Spoiler One Piece Chapter 969 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sade

Berserk
‎
So this amazing barrier fruit can stop an angry Oden, the same one who clashed against Prime WB and took a named attack from Roger like nothing.

But yet It was useless against a huge giant monster like Golem Pica (Barto words).

Damm I thought Pica was just YC3, it turned that He is at least YC1 in his Golem form :

:smart:

Last edited:
Even if haki can’t break the barrier (which is a possibility) it should at least transferee the damage to the DF user’s body like in case of Capone Bege when all the damage of his castle is transferred to his body
No. Bege's fruit is bege's fruit. His fruit makes his body the castle itself. Thats all. There nothing about the barrier fruit beig explained as something that turns the person's body into a barrier.

You are extrapolating things with no reason. Not every devil fruit literally works the same way. And haki works ONLY ONE WAY. It hurts a devil fruit user's real body. It doesn't turn off DF powers or nullify them or magically transfer power through them

For example if your explanation is correct then Attacking Doffy's bird cage with haki would have somehow magically transfered the damage to Doffy himself somehow which is not the case at all since thats not how Doffy's power works. That's even the same as saying destroying Doffy's black knight with haki would also magically transfer the damage to Doffy which we clearly saw isn't true

it should at least transferee the damage to the DF user’s body like in case of Capone Bege when all the damage of his castle is transferred to his body
haki does not do what you think it does.
Bege transforms his body into the castle. the castle is him. damage to the castle is damage to Bege.
if you hit Mr. 3s wax with haki then Mr. 3 would remain just fine. its not an extension of himself. he creates wax.
logia can turn into an element. and you can touch them with haki even if they do. it would still not hurt a logia if you punched the element they created.

creating != turning into

Bari Bari creates a barrier. the user itself is not the barrier.
you can hammer away with haki at it and still not get through and the user could not care less if you did. its the perfect defense.

Either way this means he got Low diffed and that's just dumb... Man got enraged and proceeded to get low diffed like fodder... Fuckin dumb
Those "low diffed" tags you guys hand out every time you somehow are disappointed in a character are ridiculous.
He was caught by surprised and couldn't overcome a DF, that nobody else has overcome so far. No big deal.
WB couldn't break the marineford walls, Mihawk couldn't get past Vista, Akainu couldn't kill Luffy when he was only inches away from him several times etc.
Stuff like that happens.

What did you expect to happen against a Barrier? We knew since Dressrosa that it was a broken ability...
So what? Broken abilities get beaten all the time.

Like I said you could cut the castle in half and have it fall down to force the old guy to break his balance or you know, you can wait them out.

There's no broken ability that can't be out done in some way since the broken ability is attached to a real person. Law's fruit is broken but it's attached to Law who has low stamina so the ability isn't dangerous. Sugar is the most broken person in the verse but she s also a little kid so you can just bear her up and that's it.

This old man isnt a juggernaut who can last days or whatver

No. Bege's fruit is bege's fruit. His fruit makes his body the castle itself. Thats all. There nothing about the barrier fruit beig explained as something that turns the person's body into a barrier.

You are extrapolating things with no reason. Not every devil fruit literally works the same way. And haki works ONLY ONE WAY. It hurts a devil fruit user's real body. It doesn't turn off DF powers or nullify them or magically transfer power through them

For example if your explanation is correct then Attacking Doffy's bird cage with haki would have somehow magically transfered the damage to Doffy himself somehow which is not the case at all since thats not how Doffy's power works. That's even the same as saying destroying Doffy's black knight with haki would also magically transfer the damage to Doffy which we clearly saw isn't true
I’m not claiming anything I’m just proposing ideas about how barrier DF works BUT NO MATER WHAT CoA should work against barrier DF in some way.

At a time when he was angry like Luffy when he blindly attacked Kaido and couldn't use FC, I think after that scene Orochi and his grandma tolled Oden what will happened to his family and wano in general I also think that they tolled him about Kaido's powers and that his unkillable.
wrong sir
your previous comment on oden's haki specifically armament as good as ray's
ray has mastered the level luffy is using rn.
when roger used it on oden, he was shocked wb and roger's blades didnt even need to be in contact to clash. doesnt seem like he has that level of coa in the least bit.

That's not an excuse for giving up as fast as Oden did, lol.
So, does it make Barto or any previous Bari Bari user unbeatable?
Because you're kinda making it look as such.

Oden had the greater grasp of the situation. He knew what horrific crimes Orochi did, and what the citizens that lived under his father went through, yet, he gave up after a single "Barrier" in his way.

That is without any doubt Disappointing.
Dude, step back, take a deep breath, scratch your nuts a little and then start looking at things in a rational way.
We know jackshit about the chapter. We have a few pics and a very bad translation of other parts. We literally have zero idea what happened after Oden got stopped.
Wait for the chapter and then draw a conclusion.

Oden could have :
-> destroyed the floor, making the barrier guy fall and defeated Orochi
-> Calling a retainer, or any soldier really to fight barrier guy while he defeat Orochi
-> Used Conqueror Haki, and Defeat Orochi
-> Make the ceiling falls on them, and defeat Orochi
-> Get out of the building and smoking the castle, an when the rat get out of his hole, defeat Orochi

haki does not do what you think it does.
Bege transforms his body into the castle. the castle is him. damage to the castle is damage to Bege.
if you hit Mr. 3s wax with haki then Mr. 3 would remain just fine. its not an extension of himself. he creates wax.
logia can turn into an element. and you can touch them with haki even if they do. it would still not hurt a logia if you punched the element they created.

creating != turning into

Bari Bari creates a barrier. the user itself is not the barrier.
you can hammer away with haki at it and still not get through and the user could not care less if you did. its the perfect defense.
I’m not saying haki transfers damage to the body I’m saying that barrier DF could work in way so that after used haki against it (it will transfers the damage to the DF user it’s not haki that transfers the damage but the DF itself and I’m not claiming this just proposing ideas).

Those "low diffed" tags you guys hand out every time you somehow are disappointed in a character are ridiculous.
He was caught by surprised and couldn't overcome a DF, that nobody else has overcome so far. No big deal.
WB couldn't break the marineford walls, Mihawk couldn't get past Vista, Akainu couldn't kill Luffy when he was only inches away from him several times etc.
Stuff like that happens.
Well the plot demanded that Oden couldn't do anything and that's all there is to that. So its still fuckin dumb. There are ways to end all these things but plot says otherwise and that's all. So as far as the plot says, Oden not only FAILED to beat Orochi, it was a one sided defeat completely and so He got LOW DIFFED.

Akainu tore through a number of guys and then failed to catch Luffy. Mihawk chose to do other things and left the fight with vista. None of these situations that end with Akainu or mihawk GETTING ONE SIDEDLY DEMOLISHED so once again it's Oden who gets Low diffed and no one else

Now that I think about it. The bari bari no mi in Wano against samurai is really OP. I assume a good number of them don't know haki and only use their sword as a weapon. Send in Bartolomeo and he will obliterate them all. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::kappa:

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
‎
So what? Broken abilities get beaten all the time.

Like I said you could cut the castle in half and have it fall down to force the old guy to break his balance or you know, you can wait them out.

There's no broken ability that can't be out done in some way since the broken ability is attached to a real person. Law's fruit is broken but it's attached to Law who has low stamina so the ability isn't dangerous. Sugar is the most broken person in the verse but she s also a little kid so you can just bear her up and that's it.

This old man isnt a juggernaut who can last days or whatver
As I said, just because we can think of a solution(waiting it out and cutting from below) it doesnt mean Oda will make the character do that when he needs from him to do the exact opposite - to fail at killing Orochi.
Which broken ability has been beaten? Has Kuma's repel ever failed? Has Barto's barrier ever failed? They havent.
That is why such broken abilities are not given to major obstacles that MCs have to defeat but instead it is given to a rookie who fanboys Luffy more than his entire fandom.

To give Oden more credit, you do realize that everyone would fail against the Barrier itself? Nobody can go through it. Not Oden, not Luffy, not Zoro, not Mihawk, not Kaido... Nobody. That is the purpose of the barrier fruit - indestructibility. Of course, there are ways to defeat the user of such fruit but there is no way to break the barrier since that is its core purpose.

But Fodderochi hasn't done anything with said devil fruit to be worth praise to begin with... He got saved by some one else EVERY TIME... He got saved when he fought Zoro and when he fought Oden... As of now he's literally just a guy who gets saved every time
I remember that bomb bomb fruit goes to that stupid af mr 7, the potential in that :josad:

Status
Not open for further replies.