Strongest YC1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He used AdCOA on Kaido, it was too shallow according to Luffy himself. I agree with the rest, though I don't think "Luffy held back" theme applies to Kaido when we literally saw him use G4 and still fail to do anything to him. So the only logical explanation is either Luffy's base has gotten a boost or Kaido is just weakened or this is like one of those dumb humiliations that BM had to do through like others pointed out.
No he didnt mention internal stuff when he said too shallow, it was vague etc so i don't believe that. Especially when his Red Roc bruised Kaidou (a sign of external damage instead of internal). Even with G4, the impact was external. Kaidou was pushed around by external force, but no sign or art depiction of internal damage, but the external pressure was much more dominant (Kaidou pushed away from Luffy, but Luffy damaged the tree and the impact penetrate through the tree without damaging the tree's front side), etc. Luffy stalled Kaidou+BM with unending stamina while the other rooftop fighters struggled to just stand, AdvCoC Ragnarok literally inflicted minor damage to Luffy so its a sign of Luffy's actual durability, Yamato said Luffy's so strong and he still held back...i could go on but tldr i'd just say Luffy saved his energy in order to make sure he can beat Kaidou when he had the surefire-kill weapon, CoC Coat skysplitter.

...the other alternative for me would be plot restriction or Oda kept Luffy's powerlevel down to the trashcan, so he can jump it back up when it matters the most lol

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
No he didnt mention internal stuff when he said too shallow, it was vague etc so i don't believe that. Especially when his Red Roc bruised Kaidou (a sign of external damage instead of internal)
The damage was internal, the external bruises were from the flames around Red Roc.

Even with G4, the impact was external. Kaidou was pushed around by external force, but no sign or art depiction of internal damage, but the external pressure was much more dominant (Kaidou pushed away from Luffy, but Luffy damaged the tree and the impact penetrate through the tree without damaging the tree's front side), etc.
Nope it was internal because we clearly were shown that external attacks no matter how strong they are don't affect Kaido during Act 1. And Luffy never punched that tree, he just pushed his haki out and through the tree. But every single one of his hits on Kaido were actual punches. They are not the same.

No he didnt mention internal stuff when he said too shallow, it was vague etc so i don't believe that.
This is the issue then, we might need a poll but I think most would agree it's implied Luffy was using what he learned in Udon and that's precisely why Kaido is shocked he could be damaged (shallow but still damage), Kaido's internal organs wouldn't explode like the tree any more than people exploded pre time skip because Luffy could explode rocks with punches.

Nope it was internal because we clearly were shown that external attacks no matter how strong they are don't affect Kaido during Act 1. And Luffy never punched that tree, he just pushed his haki out and through the tree. But every single one of his hits on Kaido were actual punches. They are not the same.
I mean, yeah, but they've also been ryou infused. Even in the kong gun to Kaido's gut in 1001, you can see Kaido cough up a little bit of blood.

The damage was internal, the external bruises were from the flames around Red Roc.

Nah, scabbards also pierced Kaidou with external damage (barrier CoA), so imo Luffy used barrier CoA. If there was internal damage, there should be an art depiction or comment about it from Kaidou, but we get none. Simply "a punch damaged me?" Implying it was the punch (external) that damage him, not some internal forces happening.

Same with G4, external damage was shown from Kaidou being pushed/pressured etc more, way more dominantly than some internal explosion that happens with the use of Rupture-Rupture no Mi for example. If Kaidou was thrown around rather than being bloated by explosion or similar depiction to the tree, it supports my view of whether (Luffy saved his energy just like literally when against every other arc boss villain) or (Luffy's powerlevel being restricted by Oda, which also happens often)

This is the issue then, we might need a poll but I think most would agree it's implied Luffy was using what he learned in Udon and that's precisely why Kaido is shocked he could be damaged (shallow but still damage), Kaido's internal organs wouldn't explode like the tree any more than people exploded pre time skip because Luffy could explode rocks with punches.
I reckon damaging a soft internal organ unprotected by muscle or haki is much easier than damaging a muscle protected with haki, so if he bruised Kaidou using internal damage, Kaidou's organs like brain or spinal cord something should suffer much more intense damage. Well i doubt Oda even consider that but still...

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Nah, scabbards also pierced Kaidou with external damage (barrier CoA), so imo Luffy used barrier CoA. If there was internal damage, there should be an art depiction or comment about it from Kaidou, but we get none. Simply "a punch damaged me?" Implying it was the punch (external) that damage him, not some internal forces happening.
Kaido also commented about how the scabbards were able to pierce him. Saying Luffy user barrier Armament when he can use Internal Destruction effectively means he was sandbagging himself and makes absolutely no sense.

Same with G4, external damage was shown from Kaidou being pushed/pressured etc more, way more dominantly than some internal explosion that happens with the use of Rupture-Rupture no Mi for example. If Kaidou was thrown around rather than being bloated by explosion or similar depiction to the tree, it supports my view of whether (Luffy saved his energy just like literally when against every other arc boss villain) or (Luffy's powerlevel being restricted by Oda, which also happens often)
@Raughtale summed it up perfectly IMO.

If you expect Kaido's organs to burst out open like what happened to that tree and that to be shown on panel, then clearly you are expecting too much out of One Piece and Oda. Pre timsekip Luffy was able to hit Crocodile through an entire Bedrock and then punch him out but we see no organs bursting from him.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Doffy is a low diff material to a any Admiral, you just been most like a moron since 10years and didn´t improve since in you head One piece still stuck in Dressrosa with Doffy as main villian, sadly he is a sidecharacter now and not important, King would destroy him hard.
Inb4 sanjikun posts the panel of Jozu getting parasited by Mingo and One shotted by Aokiji to prove that he is admiral level
:shame:

Doffy is a low diff material to a any Admiral, you just been most like a moron since 10years and didn´t improve since in you head One piece still stuck in Dressrosa with Doffy as main villian, sadly he is a sidecharacter now and not important, King would destroy him hard.
Keep having mental breakdowns over fictional characters. This has been you vs. me this entire arc

You put Jack > Doflamingo. I said G2/G3 Luffy in Dressrosa could beat him.

Jack was taken out by an attack that Kinemon can easily surpass.

After an high/extreme diff fight against a stronger fighter than Kinemon which was completely offscreened, yes, Jack was taken out by an attack that Kinemon could use.
I don't think you read what I said. I said can easily SURPASS. Kinemon can do a MUCH stronger attack than this.

This is Kinemon vs. Jack

This is Kinemon vs. Doflamingo

Status
Not open for further replies.