Spoiler One Piece Chapter 969 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
He just had to go the the lower floor and send a flying slash through the ceiling :odenugh:
Ages ago, I said: Just because we, the audience, can think of a solution, it doesnt mean a character will think of the same.
Oda wants him to fail because the story requires him to fail, it doesnt matter if there are countless solutions to the problem that the reader can think of. Oda needed Oden to fail and as long as he manages to make it plausible to at least some degree it works great.

Ages ago, I said: Just because we, the audience, can think of a solution, it doesnt mean a character will think of the same.
Oda wants him to fail because the story requires him to fail, it doesnt matter if there are countless solutions to the problem that the reader can think of. Oda needed Oden to fail and as long as he manages to make it plausible to at least some degree it works great.
He can fail ofc, but not in a fully retarded way. You don't go from trying to kill Orochi to dancing naked in the streets and doing nothing for 4 years. The spoilers mention stuff about the Hyogoro family and a boat. I'm waiting for that to be explained and fill in the gap.

At this point it's fairly reasonable to assume that Oden sneak attacked Kaido
Nahhhh, that's out of character for Oden.

But what is most likely in character for Kaido is that he just let Oden hit him at the start like he let Luffy take a few hits on him to measure Luffy up.

He probably just let Oden try a few hits on him for free and then when he actually got cut he sobered up and decided to end the shit

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
He can fail ofc, but not in a fully retarded way. You don't go from trying to kill Orochi to dancing naked in the streets and doing nothing for 4 years. The spoilers mention stuff about the Hyogoro family and a boat. I'm waiting for that to be explained and fill in the gap.
There is more to it of course, not like spoilers gave us everything ever. Wait for a full chapter.

maybe Oden really did overpower Kaido
This is no longer possible IMO. The man couldn't overpower the mighty barrier fruit for god sake... Nah this man is no longer the juggernaut we thought he was.

I cannot in good measure call this man admiral level anymore UNLESS HE GOT STRONGEST SOMEHOW IN THOSE FIVE YEARS.

At this rate I'm not sure anymore whether Oden is actually stronger than Doflamingo.

By portrayal it was clear as day that Bartolomeo (which is still young and fit) doesn't have any chance to defeat Doffy. He already had trouble dealing with Gladius, which is not part of High Seated Officers.

And here we have Oden, got totally stopped and embarassed by another user with same DF as Bartolomeo, except the user is already a thin old grandpa way past his prime.

Exactly. People have wrong understanding of Haki.

They think that Haki nullifies the DF ability, which it doesn't, it's not like water of sea stone.
Oh. Look water doesn’t nullify DF abilities it only makes the user so weak that he can’t move.

I know how haki works and I didn’t say that it will nullify df powers. If I said that after punching with haki the barrier will disappear that would mean nullification but I didn’t said it I only said that with haki you can break the barrier (at least you should so since that’s what haki dose).

Even if haki can’t break the barrier (which is a possibility) it should at least transferee the damage to the DF user’s body like in case of Capone Bege when all the damage of his castle is transferred to his body

otherwise CoA doesn’t work against barrier DF which would mean that barrier DF is broken and has no sense (which I highly doubt).

At this rate I'm not sure anymore whether Oden is actually stronger than Doflamingo.

By portrayal it was clear as day that Bartolomeo (which is still young and fit) doesn't have any chance to defeat Doffy. He already had trouble dealing with Gladius, which is not part of High Seated Officers.

And here we have Oden, got totally stopped and embarassed by another user with same DF as Bartolomeo, except the user is already a thin old grandpa way past his prime.
Pica > Oden :catlewd:

I think Orochi stop Oden overall with saying Kaido having Hyo and his family and would kill them if he do a move.
We know how ruthless Oden can be but also he someone who protect with his life to his friends. Reading the spoiler people celebrate when Oden was in Flower capital with thinking Oden taking the place as Shogun and kick out Orochi and Kaido from wano. But then two people get killed by poisoned arrows, after all this Oden decided to make a deal with Orochi.

Oden was in corner and his only chance was the deal, if he kills Orochi>Kaido kills Hyo family and attack wano>War
Oden probably don´t do the right think but I can at least understand now why he most like make such a dumb deal, overall it was because of Hyo and his family.

Because that I don´t have any problem with the plot about Oden and the 5years, even though it feels like little lazy writing(probably Oda already plannend such move chapters before to show again how a motherf.... Orochi is).
For sure the old Lady and old men gonna get killed or die because of the ages.

Im hype to see now the battle with Oden and his RS vs Kaido and his beast pirates, after all Orochi hype up the 9 red scabbards as strong powerful fighters.

I think Orochi stop Oden overall with saying Kaido having Hyo and his family and would kill them if he do a move.
We know how ruthless Oden can be but also he someone who protect with his life to his friends. Reading the spoiler people celebrate when Oden was in Flower capital with thinking Oden taking the place as Shogun and kick out Orochi and Kaido from wano. But then two people get killed by poisoned arrows, after all this Oden decided to make a deal with Orochi.

Oden was in corner and his only chance was the deal, if he kills Orochi>Kaido kills Hyo family and attack wano>War
Oden probably don´t do the right think but I can at least understand now why he most like make such a dumb deal, overall it was because of Hyo and his family.

Because that I don´t have any problem with the plot about Oden and the 5years, even though it feels like little lazy writing(probably Oda already plannend such move chapters before to show again how a motherf.... Orochi is).
For sure the old Lady and old men gonna get killed or die because of the ages.

Im hype to see now the battle with Oden and his RS vs Kaido and his beast pirates, after all Orochi hype up the 9 red scabbards as strong powerful fighters.
Yup, this could very well make sense considering that Orochi needed to survive.

People stil be so sure that this Lolden is above Katakuri?
Katakuri got ganged by combined team of Luffy, Jinbe, Pedro, Bege during Tea Party. A team of 2 Worst Gens, one that had defeated Cracker before, a former shichibukai and veteran pirate, and a right hand man of Minks' Duke.
Katakuri remained unstoppable during the Tea Party despite his combined opponents' strength. Ichiji tried to stop him too and got defeated within seconds.

And here we have Oden got stopped by a pair of grandpas and Orochi. Can't overpower them and ended up stripping and dancing like a hoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.