General & Others Post TS arcs are massively underrated + Oda is on a level with the all time fantasy greats.

if we're talking about comparing Oda to Murata, we have a dude adapting a comic vs a dude who does his story from scratch, so I don't look at it the same.
LOL there is nothing to compare here. Murata is on a whole another stratosphere. Murata should be compared only to few artist like Vegabond, berserk and few other artist. Putting Oda's name next to Murata as an artist is an insult to Murata.

I agree all this stuff about pacing post ts is a matter of perception!
I started with OP watching the anime in my TV till Marineford and then transitioned to the manga once i watched all released episodes!
Reading manga on a weekly basis makes things much less exciting!
I am thinking of quitting OP until it get finished and animated so i can have this experience again!

I would call it the Lost syndrome.

Im talking about the series, which is hated by the people who watched it season by season over several years. Because they theorized so much into the story, that they were disappointed as it didn't occur how they tought.

Meanwhile, the people who watched the show in one go loved it.
I feel in general One Piece's Pacing means that people will do a lot of Speculation.

And others will become fans of those Speculations to the point of being disappointed when Oda proves said Speculation wrong. Then they will judge One Piece based on Fan theories and Speculation rather than What Oda intends to do
Post automatically merged:

I agree. The structure, meta level and hidden themes in One Piece are incredible. They suffer from the shonen format Oda chose to bring his story across
In General Oda would probably go full Tolkien tier Worldbuilding if he was given the time. I wouldn't be surprised if he invents dozens of Languages for One Piece islands.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Remember that Oda said that WCI was supposed to be a short rescue arc but kept adding new ideas, making it too long. He had to cut the arc short because of it. This shows that Oda doesn't really plan that far ahead and comes up with stuff on the fly.

There was also the multiple islands the SH Pirates were supposed to visit after Fishman Island but Oda decided to combine them for Punk Hazard and Dressrosa. This could explain Oda's reliance on side characters and spending little time on the interesting plot points he creates.

B

Ballel

Oda being great at thematic story telling doesn't make up for his poor execution
The only reason Oda is not included in the all time top 10 greatest fantasy authors of all time list is because of the medium he writes in. If he was doing this in typical novel format , he would without question be in those conversations.
I agree. The structure, meta level and hidden themes in One Piece are incredible. They suffer from the shonen format Oda chose to get his story across.

Well, I think OP in general is pretty underrated. A lot of people are either impatient with a bigger picture of the serial story, or they are anal about some irrelevant understanding (power levels). Of course it's flawed as it's largely the work of one man, but that's not the same as a poor product.
I think inw piece is both underrated and at the same time misunderstood. It has a really large fanbase but those who really comprehend it don't seem to be that many.

Oda always fake hype in pre-skip time. Remember fishmen are 10 times stronger than human ? What kind of studies to say fishmen are 10 times stronger than stronger? It is over chimp 4 x strength myth again.
Remember the giants ? Nobody in forums is actually hype for giants. It applies to folder world. Giants are hyped in pre-skip.
Remember the fishmen island ? People think we are having admiral or yonko level fishmen type because they are supposed to 10 times stronger ? Fishmen island were low difficulty for straw hats but the fight look cool.

one piece is literal about fake vs reality all the time. I bet world nobles are actually frauds and D people are real rulers.

LOL there is nothing to compare here. Murata is on a whole another stratosphere. Murata should be compared only to few artist like Vegabond, berserk and few other artist. Putting Oda's name next to Murata as an artist is an insult to Murata.
Who's won more industry awards between Oda and Murata? You say Vagabond and Berserk like you can't be bothered to name the creators either lol. I love Miura (RIP) and Inoue, I'm sure Inoue influenced Oda to some extent, but to say they're not peers is sheer opinion. Especially since you're comparing much, much slower creators.

Who's won more industry awards between Oda and Murata? You say Vagabond and Berserk like you can't be bothered to name the creators either lol. I love Miura (RIP) and Inoue, I'm sure Inoue influenced Oda to some extent, but to say they're not peers is sheer opinion. Especially since you're comparing much, much slower creators.
Like I said before I don't care much for art. You are trying to dodge the shit story telling of One Piece by focusing on art when I don't even care much for it.

I only called you out on art is because you comparing an Award winning artist like Murata and I mean just drawing and not overall manga sales and other shit. Murata is acknowledged as one of the best artist with far to many drawing awards to list and your comparing him to someone who makes bank with his overrated potential wasted story in terms of drawing???

Are you out of your dam mind... How much you gonna suck Oda off like that. people like you who compare amazing artist to shit what Oda draws is ridiculous.

Okay Oda isn't a shit artist I went a bit far there but compared to Murata he might as well be. Its like comparing Michael Jordan in Basketball to Dwayne Wade.

D Wade isn't bad but compared to Michael Jordan he seems mediocre. So don't compare Oda and Murata in terms of Drawing... Its Blasphemous.

Don't disrespect Oda. I don't want to disrespect any artist so I won't say who's greater than who but just gonna say u said some bullshit.

OP is still one of the greatest shonen series of all time, but the quality has been dropping for sure lately.

Recent chapters feel rushed and plot feels disjointed. Too many characters and too much priority on unimportant characters. Having Luffy come back so quickly after getting thrown off the island, suddenly using VoAT like ability to talk to Momo, and recovering by eating meat + running around was a questionable take that really served no purpose.

Like I said before I don't care much for art. You are trying to dodge the shit story telling of One Piece by focusing on art when I don't even care much for it.

I only called you out on art is because you comparing an Award winning artist like Murata and I mean just drawing and not overall manga sales and other shit. Murata is acknowledged as one of the best artist with far to many drawing awards to list and your comparing him to someone who makes bank with his overrated potential wasted story in terms of drawing???

Are you out of your dam mind... How much you gonna suck Oda off like that. people like you who compare amazing artist to shit what Oda draws is ridiculous.

Okay Oda isn't a shit artist I went a bit far there but compared to Murata he might as well be. Its like comparing Michael Jordan in Basketball to Dwayne Wade.

D Wade isn't bad but compared to Michael Jordan he seems mediocre. So don't compare Oda and Murata in terms of Drawing... Its Blasphemous.
Lol I didn't dodge anything to argue about art. Oda's one STORY has won more awards like the Tezuka than Murata has in his career. It's not just art that's considered. You're comparing Jordan to a guy who's gotten one ring lmao. You're comparing an artist to a latter artist who does tribute work of the former artist.

Murata is cool but no one calls him the leader of his generation.

Oda always fake hype in pre-skip time. Remember fishmen are 10 times stronger than human ? What kind of studies to say fishmen are 10 times stronger than stronger? It is over chimp 4 x strength myth again.
Remember the giants ? Nobody in forums is actually hype for giants. It applies to folder world. Giants are hyped in pre-skip.
Remember the fishmen island ? People think we are having admiral or yonko level fishmen type because they are supposed to 10 times stronger ? Fishmen island were low difficulty for straw hats but the fight look cool.

one piece is literal about fake vs reality all the time. I bet world nobles are actually frauds and D people are real rulers.
Holy shit you are right. Just Like Baroque Works 100 'assassins' getting beat just by Zoro(but... it was Zoro after all) and Enies Lobby being impenetrabel and World's most skilled fighters etc etc etc.