicism is respectful, mature, friendly and such. I've never seen him lash out like that and I've had great conversations and laughs with him before. But Seth has really disappointed me with their behaviour.

They're not the only one either ofc, there's a certain few people who I am fed up of, who are crossing the line and saying things that are way too far/extreme. It surprises me that they're not even banned for that, at least temporarily. I've not checked up on their posts since I saw them but I am hoping they removed and warned for their behaviour but I'm not really sure if they were ofc.

It's really childish, pathetic/petty and even homphobic behaviour when they start resorting to calling each other gay and even "faggots" too. I haven't seen shitty behaviour like that since high school.

I get pissed off a lot too, I vent but I still try to be respectful where I can. I am also fed up with the manga and Oda but I try to maintain standards. I wish these verbal extremists could do the same.

I've seen a bunch of people really insulting each other and being so petty on here lately too, it's disappointing, it feels like people have gotten worse in behaviour on here since when I first joined almost exactly a year ago now.

I hope we can see Zoro mother too, would be dope if she has green hair.
I used to joke it was Toki but it makes the Hiyori ship extremely awkward if so LMAO! Oda don't pull a Star Wars or Game of Thrones on us!

Seriously though, I've been excited to see more green haired characters in OP especially Zoro's parents, at least one of them having green hair ofc? Blue and green hair are the rarest colours in OP I think so I also think that is gonna be important somehow in future? I think orange hair as well?

I fear both Zoro's parents are both dead unfortunately and he might even be the last of his family/lineage? Or his family are "lost" somewhere and it turns the lost Zoro character quirk of his and jokes into something much more tragic, plot relevant and meaningful? Maybe "lost in time" even? We've not even seen any semblance of Roronoas mentioned at Wano either which makes me very confused too...I did wonder if Roronoa or even Roronoa Zoro could be a fake name given to Zoro to try to protect him?

:zorothink:
:nicagesmile::chopoff::emohiyo::usoprice:
Post automatically merged:

Commando Sanji - "Get to the Chopper!"

Chopper: "Wait what!?"

:sanmoji::chopoff::milaugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, that's clearly cherry picking lol. There are plenty of times we're the "obvious" has been the right answer too.

People overwhelmingly "guessed" Kanjuro was the traitor, and he was. People guessed Kawamatsu was a "Kappa" and he was. People guessed Denjiro was Kyoshiro, and he was. People guessed the classic Zoro/Sanji matchups and they were right.

The list goes on and on. Just because something is clear or obvious, does not mean Oda is subverting expectations. In fact, the bigger mystery is fundamentally Zoro's upbringing.

We are clearly looking at spitting images of Zoro via Ushimaru and Ryuma. I'm not sure why you think isn't a direct descendant. I mean we know what Koushiro and Yasue look like. Both Shimotsuki and yet look nothing like Ushimaru or Ryuma.
People guessed these things, without there being blaring hints in favor of them. People guessed Denjiro was Kyoshiro before we ever even saw Kyoshiro. People speculated every one of the Scabbards were the traitor, some were right, others were wrong. People guessed Kawamatsu was a multitude of things, and Kappa was the correct answer.

It's not like Oda was drawing Kanjuro doing a bunch of shady shit. He didn't draw any kind of connections between Denjiro and Kyoshiro to make it blatantly obvious. He wasn't drawing Kappa's all over the place to signify Kawamatsu was one.

Zoro and Sanji's opponents are a formula Oda has been following for decades. It's not something new, or something he shakes up every once and awhile.

These are in no way shape or form like the instance we have here.

Again, Ushimaru could have a brother or a sister, which would make them direct descendants of Ryuma also. If Ushimaru's father or grandfather was part of the Shimotsuki clan voyage to East Blue, he's still a direct descendant of Ryuma also. If he had a kid in East Blue, and that kid had a kid who was Zoro, it would still make Zoro a direct Descendant of Ryuma.

You're acting like Ushimaru is the only option, when it's clearly not. If Ushimarus father had 50 kids, all 50 of those kids would be direct descendants of Ryuma.

@Celestial D. Dragon but ushi was 3 swordstyle?
that s why kawamatsu said that their style is similar
even ushis 2 swordstyle looks like oni giri
@Paperchampion23 if mf thinks zoro is not related to ushi they been reading 2 piece
No one is saying Zoro isn't related to Ushimaru.

And that seems to be correct, the third Sword was added by Zoro, which makes it his own unique style.

Status
Not open for further replies.