Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Rise of Skywalker

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Rogue One

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Solo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think rise of skywalker is one of the worst movies ever created. It is such an obvious, soulless cash grab, it honestly just pisses me off how little thought or creativity was put into this movie.

The Last jedi wasn't perfect, but it was a good movie. It had amazing cinematography, character development, themes, and was overall, a very memorable movie for me. But for whatever reason, some radical fans absolutely resented this movie for going against their headcanons.
Post automatically merged:

I think more than anything else, episode 9 ruined the sequels. Whereas there was meaning in subverting the expectations of episode 7 in last jedi, any subversion that happens in 9 is simply to placate the crybabies who hated 8 so much.

8 set up Kylo Ren becoming the main villain of 9. He killed snoke(like palpatine killing plagueis), Luke saw so much evil in him that he wanted to kill him, and when he confronted Luke in 8, Luke didn't try to "see the good in him" like he did for darth vader.

But instead of that, we got palpatine 2, which literally ruins the entire series by destroying the underlying subplot across both the prequels and sequels of anakin being the chosen one. Anakin was always supposed to kill palpatine, but now apparently not.

Like yeah, I get Johnson didn't really create any big foreshadowings for a sequel plot, but that doesn't mean that episode 9 needed to try as hard as possible to retcon episode 8.

Also, the rey skywalker scene was perhaps the worst scene in all of film

Not only is it stupid, cringe, and nonsensical, it literally ruins Rey's character. One of her biggest motives was trying to reconnect with her parents. If they were going with the Rey is a palpatine idea, they should have had her call herself "Rey Palpatine" at the end, in tribute to her parents who tried to save her from Sheev. No, instead she basically disowns her parents for what her grandfather did. Instead of accepting who she is, and who her parents were, she takes on the name of a guy she barely knew and didn't even have a good relationship with.

Last edited:
I think rise of skywalker is one of the worst movies ever created. It is such an obvious, soulless cash grab, it honestly just pisses me off how little thought or creativity was put into this movie.

The Last jedi wasn't perfect, but it was a good movie. It had amazing cinematography, character development, themes, and was overall, a very memorable movie for me. But for whatever reason, some radical fans absolutely resented this movie for going against their headcanons.

I think more than anything else, episode 9 ruined the sequels. Whereas there was meaning in subverting the expectations of episode 7 in last jedi, any subversion that happens in 9 is simply to placate the crybabies who hated 8 so much.

8 set up Kylo Ren becoming the main villain of 9. He killed snoke(like palpatine killing plagueis), Luke saw so much evil in him that he wanted to kill him, and when he confronted Luke in 8, Luke didn't try to "see the good in him" like he did for darth vader.

But instead of that, we got palpatine 2, which literally ruins the entire series by destroying the underlying subplot across both the prequels and sequels of anakin being the chosen one. Anakin was always supposed to kill palpatine, but now apparently not.

Like yeah, I get Johnson didn't really create any big foreshadowings for a sequel plot, but that doesn't mean that episode 9 needed to try as hard as possible to retcon episode 8.

Also, the rey skywalker scene was perhaps the worst scene in all of film

Not only is it stupid, cringe, and nonsensical, it literally ruins Rey's character. One of her biggest motives was trying to reconnect with her parents. If they were going with the Rey is a palpatine idea, they should have had her call herself "Rey Palpatine" at the end, in tribute to her parents who tried to save her from Sheev. No, instead she basically disowns her parents for what her grandfather did. Instead of accepting who she is, and who her parents were, she takes on the name of a guy she barely knew and didn't even have a good relationship with.
Last jedi was such a garbage I don't have any words for it

--Luke is trash and given up on jedi and the story behind is lackluster

--Rey can use force on a high level without any training/barely and this was before movie 9 came out so no diad

--Snoke is trash

--Rey's parents are no body

It destroyed everything force awakens set up ; created it own rules and subverted expectations

This vid explains perfectly --

Last jedi was such a garbage I don't have any words for it

--Luke is trash and given up on jedi and the story behind is lackluster

--Rey can use force on a high level without any training/barely and this was before movie 9 came out so no diad

--Snoke is trash

--Rey's parents are no body

It destroyed everything force awakens set up ; created it own rules and subverted expectations
Subverting expectations from the force awakens doesn't inherently make it a bad movie

