General & Others Wano isn't ending until late 2023 - early 2024 (manga)

There won’t be any long flashbacks until after the raid is over, because it will interrupt the flow too much. That’s why Yamato‘s story is getting told in bits and pieces instead of all at once.

Villains don’t often get flashbacks and when they do they aren’t long, so there’s not much reason to expect anything huge from Kaido’s.

The fights are all setup (half have finished) and should be, Yonko aside, finished in the next ten chapters which make up one volume. And there’s no guarantee that anyone other than the Strawhats and Kid/Law will get more than one chapter for a fight- some might not even get a full chapter, given how some of the fights are done.

I don’t think the war/raid will last any longer than twenty chapters, that’s getting rattled through quickly. It’s just going to be a case of good guy beating bad guy for the rest of the raid, that won’t take long, like the Flying Six fights didn’t take long.

Post war could take some time but that doesn’t bother me since that’s really a chunk of chapters to both wrap up the last chunk of OP and setup the final phase of the entire series.

Now Lee it isn't kind to call people idiots. They are just sharing their predictions of when Wano will end. What you are doing is called an ad hominem, and by doing so is taking away your validation as someone who critiques Oda and One Piece. Instead people will just respond that you are a hater.

To answer your question, I really don't know. Some of the fights could end quicker then we think. But some will definitely drag.

I do want a post Wano arc where the SHs have time to recover. They have been with Momo for a while, so it would be cool to see them help Wano transition from Kaido and Orochi's rule to Momo's rule. Mainly I hope that Oda uses a post Wano arc for the SHs to share information that they have learned during their fights. For example, I think it would be interesting if Jinbei told Luffy that his fruit is special. There's a lot of lore that has been dropped, and it would be cool to see the SHs try to piece it all together. That way Oda can give me two things I really want. SHs interacting with one another and answers to some of the stories mysteries.

Now Lee it isn't kind to call people idiots. They are just sharing their predictions of when Wano will end. What you are doing is called an ad hominem, and by doing so is taking away your validation as someone who critiques Oda and One Piece. Instead people will just respond that you are a hater..
I am sorry but these people are indeed idiots. They can't even do basic counting. Anyone who thinks Wano is going to end in 20 chapters are idiots. We still didn't have a Kaido backstory, Big Mom wanting the red ponelgyph, King and Queen, so many things and yet they continue to say it is going to end in 20 chapters. Kaido’s fight alone is going to take at least 20 chapters.

It took 8 months just to defeat Katakuri. A single character took 8 months. Now we all know Zoans have "insane durability" which means when Kaido gets defeated he is just going to get back up. Same goes with Queen and King. Unless Oda wants to retcon Zoan's devil fruit then there is no way this arc ending before 2023. That means Wano will last from 2018-2024 and yet fanboys still yell "you gotta be patient". People literally get there PHD in 6 years and Oda needs 6 years to write a single arc. This is getting pathetic.
Except Kaido has literally been fighting since chapter 986. If you argue that the scabbards don't matter, then he has been fighting since chapter 1000 almost non stop, tell me how many months that took.

I am sorry but these people are indeed idiots. They can't even do basic counting. Anyone who thinks Wano is going to end in 20 chapters are idiots. We still didn't have a Kaido backstory, Big Mom wanting the red ponelgyph, King and Queen, so many things and yet they continue to say it is going to end in 20 chapters. Kaido’s fight alone is going to take at least 20 chapters.
Saying your sorry and still calling people idiots isn't an apology.

I think Yamato and Kaido's backstory will be told simultaneously. Yes, that and the Kaido fight are going to take a plethora of chapters. I do not know if people are taking in to account Oda's breaks and Jump's breaks as well.

I don't think it would be fair to say Luffy vs Katakuri took 8 months so Luffy vs Kaido has to take just as much or longer, the structure of the arcs is fundamentally different.

That one took so long because the majority of it took part in bits and pieces while the other events of the escape were taking place, on an arc were there were no other duels or 1v1 fights aside from Luffy's, so it was pretty much the only source of focused action during the climax of the arc. Not to mention a large part of it was also treated as a training for Luffy, to the point that it lasted over 12 hours in-universe.

