Strongest YC1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
King and Marco's speed is severely underrated IMO. They are really fast (faster than Snakeman and the limit of what Katakuri could dodge IMO).

Reminder that Marco was keeping up with Kizaru's speed during Marineford. King beat him so at the very least his speed is comparable to Marco's.

King and Marco's speed is severely underrated IMO. They are really fast (faster than Snakeman and the limit of what Katakuri could dodge IMO).
How King and Marco is shown faster than Snakeman or Katakuri? There is no panel showing that. When did Marco keep up with Kizaru speed? As far as I remember, Marco just tanked yasakuni no magatama attack from Kizaru without dodging because of his regen. How does that equate to Marco keeping up with Kizaru? Show me the speed feat of King. From whatever seen in manga, there ain't any.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
How King and Marco is shown faster than Snakeman or Katakuri? There is no panel showing that. When did Marco keep up with Kizaru speed? As far as I remember, Marco just tanked yasakuni no magatama attack from Kizaru without dodging because of his regen. How does that equate to Marco keeping up with Kizaru? Show me the speed feat of King. From whatever seen in manga, there ain't any.
I'm quoting my reasoning here from another post on the same discussion.
Marco possess immense speed shown when he fought at Marineford based off these feats.

- Kept up with Kizaru throughout the entire battle with no signs of struggle. (Although I really don't think Kizaru was going all out here).
- Blocked Yasakani no Magatama seemingly out of nowhere. Reminder that it is an attack which is aimed at Whitebeard, a top tier, and should be significantly faster than a casual laser.
- Kicked Aokiji with ease, catching him offguard while bypassing his CoO. Let me also remind you that the Admirals have really heightened sense of Observation, as they could seemingly sense the Moby Dick coming out in the middle of the bay from underwater, before the others.
- Stopping Akainu's attack on Luffy, again from seemingly out of nowhere.
- He also explicitly told that it was his time to show off and that he would've saved Ace regardless when Crocodile saved Ace out of the blue. Marco was shown to be pretty far away from the execution stand as well, which gives a good testament about his speed.

Talking about Kizaru, this is what his Vivre Card post Marineford suggests. I don't necessarily trust Artur's translations completely but this what we have on our hands to go off of.
They do mention that only those who are very good with observation would be able to spot him. I don't know what "spot him" means in that context, but a logical assumption would be to have good observation to see him when he moves at that speed and good speed to keep up with him during the fight for Marco in Marineford.
Kizaru is the fastest character in the series and Marco could keep up with him during Marineford, although I don't think Kizaru went all out. Now whether Snakeman and Katakuri's dodging speed are in the same tier as Kizaru's speed is highly questionable. I wouldn't really put Snakeman over both Kizaru and Marco and by extension they both are over Katakuri as well, unless the manga shows otherwise ofcourse.

King has already shown lot of impressive speed feats in the series. Once again, quoting from another reply of mine.
And even that Flame Punch from King which Sanji hoped to intercept, had to be blocked by Marco. At the very least, a severly bruised up and tired Marco is significantly faster than Sanji, again another super fast character.

King also outpaced Raid Suit Sanji, when he saved and was carrying Momonosuke, when King caught up to him and kicked him.

King has been shown to be a really fast character.
Apart from these, the fact that he was able to keep up with Marco, one of the fastest characters in the series, says a lot about his speed IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.