• Luke was the hero of the movie. Him giving up on the jedi at the beginning was something force awakens had already set up. Literally why else would he just fuck off to a remote planet when kylo was trying to conquer the galaxy.
  • Rey being a force prodigy was something force awakens also set up. In this movie, she's honestly much less of a mary sue than in the others. The force doesn't just conveniently bail her out of tough situations.
  • Kylo Ren was a much more interesting character than Snoke and would have probably been a better final villain if JJ didn't asspull palpatine into the story.
  • Rey's parents being nobody fits with a major theme of the story. About how you can be a jedi even if you come from nothing. Ben was a Solo and a Skywalker, he's literally related to all of the main cast of the original movie. And yet he was evil. Rey coming from nothing would serve as the perfect foil to Ben.
Rise of Skywalker is an objectively bad movie. Palpatine's return was an asspull which ruins a major plot point of both the prequels and the originals where Anakin was supposed to be the one to defeat him. Finn's character is ruined, he spends 90% of the movie being a cheerleader for Rey and screaming her name for no reason. "Rey Skywalker" sounds like something from a fanfic and is trash writing.

Subverting expectations from the force awakens doesn't inherently make it a bad movie

• Luke was the hero of the movie. Him giving up on the jedi at the beginning was something force awakens had already set up. Literally why else would he just fuck off to a remote planet when kylo was trying to conquer the galaxy.
  • Rey being a force prodigy was something force awakens also set up. In this movie, she's honestly much less of a mary sue than in the others. The force doesn't just conveniently bail her out of tough situations.
  • Kylo Ren was a much more interesting character than Snoke and would have probably been a better final villain if JJ didn't asspull palpatine into the story.
  • Rey's parents being nobody fits with a major theme of the story. About how you can be a jedi even if you come from nothing. Ben was a Solo and a Skywalker, he's literally related to all of the main cast of the original movie. And yet he was evil. Rey coming from nothing would serve as the perfect foil to Ben.
Rise of Skywalker is an objectively bad movie. Palpatine's return was an asspull which ruins a major plot point of both the prequels and the originals where Anakin was supposed to be the one to defeat him. Finn's character is ruined, he spends 90% of the movie being a cheerleader for Rey and screaming her name for no reason. "Rey Skywalker" sounds like something from a fanfic and is trash writing.
--Rise of skywalker is bad but it is still >>>>>> The last jedi for me ; I had huge expectations for it and the disappointment was also huge

--I have never been so upset about a movie as I have been about the last jedi

I had huge expectations for it and the disappointment was also huge
Well see that's your problem. You're not criticizing the movie objectively, you are criticizing it as a fanboy.

This is basically a fact: The Rise of Skywalker was an unapologetic cash grab with little to no creative thought put behind it.

Rian Johnson might not have wrote the best sequel, but he tried really hard to make a good movie. And this is evident imo. The movie was absolutely beautiful, visually speaking. It had themes, it had character development, it was meaningful.

What the fuck is the meaning behind "Rey Skywalker"? It was just stupid and cringe, and yet for whatever reason JJ named the entire movie after that scene.

Well see that's your problem. You're not criticizing the movie objectively, you are criticizing it as a fanboy.

This is basically a fact: The Rise of Skywalker was an unapologetic cash grab with little to no creative thought put behind it.

Rian Johnson might not have wrote the best sequel, but he tried really hard to make a good movie. And this is evident imo. The movie was absolutely beautiful, visually speaking. It had themes, it had character development, it was meaningful.

What the fuck is the meaning behind "Rey Skywalker"? It was just stupid and cringe, and yet for whatever reason JJ named the entire movie after that scene.
--I am not saying rise of skywalker is good ; but last jedi is beyond garbage -- Watch the entire Video and you will know the probs I have with it

--You are acting like a typical fanboy who likes the last jedi lmfao

I like Kyle ren as character.
Although most people say Rey beat kylo which I disagree. Rey did not beat him in fair 1 vs 1 fight.

Both have good force talents but poor sword skill compare to past Jedi and sith.

i pretty enjoy all Star Wars movies. I know it is not perfect but I enjoy it.
That is my opinion.

Last edited:

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I’m always surprised by how a lot of people enjoyed Rogue One. In person it’s usually top 5 and online people adore it. Tbh I think it’s one of the worst Disney movies

Last edited: