Do you prefer the manga or anime version of the various series of Dragon Ball ?

Super manga did some things better than the anime such as Jiren's personnality or the lore about the angels but not that many, I prefer how they portrayed Goku Black and Zamasu in the anime and the reasons why Gowasu chose Zamasu as his apprentice was because of his initial pureness of heart and strong sense of justice whereas in the manga it's only for his power. I also didn't like how rushed the TOP was in the manga and how they made Kale take out so many characters including Anilaza who gave one of my favorite fights in the anime.

I watched Dragonball and DBZ on tv as a kid and teen, they were aired plenty of times (guess I have seen the whole saga along with gt at least 7 or 8 times) so never bothered to read the manga of something I knew almost frame x frame as an anime. Super come ages later, I guess I read a couple of chapters but I find it crap by this point and so I left there my experience with DB.

Yeah I never truly read DBZ manga

It felt redundant for me

Same for Super's manga, mostly in that the story changes and I don't like that

Imo anime will always stay canon and that's enough for me

How did you discover the original Dragon Ball story ? What is by reading the manga or watching Dragon Ball anime and its sequel Dragon Ball Z ? Do you prefer the manga me the anime ?

About Super, do you prefer the anime or the manga ?

Personnaly I discvored Dragon Ball by watching the original anime and Z on TV when I was a kid and it was my favorite programm on TV at the time, so it took years before I began to read the manga and overall I do not have a real preference over either of them.
About Super I tend to prefer the anime over the manga because I prefer the way the fights are depicted in the anime (even if the animation is not always that good) and while the manga has details that I prever over the anime ones (such as Jiren's backstory and personnality, the Pride Troopers being shown to be much more competent and to work as a true team compared to the anime) I overall prefer the anime story.

And you ?

Always liked anime growing up and still to this day, Never been a manga guy
Animation,sound track,colors and voice acting just add to much for me to want to instead read a picture book,
Post automatically merged:

The games, lol.

DragonBallFighterZ is my fav video game.
Always preferred DB xenoverse and bukodai tenkachi 3 as it's just more easier for a casual like me to pickup not only that but fighterz just does not feel like a db game as it's 3d fighter with a vast rooster and area to fight within maybe im just to used to games like raging blast and the such