Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, is importance to the story even a real indicator? Brook didn't even get a real fight on Onigashima, he just attacked a Number from behind. Carrot lost, but her fight was revisited multiple times, and the sky is clear so she could still be back in action.
totally different case. Brook is an official Straw Hat, Carrot isn’t. Although Brook had fight with Black Maria’s henchmen, he still got new skill, and he’s really important to protect Robin after Robin passed out.

Carrot doesn’t even have half of the importance of what Brook does in Onigashima. No Straw Hats even care of what she does, and she currently doesn’t care what the Straw Hat do.

JoSeungHun7335

Usually strawhats trust each other, plus I don't see you having this argument for Yamato. So bad argument. And like we said. Importance in Onigashima does not relate to the importance the the general story.. one day Yamato fan will have to understand that Wano is just the second part of the Yonko Saga, the first part was whole cake, where Carrot plays a major role.

Those may be two completely different type of story, they are completely linked.

Damn, I don't know how this quoting mecanism works..

No Van I'm saying only that importance does not equal panel time, and you are right, Momo is more important than Yamato right now. But we need more to be considered a potential crewmate and Momo lacks what Carrot has.

Sigran101 No again. That's not What I'm saying. Don't put words in others mouth please, it's disrespectfull. Carrot is STILL treated as a secondary character in Wano's arc. But this doesn't change a thing about her overall importancy to the overall story. This is not what didn't happen that matter, it's what DID happened.

JoSeungHun7335 Yes it does. One panel is enough to point out how Oda treats a characters is a SPECIFIC situation. In other words in two seperate but similar situation Oda treated Carrot as a protagonist worthy of praise and wonder and Yamao as a simple cool secondary protagonist. The difference in treatment is clear.

Post automatically merged:

If you think you can scratch what Oda did in an arc just because it was the PREVIOUS arc.

You don't understand a THING about One Piece.
so you’re saying that one panel from a previous arc is more important than what Yamato does currently?

R.I.P. logic. What Oda did to Carrot was simply a beta test for Yamato. The difference of treatment of what Yamato does in Wano to Carrot is also pretty clear

JoSeungHun7335

Usually strawhats trust each other, plus I don't see you having this argument for Yamato. So bad argument. And like we said. Importance in Onigashima does not relate to the importance the the general story.. one day Yamato fan will have to understand that Wano is just the second part of the Yonko Saga, the first part was whole cake, where Carrot plays a major role.

Those may be two completely different type of story, they are completely linked.
“so bad argument” comes from someone who thinks that a panel from previous arc is way more important than what Yamato currently does in Wano.

stalling unknown Daifuku’s ship is considered a major role, while Yamato protecting Momo, stalling Kaido, and trying to destroy the explosives you don’t consider it important?

“Usually Straw Hats trust each other” then what did Luffy do to Yamato by trusting Momo to her, and ask her to leave Kaido for him? And Yamato trusting Luffy will defeat Kaido? Cope, dear.

Last edited:
JoSeungHun7335

If I have to repeat myself.. this sure is gonna be fun.. >> If you scrap what happened in previous arc for the sole reason it's "previous" there is a problem in your understanding of One Piece.

Yes this panel is important and is STILL important. What Oda did with Carrot had far more importance in term of storytelling that what he is doing with Yamato PERIOD. This can be seen by the way Oda treated her transformation, how he setup it, how he drew it, how he made the character react to it, how he focused all his energy on it from concept to design to mouvment until the very last panel were he makes a statment about Carrot and the Sulong in general : Carrot in Sulong is still Carrot.

Concerning the "importance" to the said storyline, it's basically the same. Both are trying to save someone.

Your toxicity won't help you with me.. I eat that type of toxicity for breakfast.

Reread Chapter 459 where Brook gets beaten by Ryuma and then compare it to Carrot getting beaten by Perospero.

One is how to set up a Strawhat despite them losing, the other is a character that Oda doesn’t really care about and is just wrapping up their story.

Look at the difference in dialogue, ffs, all we got from Carrot during her allimportant match to avenge Pedro was “urgh” and “master Nekomamushi!”

Bad comparison.. You should ask yourself on the contrary WHY Oda is treating Carrot differently. Spoiler : Carrot is a teenager who just come across her first big conflict in life. This has NOTHING to do with the way brook act.

Oda knows all too well how to make human character, making Carrot to be what Brook, a veteran man was, would be simply BAD writing.

Carrot has yet to come up with retaliation.

JoSeungHun7335

If I have to repeat myself.. this sure is gonna be fun.. >> If you scrap what happened in previous arc for the sole reason it's "previous" there is a problem in your understanding of One Piece.

Yes this panel is important and is STILL important. What Oda did with Carrot had far more importance in term of storytelling that what he is doing with Yamato PERIOD. This can be seen by the way Oda treated her transformation, how he setup it, how he drew it, how he made the character react to it, how he focused all his energy on it from concept to design to mouvment until the very last panel were he makes a statment about Carrot and the Sulong in general : Carrot in Sulong is still Carrot.

