Is Sanji's Power Up Legitimate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oda took so much time during Act 2 to give Luffy advanced Armament Haki and Zoro Enma. Both had ties to the plot with Kaido, narrative significance and then were used to hurt Kaido on the rooftop.

You're telling me that Oda could not find the panel time, over the hundreds of Otama and Momo panels, to give Sanji a haki powerup or atleast put in a training arc for the Germa powerup? Outside of the Page One fight, 2 chapters - 1/2 of each and the fight was offscreened as well.

Seriously bro. This powerup is more in line with how randomnly Chopper's Monster Point time limit increased than with Luffy's and Zoro's PUs of this arc.

Advanced CoC (Luffy's second powerup) and Enma turning black (Zoro's second powerup) were forshadowed in act 2 as well.

I'm not taking sides here. But you gotta admit that this lazy shitty writing from Oda.
I'm going to use an argument that I don't like very much, but many use it, Sanji's role in the crew is that of a cook, right? But he's still the third best fighter. Luffy (Captain and MC) and Zoro (Crew's fighter) are the two best fighters of course they will have more prominence in battle roles, not leaving Sanji to one side, but it's obvious that this mutation was something that was triggered during the second use of the raid suit (stated in manga), making it impossible to have a training "arc" for Sanji to awaken the exoskeleton, like Luffy and Zoro had respectively trained. Just my point of view...

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Enma sucks users haki dry this was Zoro first time going into battle using it, it makes sense he would be careful how much haki he channels into it
I'm choosing to ask you because you're not a moron and I think we can get a civilized talk about this.

In your opinion, what exactly is a "black blade"?
My point asking is because I don't exactly know what people think black blades are. I have an interpretation so I want to know if it matches.

What do you mean now? Zoro had noting to compare it too. The sccabards Ryou was not on Zoro level. Their swords were getting broken by fodder wind attacks
Their Ryou when they ambushed Kaido was Oden level temporarily. CoA is dependent on willpower. Once they saw Kaido stand up to their attacks their willpower probably started dropping

It's probably the same reason why Kinemon was able to stand up after a CoC attack from Kaido. Because he was that dedicated protecting Momo at that moment (we even get flashbacks of their bond)

people who depend this much on their dads don't have the qualities of a king
Shut the hell up lmao, I still believe that deep down you actually know how stupid you sound sometimes

Sanji has the qualities of a king

Brook stated that sanji has the same spirit as zoro

Zeff said that sanji has the same "spear" as luffy

It's been confirmed sanji is the highest in the hierchy after luffy next to zoro

How? Because I think Enma > Shusui?

I claim Enma is a powerup for Zoro and is a higher quality sword than Shusui suddenly makes me downplay zoro? :whitepress:

I'm not here with an agenda to push Sanji > Zoro or that crap. Im here to understand the basis of their powers and Enma Zoro > Shusui Zoro with the same amount of training.
There's literally a system in place to tell us that the swords are equal. Enma is great but not excellent

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
Enma's training is gruesome because the sword itself is also that much more powerful. More powerful sword = more training to master it. It's basic shonen logic

Zoro for sure got more powerful because of the training but nothing to me suggests that replacing Enma with shusui after training would give him the same level of feats on Rooftop piece.
The training has nothing to do with the AP proficiency of the sword, you are confusing the two.

The training made Zoro massively stronger, that is the point of it. It has not necessarily to do with the level of the sword itself.

Enma is O Wazamono ranked, by common sense it would most likely rank below any Supreme Grade even in the eventual case it was the best O Wazamono.

The gap between Enma and Shusui, if existing, is probably not so big. Zoro didn't always bear O Wazamono swords and before he did his power wasn't that massively inferior at all, let alone comparing two swords of the same grade.

Shisui

Never Feed The Badders Pasta
So Shusui was less grade than Enma, he becomes a black blade and becomes a 21 great? but why a Sword who is already Made a 21 been weaker than Shusui who becomes a 21 by been Blackened?

Like for example you are Rank A and iam Rank B or Less, i have a Evovled and Becomes Rank A, i will be stronger than you a Rank A only doed to have a evolved?
Skillful Grade (Ryō Wazamono) = Pre Blackened Shusui = Yubashiri
Great Grade (Ō Wazamono) = Blackened Shusui (It's rank can't be raised further ) = Wado Ichimonji = Enma = Pre Blackened Yoru
Supreme Grade (Saijō Ō Wazamono) = Yoru = Ace = Blackened Enma = Blackened Wado = Shodai

Zoro is gna end up with two black blades + Shodai. It is possible to raise a sword a rank, I am not sure a sword can evolve past Supreme. That is most likely why Shodai, Ace and Murakumogiri stays unblackened.

If Roger had Enma for example, he would have turned it black a long time ago. The man fought, Garp, Goku, Shiki, WB and Rocks
and it was stated that Black blades are forged through countless battles. If you believe a man that fought Garp, Goku, Shiki, WB and Rocks can't turn a blade black but a man who fought a pre Yonko Shanks can then I am not sure we belong in the same planet.

So if u said is correct, than i will understands that Shusui black blade is better than Enma non black blade
Yes, difference being Enma has a higher ceiling than Shusui, so once it turn black the difference will be like night and day.

I mean Shusui was so strong that it would absorb Wado and Kitetsu’s attack and turn it into 1 giant attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.