Powers & Abilities Why people overrate the shit out of Luffy's powerups

The last 2 major villain arcs Luffy has fought (Katakuri and Kaido), he needed to unlock the battle with a "key". For Katakuri the "key" was Future Sight.

Luffy in base seemed useless against Katakuri.

But as soon as he unlocked FS he became somewhat competitive.

Same deal with Kaido. It seemed he wasn't doing much

But with advanced CoC the "key", he became competitive in base

But these differences are exaggerated by the fact because Luffy without the "key" seems useless. But that's an opponent-specific thing.

You take someone like Law. He didn't get any Future Sight, advanced CoA, or advanced CoC. But with the way his powers work, he could have harmed Kaido or Big Mom much better than Luffy.

Kaido even states that Law's powers throw him off. But was Law > pre-CoC Luffy? NO. But Law already had a "key". Luffy was always physically strong, but unlike Law he wasn't very versatile. So some opponents make him look useless based on their own powers.

Luffy gaining Future Sight made him look like he jumped 10x in power. Same thing for him gaining aCoC for Kaido. But these just look this way because he seemed useless before due to him lacking that "key", that even a weaker person, like Law might have. He wouldn't look that useless, against say an Admiral, who didn't have insane skin.

But Law already had a "key"
true.
its apparent when you look at what the 9RS did.
they are nowhere near as strong as Luffy yet they (4 of them?) could harm Kaido already while Luffy was doing next to nothing to him.
Zoro was also already able to harm Kaido and penetrate his scales. something Luffy only just learnd to do.

no one got demolished by a Bagua like Luffy did. no one.
thats FS Luffy. while all the others are "still" on "basic" CoO...

his PUs are massively overrated.

Classic example of extremism: "Luffy split the sky all his stats are on yonko level" instead of "Luffy split the sky his CoC is on yonko level, let's find out how much he improved in the rest" I actually like Luffy's character but I have to be honest here.
I mean, which of his stats aren't top tier?

he has future sight CoO, he has internal destruction CoA, he has sky splitting CoC coating

he has boundman, tankman, and snakeman which grant him top tier: physical strength, durability, and speed, respectively. Not to mention he can bring out a G4 form in short intervals to bypass the timelimit.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd

he has future sight CoO, he has internal destruction CoA, he has sky splitting CoC coating

he has boundman, tankman, and snakeman which grant him top tier: physical strength, durability, and speed, respectively. Not to mention he can bring out a G4 form in short intervals to bypass the timelimit.
There's a difference standing in between top tier and yonko level my friend. And I'm not necessarily saying all his other stats are not yonko level, but that it's wrong to affirm all are.

The latter are extremely high sometimes. If we pick durability obviously he cannot afford that unless he goes Tankman and even then he doesn't look as durable as Big Mom and Kaido on paper, or unless we talk about Shanks. Teach himself is on paper more durable most of the time.

Combat speed wise he looks there.

AP wise he doesn't look there at all for now unless he pulls G3-G4 and funnily KKG probably bypasses that level by a robust extent, but even then it is meant to feature a limited usage. Just like ACoC is.

AP wise he doesn't look there at all for now unless he pulls G3-G4 and funnily KKG probably bypasses that level by a robust extent, but even then it is meant to feature a limited usage. Just like ACoC is.
KKG was a move introduced way back in dressrosa. Since then, all of the movies have shown him using stronger moves(not to say they are canon). Chances are, KKG will pale in comparison to Luffy's current strongest move.

The latter are extremely high sometimes. If we pick durability obviously he cannot afford that unless he goes Tankman and even then he doesn't look as durable as Big Mom and Kaido on paper, or unless we talk about Shanks. Teach himself is on paper more durable most of the time.
I think gear 4th, boundman or tankman, should grant Luffy near kaido levels of durability. If you remember against doflamingo, despite doffy using haki against him, Luffy was basically able to negate the damage of Doffy's kick due to the special properties of gear 4th.

Considering how Luffy's haki at the moment is leaps and bounds greater than it was then, in order to damage boundman, imo you'd need to at the very least have ACoA. imo this puts boundman's durability in the same tier as kaido.

The last 2 major villain arcs Luffy has fought (Katakuri and Kaido), he needed to unlock the battle with a "key". For Katakuri the "key" was Future Sight.

Luffy in base seemed useless against Katakuri.

But as soon as he unlocked FS he became somewhat competitive.

Same deal with Kaido. It seemed he wasn't doing much

But with advanced CoC the "key", he became competitive in base

But these differences are exaggerated by the fact because Luffy without the "key" seems useless. But that's an opponent-specific thing.

You take someone like Law. He didn't get any Future Sight, advanced CoA, or advanced CoC. But with the way his powers work, he could have harmed Kaido or Big Mom much better than Luffy.

Kaido even states that Law's powers throw him off. But was Law > pre-CoC Luffy? NO. But Law already had a "key". Luffy was always physically strong, but unlike Law he wasn't very versatile. So some opponents make him look useless based on their own powers.

Luffy gaining Future Sight made him look like he jumped 10x in power. Same thing for him gaining aCoC for Kaido. But these just look this way because he seemed useless before due to him lacking that "key", that even a weaker person, like Law might have. He wouldn't look that useless, against say an Admiral, who didn't have insane skin.
No amount of your mental gymnastics will make Doffy a Top tier.

Luffys AP is no where near Zoros
Nor his endurance
Durability
Combat Speed
Lethality

There's a difference standing in between top tier and yonko level my friend. And I'm not necessarily saying all his other stats are not yonko level, but that it's wrong to affirm all are.

Combat speed wise he looks there.

Imo, Luffy's movement or reaction speed is not top level yet. At 1001, Raimei Hakkei still grazed him even when he owns FS. I guess his speed wont improve that drastically with CoC training, its prolly his CoO-FS and reaction which displayed some "speed" improvement. I hope this can improve with new rubber technique in the future since haki doesnt provide it.