Concerning the "importance" to the said storyline, it's basically the same. Both are trying to save someone.
lmao aren’t you the one who has problem in understanding One Piece? You’re saying that one panel of Carrot is way more important than what Yamato does in Onigashima, and even talk about storytelling. The story is still developing. Straw Hats haven’t seen Yamato’s transformation, and even half of Straw Hats didn’t get to see Carrot’s Sulong transformation. Again, Straw Hats currently don’t give two shits on what Carrot does in Onigashima, and vice versa.

as much as I want to say “get a grip on reality & stop being delusional”, this comes from a Carrot fan. Which is definitely not a surprise at all.

Momo will temporary join SHP just like Oden to Roger. I dont see any point that yamato joining the crew. She already knew about OP from oden's journal
it’s irrational to think that Oden would write OP / Laugh Tale in a journal, with normal language, where it can be easily destroyed. Oden writing information like OP or Laugh Tale in a journal would destroy Robin’s role as the sole Poneglyph reader

JoSeungHun7335

no, quite the opposite in fact. I have no problem understanding One Piece.

YOU are saying """that one panel of Carrot is way more important than what Yamato does in Onigashima """ not me
YOU are deforming peoples words
YOU look like you should think before you write.

No wonder i've heard this forum was toxic... People, please read more carefully !

The care of the strawhat for Carrot is a bad argument. Plus a wrong one, Nami is probably wondering where Carrot is. It's simple logic as she was with her previously and she care about her.

You know.. I will have you quit this forum sooner than you will have me quit being a Carrot enthousiast. Don't underestimate my determination.

It's gonna be fun indeed.. for me.

JoSeungHun7335

no, quite the opposite in fact. I have no problem understanding One Piece.

YOU are saying """that one panel of Carrot is way more important than what Yamato does in Onigashima """ not me
YOU are deforming peoples words
YOU look like you should think before you write.

No wonder i've heard this forum was toxic... People, please read more carefully !

The care of the strawhat for Carrot is a bad argument. Plus a wrong one, Nami is probably wondering where Carrot is. It's simple logic as she was with her previously and she care about her.

You know.. I will have you quit this forum sooner than you will have me quit being a Carrot enthousiast. Don't underestimate my determination.

It's gonna be fun indeed.. for me.
And what I say about Carrot ends in question mark. Don’t you understand what does question mark mean?

Oooh I’m totally scared. And for the record: ain’t nobody underestimate your determination, sugar. You’re as irrelevant as your favorite bunny.

JoSeungHun7335

No it doesn't end with a question mark. Let me quote you again :

"You’re saying that one panel of Carrot is way more important than what Yamato does in Onigashima, "

Making you someone who deforms arguments. Wether you like it or not.

Anyway.. As I said. your toxicity won't get you anywhere with me and this will only prove your incompence to the argument. You can still try tho if you still have energy.

That would be one down. How many to go.. to take back this place ? Don't be Shy Yamato fans, I'm here for ya..

There is a clear difference of treatment between those two reveal. denying that is naive .. at best. If you want to play, i'm gonna play.
Very much so.

Here are the moments where Oda showcases a future straw hat's devil fruit/abilities:
It's always the main event. A big "Wow" moment when you realise the sort of stuff they're capable of. Just from a visual perspective, the panelling makes it evident how much Oda wants to highlight them in the scene.
Carrot's Sulong totally fits in line with how important and significant Oda showcased future straw hats' abilities. Whereas Yamao's reveal was garbage and even more so when you put it next to Carrot and the other straw hats. Despite that, somehow her full zoan reveal was even worse...A total nothing moment. Just "oh ok, so that's Yamao's bitch form... Swiftly moving on..."

If you want more explanation on what Dizzy just said, Here is where I talk about what I call the "Mugiwara Shining Action". I won't go into the details here (unless you wants me too) but this should help you understand how important the Sulong moment of Carrot really is.

@CarrotForNakama you know there are actual good arguments for Carrot right? Like how Perospero's taunts clearly set up her making a comeback? Or how she's in a prime position to be fighting CP0? Her relationship with Chopper? The fact that the dukes ended up with generic su long forms, implying that Carrot should be more important than them in the end? "One epic double spread = nakama comfirmed" is a really pointless hill to die on.

JoSeungHun7335

No it doesn't end with a question mark. Let me quote you again :

"You’re saying that one panel of Carrot is way more important than what Yamato does in Onigashima, "

Making you someone who deforms arguments. Wether you like it or not.

Anyway.. As I said. your toxicity won't get you anywhere with me and this will only prove your incompence to the argument. You can still try tho if you still have energy.

That would be one down. How many to go.. to take back this place ? Don't be Shy Yamato fans, I'm here for ya..

it’s pretty clear that there IS a question mark. Have you had any reading comprehension problem?

and here’s what you answered:

“Yes this panel is important is important and is still important. What Oda did with Carrot had far more importance in term of storytelling etc etc”

oh I still have plenty of energy to deal with Carrot fans. Especially if they’re the type of people who play victim card while everybody here can see the elephant in the room
:mihanha:

Last edited:
You should ask yourself on the contrary WHY Oda is treating Carrot differently.
I have, and the answer to that is because she’s nothing more than a side-character.
Spoiler : Carrot is a teenager who just come across her first big conflict in life. This has NOTHING to do with the way brook act.
Carrot‘s the same age Chopper was before the timeskip and yet Chopper still managed to do more than grunt and shout someone else’s name.

Momo and Tama have better dialogue than Carrot and they’re eight year olds.

Status
Not open for further replies.