Here we've had Kaido fighting different people for like over 30 chapters now, on an arc with a more traditional structure. We have the usual "Climb up the ladder of subordinates until only the main antagonist is left to defeat", and if the Tobi Roppo fights were any indication, those remaining fights can go down very quickly once we get to the chapters focused mainly on them. The fight also can't last several more hours in-universe since i think we can all agree that Oda is setting up the dawn to be the time where Kaido finally goes down.

We've had Luffy defeated for a second time, he's unlocked what seems to be the key to victory against Kaido and probably still has a new transformation up his sleeve. Even Luffy vs Katakuri only lasted like 2 more chapters once we got to the point where Luffy used a new transformation.

20 chapters??? Hmmmm idk that's a lot of content. Oda usually spends 1 chapter or 2 on fights so honestly The fights downstairs can probably be resolved in like 12 chapters. so that leaves about 8 chapters of Luffy vs kaido content, Kaido flashback will probably take about 3 chapters leaving 5 chapters of straight Luffy vs kaido zenkai boost focus. Honestly it could end in 20 chapters.

“We don’t have a Kaido backstory”

Length of villain flashbacks
Morgan- nothing
Buggy- ten pages
Kuro- six pages (technically has Morgan in it as well)
Krieg- nothing
Arlong- nothing until hundreds of chapters later
Smoker- nothing
Mr 3- nothing
Wapol- comes up a bit in Chopper’s flashback but nothing much
Crocodile- nothing
Enel- nothing
Foxy- nothing
Lucci/Spandam- two pages for Lucci, nothing for Spandam
Moria- nothing
Charloss(?)- nothing
Magellan- nothing
Akainu- nothing
Hody- seven pages and a part in the big Fishman Island flashback
Caeser- three pages
Doflamingo- eight pages in Law’s flashback
Jack- nothing
Big Mom- the only one that lasts for a decent length of time, two chapters and a few pages in the chapter before and after. Katakuri had two pages

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
I don't think Wano, or at least the war, has more than a year left. King and Queen should go down fairly soon since Zoro and Sanji's fights typically get a couple chapters at most devoted to their fights, and we get a dozen or so chapters devoted to Luffy vs Kaido. We're already in the process of learning more about Yamato, and any lingering mysteries can be resolved during the post war portion of the arc.

The only big question mark for me is whether Linlin gets defeated here or later on. Her presence can really determine the length of the rest of the arc.

“We don’t have a Kaido backstory”

Length of villain flashbacks
Morgan- nothing
Buggy- ten pages
Kuro- six pages (technically has Morgan in it as well)
Krieg- nothing
Arlong- nothing until hundreds of chapters later
Smoker- nothing
Mr 3- nothing
Wapol- comes up a bit in Chopper’s flashback but nothing much
Crocodile- nothing
Enel- nothing
Foxy- nothing
Lucci/Spandam- two pages for Lucci, nothing for Spandam
Moria- nothing
Charloss(?)- nothing
Magellan- nothing
Akainu- nothing
Hody- seven pages and a part in the big Fishman Island flashback
Caeser- three pages
Doflamingo- eight pages in Law’s flashback
Jack- nothing
Big Mom- the only one that lasts for a decent length of time, two chapters and a few pages in the chapter before and after. Katakuri had two pages
Kaido is the one that has the most questions to answer, which is why people want/expect a flashback for him.

- The Oni/Ogre race. - This could be covered if we see a bit of his childhood

- What's up with his philosophy and fixation with dying. - Could tie back to the Onis but also his time with the Rocks pirates

- Why Kaido was interested in Wano in particular. - Again probably related to the onis but might also give context to why he even had Yamato and some of Wano's older history

And it's not like we're expecting a big 10+ chapter flashback like Oden's, it could be 2-3 chapters long and give enough context for
Kaido's character.

Half of you guys expected the Flying 6 to have like 3 chapters of fights each

You all overestimate shit like crazy, Wano has a good 20 chapters left if were being generous

B

BBsZehahaInTheNewWorld

Wano ain't no ending any time soon because we have to investigate Zoro's complete background properly, just like Sanji's in WCI.

Pacing is not a reason for lacking struggle and spontaniously increasing advantages of the good side.

People ignore this and won't abandon their Dragon Ball mindset, only caring for "hype" moments.

Luffy and friends get their asses wrecked soon.