News One Piece: Vivre Card (Data book)-Discussion Thread

Even the Sanji fan translation literally says he outranks that other Calamities which clearly means he officially holds highest authority after Kaido.

Katakuri merely getting introduced separately means he's special, but King officially having highest rank doesn't mean anything.:milaugh:
King does not "officially" have the highest rank. Kaido's top 3 people are the Calamities/All Stars. That's it. With Jack in Zou they were literally introduced as "One of Kaido's right hand men".

VCs are just re-iterating shit based on bounties. No new info here. If King was the highest ranked, they wouldn't shit on him from the Tobi Roppo to Queen. The only who respects him is Jack, and that's just based on his age.

King, Queen and Jack all have the same rank in the Beast Pirates which is "Ookanban/All Star" (i.e. the highest executive position in the beast pirates). King doesn't have separate superior rank to the other two.
Yep.

King, Queen and Jack all have the same rank in the Beast Pirates which is "Ookanban/All Star" (i.e. the highest executive position in the beast pirates). King doesn't have separate superior rank to the other two.
King is called Head (筆頭/hittō) of all-stars, no?

His rank is still all-stars, but he's definitely stated to have more of a superior standing than others. On top of being stronger.

He's also called Kaido's right-hand. That alone puts him at higher standing.

It's like how Marco is a Commander, but obviously had higher standing than other commanders.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Bruh, that is exactly like saying Katakuri, Smoothie and Cracker have the same rank in the Big Mom Pirates which is the Sweet Commander and one can say that Katakuri doesn't have a separate superior rank to the other two. That doesn't mean that King is in the same rank as Queen and Jack since they call him the Top of the All Stars, exactly like how Katakuri is the Top of the Sweet Commanders.

King does not "officially" have the highest rank. Kaido's top 3 people are the Calamities/All Stars. That's it. With Jack in Zou they were literally introduced as "One of Kaido's right hand men".

VCs are just re-iterating shit based on bounties. No new info here. If King was the highest ranked, they wouldn't shit on him from the Tobi Roppo to Queen. The only who respects him is Jack, and that's just based on his age.

Yep.
Your entire post is summed up in "My personal opinion > straight up words in VC."

Tobiroppo being arrogant and asshole is irrelevant to King's standing. Ulti was shittalking Kaido.

Flampe and fodders laughed and mocked Katakuri like he's some stray dog.

Some underlings are just fucking stupid.

King is called Head (筆頭/hittō) of all-stars, no?

His rank is still all-stars, but he's definitely stated to have more of a superior standing than others. On top of being stronger.

He's also called Kaido's right-hand. That alone puts him at higher standing.

It's like how Marco is a Commander, but obviously had higher standing than other commanders.
Oda specifically stated Division Commander number =/= rank. Marco does not have a higher rank than any other commander, even though he plays the "right hand" role. Kind of like Law/Rosinante/Vergo with Doffy's crew. Had the same rank as everyone else.

Anyhow, I wouldn't take anything seriously in Vivre Cards unless it's brand new information. That's the only way we know it's from Oda. This seems like regurgitated stuff.

Tobiroppo being arrogant and asshole is irrelevant to King's standing.
No it isn't. You don't talk back to someone of a higher rank in serious matters.

Bruh, that is exactly like saying Katakuri, Smoothie and Cracker have the same rank in the Big Mom Pirates which is the Sweet Commander and one can say that Katakuri doesn't have a separate superior rank to the other two. That doesn't mean that King is in the same rank as Queen and Jack since they call him the Top of the All Stars, exactly like how Katakuri is the Top of the Sweet Commanders.
I used "Top" in the same context as you'd use in a class with the brightest student. My bad if it was confusing🙏🏿. King is not the leader of the "All Stars". At least not in the sense that he outranks the others. Ability-wise he leads the others. If we really have to use that term lol

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Well, You can hold more authority even if you don't have a separate designation. King's introduction is literally him scolding Jack, a fellow All-Start, for his failures and instructing him about their new business deals. He also berated Queen, although he didn't seem to care. I don't see why he'd middle with their business, when they have equal authority, if it doesn't concern him.

Also, It makes no sense to call King the strongest All-Star when it says he is next to only Kaido strength in the very next line.

Well, You can hold more authority even if you don't have a separate designation. King's introduction is literally him scolding Jack, a fellow All-Start, for his failures and instructing him about their new business deals. He also berated Queen, although he didn't seem to care. I don't see why he'd middle with their business, when they have equal authority, if it doesn't concern him.

Also, It makes no sense to call King the strongest All-Stars when it says he is next to only Kaido strength in the very next line.
VCs are mostly regurgitated garbage having nothing to do with Oda. Stop pretending like Oda is writing everything. Greg worked on them, and stated they're full of errors.

Only time you should take VCs seriously, is when they introduce brand new info that was not in the manga (bounties, CoC).

King is also shown in story to take charge of the situation when Kaido isn't around. He was ordering around the calamities and the Tobi Roppo when the situation was getting serious.
No it isn't. You don't talk back to someone of a higher rank in serious matters.
They are talking back to King because they are competing for King's position. Kaido's crew is a meritocracy, so it makes sense that they are not on good terms with their higher ups, who they are trying to knock off.

Also, It makes no sense to call King the strongest All-Start when it says he is next to only Kaido strength in the very next line.
I don't really feel like debating this :catsweat:. If you don't agree with it fair enuff. I've already translated it the best I can 🙏🏿

Last edited:
King is also shown in story to take charge of the situation when Kaido isn't around. He was ordering around the calamities and the Tobi Roppo when the situation was getting serious.

They are talking back to King because they are competing for King's position. Kaido's crew is a meritocracy, so it makes sense that they are not on good terms with their higher ups, who they are trying to knock off.
If King had a Rayleigh-type of standing, no one would talk back to him.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
If King had a Rayleigh-type of standing, no one would talk back to him.
except that the Roger Pirates were a tightly knit group like the strawhats and the crew members actually respected each other.

King is respected in the Beast Pirates just like if not more than Katakuri in the Big Mom Pirates.
If you're gonna talk about the Tobi Roppo's attitude, also talk about how Perospero considers himself above Katakuri and how trash level fodders and Flampe spit on Katakuri's face and treat him like a dog.