Status
Not open for further replies.
When your enjoyment of the series get wavered simply because Jack lost to Sulong Inu when:

1) Jack was not able to defeat neither of the dukes without his poison gas
2) The dukes said that Jack would stand no chance against their sulong forms, and this claim makes absolute sense given how someone as weak as carrot is able to do what she did in WCI and how she and Wanda were only defeated by Perospero because the moon was instructed. A sulong Neko and Inu and massively more powerful than their regular selves.
3) Inu was fighting off Jack and fodders at the same time

If your enjoyment is tied to that and you completely disregard things being set up, that's not on Oda, that's on you for wanking someone like Jack when Oda gave nothing to say Jack was outright stronger than the dukes.
First off, just because something makes sense doesn’t mean it’s fulfilling or satisfying. Also, it’s not just Jack that’s causing my enjoyment to wane, it’s the fact that Jack is the latest in a series of antagonists to be disappointing.

Page One, Ulti, Who’s Who, Black Maria, and Sasaki were all so underwhelming that 90% of the community didn’t believe they actually got defeated.

Now Perospero and Jack are joining the ranks.

If the trend continues, and ALL of the beast pirate executives get treated like this it’ll be a pretty big problem.

If KAIDO or BIG MOM get treated like this then it’s pretty undeniably story breaking

What about: "No one fucks with WB pirates"? What about Oden's family?

This is the biggest false hype proven wrong twice. WB was all omg don't attack WBP or WB wrath will get you.

Oden and Thatch died and he did nothing to the people that take them out.
You also forget that very mentality explains WB’s behavior. He’s obviously flawed to a degree because he loves his family so much. You think he’s gonna risk losing everyone for revenge? Ace was still alive, and oden wasn’t. He did the same with thatch, he knows blind rage would not lead to anything good. Pride wasn’t really the core of WB’s character, that was all just his facade, he won’t risk losing his family for a useless reason.

From TalkOP:

“天王山之战”这个词的来源于1582年6月的山崎之战,用来形容番棋中的关键一盘,如三番棋中的第二盘。后来这个典故得到了引申,很多系列赛的关键场次也被形容成“天王山之战”。
山崎之战,又成天王山之战发生在公元1582年。明智光秀发动本能寺之变后,正在进行西国攻略的羽柴秀吉立刻率军返回畿内,在山崎与明智光秀展开决战,最终击败明智军。此战也奠定了秀吉日后统一日本的基础。
From what I can gather (don't think this to be 100% accurate, at all)
The term "Battle of Tianwangshan" (Referring to the title of chapter) is derived from the Battle of Yamazaki in June 1582 and is used to describe the key game of Fanqi, such as the second game of Sanfanqi. Later, this allusion was extended, and many key games in the series were also described as "the battle of Tianwangshan."
The battle of Yamazaki, and the battle of Chengtianwangshan took place in 1582 AD. After Akechi Mitsuhide initiates the change of Inno-ji Temple, Hideyoshi Hashiba, who is currently in the process of the Western country strategy, immediately leads his army back to Kinai, starts a decisive battle with Akechi Mitsuhide in Yamazaki, and finally defeats the Akechi Army. This battle also laid the foundation for Hideyoshi's future unification of Japan.

WB was afraid because at best he was leaving out of Wano with only Jozu and Marco alive after getting revenge and considering his priority is living with his family the math didn't work out for him with a crew of jobbers.
Exactly, why would he risk his family's lives for literally nothing, Whitebeard is not the vengeful type, people seemingly think he is for some unknown reason.

You didn't understand me.

The fake hype around WB crew was that if you even try at them you will get the wrath of the whole "family" at them.

It was proven bullshit with Oden and Thatch.

WB's hype is fake. He was goated but it is sad that his crew was such a bunch of useless pricks.
This is what Mihawk fans need to fear, 90% of all reputations crumble in One Piece, whether you're someone known for a million plans, undefeated, greatest threat of the seas or the ultimate big dick pirate.

He cut him using a sword....
Yet Kaido showed 10x the reaction just from an advanced Armament attack.

Luffy's attacks cause internal damage not external. Yet when you put his reaction to Asura next to this it looks pretty insignificant in terms of the effect it has on Kaido.
Soo what if he used a sword? By that logic all Luffy's atacks are invalid since he is using his DF+gears.

Internal or not, dosent matter, if Zoro had hit Kaido as much as Luffy did the fight would be over already.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
This is what Mihawk fans need to fear, 90% of all reputations crumble in One Piece, whether you're someone known for a million plans, undefeated, greatest threat of the seas or the ultimate big dick pirate.
Ofc I fear this as a Mihawk fan. We are talking about Oda here.

Kaido actually bounced back but early onigashima he was poorly showcasing his dominance as a Top Tier.

Worstgen is yelling into the void about spoilers? Why, it must be a day ending in y!

Why are people acting like Luffy defeated Kaido and the arc is now over? There's still quite a few things to cover. I really want to know more about following: (In no particular order)

1. Sun God Nika and their connection to Joy boy?
2. Why is the Gomu Gomu no mi so important? Was its importance mentioned in Ennies Lobby or any other arc?
3. Will I learn more about the importance of Wano's gold?
4. What's going on with Sanji? I don't even know questions I am supposed to ask!
5. What exactly is Zoro's backstory or connection with Wano?

When will my questions be answered? So many hints are being sprinkled throughout Wano but no definite answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.