Strongest YC1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doflamingo was throwing base Luffy around but got thrown around by Boundman.
Katakuri, a YC1, was throwing Boundman around. And King is very much comparable, if not stronger, than Katakuri.
I'm going to say its a little more complicated. Boundman was physically a lot stronger than Katakuri, and Katakuri adopted a sort of "Doffy awakening" type fighting style, but better to confront Boundman.
Post automatically merged:

Does that mean I can discuss in my King thread?

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
I'm going to say its a little more complicated. Boundman was physically a lot stronger than Katakuri, and Katakuri adopted a sort of "Doffy awakening" type fighting style, but better to confront Boundman.
Yeah my argument there was more like a weak attempt at getting some parallels off lol. Ofcourse Doflamingo took Gamma Knife and lot of attacks before Boundman came into play. But I still don't see him be comparable to Katakuri or King for that matter.

@playa4321 boundman tossed Katakuri around too. Matching boundman in physical strength, especially for high tiers, is impossible. Especially for those who aren't ancient Zoans. It was Doffy's mistake to try and go into CqC with him.

Would current Zoro struggle against Doffy? Absolutely, I think, given Doffy's wayof fighting. Staying mid air from long range while spamming a city worth of strings from all directions while controlling the ground and restraining him.

Not like Zoro would just walk through it and one shot Doffy with a clean shot. Given Doffy could stitch together his organs that got torn into pieces, he could even reduce the damage from Zoro's attacks by stitching the wounds together.

Inb4 people say Zoro will split Doffy into pieces. That is not going to happen unless he has a clean, free shot to the neck or limbs. And we know Doffy could do the same with a clean, free shot (like he cut off Law's arm).

People just tend to underestimate the opponents Luffy beat. It's the same with Katakuri, where he is suddenly the weakest YC1.

Kaido also commented about how the scabbards were able to pierce him. Saying Luffy user barrier Armament when he can use Internal Destruction effectively means he was sandbagging himself and makes absolutely no sense.

@Raughtale summed it up perfectly IMO.

If you expect Kaido's organs to burst out open like what happened to that tree and that to be shown on panel, then clearly you are expecting too much out of One Piece and Oda. Pre timsekip Luffy was able to hit Crocodile through an entire Bedrock and then punch him out but we see no organs bursting from him.
- scabbards' pierce was barrier haki, they couldnt do internal destruction as Hyogoro said that Luffy's grade of CoA is beyond anything Hyo could teach him (or do), so if Scabbards can damage him with barrier, Luffy also can

- not using internal destruction to fight Kaidou, is the same case of not using G4 to finish Hody when an island is at stake. If there's no confirmation art-wise as feats (CoC= black lightning, AdvCoC= no-touch black lightning, etc) or comments about it (portrayal), i don't see Luffy ever using it

- Nah i dont expect Kaidou's organ to burst out, but if Scabbards can pierce Kaidou bleeding etc with barrier haki, Luffy using internal destruction haki in Red Roc should give Kaidou a damage a level above that and also above everyone else. While Red Roc didn't show it. It gave a lil bruise.

Yeah my argument there was more like a weak attempt at getting some parallels off lol. Ofcourse Doflamingo took Gamma Knife and lot of attacks before Boundman came into play. But I still don't see him be comparable to Katakuri or King for that matter.
Yeah, I think Doffy is weaker Katakuri, but that pretty much sums it up. His awakening is less refined than Katakuri's, and he doesn't have anything like FS like Kata does, and physically, he isn't a match for Boundman head on.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
- not using internal destruction to fight Kaidou, is the same case of not using G4 to finish Hody when an island is at stake. If there's no confirmation art-wise as feats (CoC= black lightning, AdvCoC= no-touch black lightning, etc) or comments about it (portrayal), i don't see Luffy ever using it

- Nah i dont expect Kaidou's organ to burst out, but if Scabbards can pierce Kaidou bleeding etc with barrier haki, Luffy using internal destruction haki in Red Roc should give Kaidou a damage a level above that and also above everyone else. While Red Roc didn't show it. It gave a lil bruise.
Luffy did significantly more damage than all of the scabbards combined. He absolutely used internal destruction

Status
Not open for further replies.