Spoiler General Kingdom Spoiler

Is Bleach Better than Kingdom?

• Total voters
I felt the same way. That was a difficult stretch of Chapters to read through, and Heki's incompetence really rubbed me wrongly.
Killing the Quanrong King wasn't even enough since it was a Cheap shot and in a 1-1, he had no chance.

And this is coming from a Heki-fan.
Rightly said, and as a recent reader, that arc felt the weakest, but after that, the mangaka got his shit together and delivered.

Heki is not physically great, but his passion and honesty are what got him his current position in the army.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
What is your prediction about Renpa, Lee?
I think Hara has specifically written Renpa to be slain in the final Chu war by Shin. Renpa’s character arc has been perfectly leading up to this, and the fact that he’s still actively fighting battles for Chu shows that he truly does intend to die on the battlefield and not just retire completely like he does historically.

Renpa’s entire character arc is that he’s searching for the same excitement that he felt during the days of the Qin 6, specifically that he’s waiting for more Qin 6 level opponents to fight against. The whole reason he fought Ousen and Kanki was that he thought they would reignite the passion he felt, but they did not.

So I think when the final Chu war happens, Renpa will at some point face Shin as Shin will have reached that level, and we’ll basically see Renpa’s passion on the battlefield reignited as he is slayed by Shin. This will give Renpa the death he deserves, as well as will solidify the moment that Shin has literally surpassed the old Qin 6 and Zhao 3.

I think Hara has specifically written Renpa to be slain in the final Chu war by Shin. Renpa’s character arc has been perfectly leading up to this, and the fact that he’s still actively fighting battles for Chu shows that he truly does intend to die on the battlefield and not just retire completely like he does historically.

Renpa’s entire character arc is that he’s searching for the same excitement that he felt during the days of the Qin 6, specifically that he’s waiting for more Qin 6 level opponents to fight against. The whole reason he fought Ousen and Kanki was that he thought they would reignite the passion he felt, but they did not.

So I think when the final Chu war happens, Renpa will at some point face Shin as Shin will have reached that level, and we’ll basically see Renpa’s passion on the battlefield reignited as he is slayed by Shin. This will give Renpa the death he deserves, as well as will solidify the moment that Shin has literally surpassed the old Qin 6 and Zhao 3.
I remember reading about Renpa that he died naturally in Chu in history.
Hara deviating from that would be more than welcome, either that or Shin beats him with Renpa barely escaping and he dies in his mansion reminiscing on his past and all that.

I personally want to see them duke out, both also have the "weight" as generals.

I felt the same way. That was a difficult stretch of Chapters to read through, and Heki's incompetence really rubbed me wrongly.
Killing the Quanrong King wasn't even enough since it was a Cheap shot and in a 1-1, he had no chance.

And this is coming from a Heki-fan.
I kinda agree.
During rereading, I always feel demotivated when it comes to reread Western Zhao Invasion arc.
It somewhat gives me Wano arc or Dressrosa arc vibes, with so many characters present together in 1 big arc yet in the end the arc felt dragging.

Historically how did Renpa die?

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Historically how did Renpa die?
Yeah I think he just dies of old age in Chu, he stops fighting on the battlefield after he gets to Chu and dies a natural death. But Renpa’s last words at Sanyou are that he’ll never retire and that he intends to die on the battlefield, so I doubt Hara goes with this.

Plus Renpa is literally fighting for Chu now. Lol

These 2 new generals who are right behind Shun Suiju do look hype, hopefully they will be the ''Gyou'un'' and ''Chou garyuu'' of the next arc so to speak. Hara should give them a reasonable amount of screen-time like he did with Gyou'un and Chou garyuu before killing them off, who knows, they may have been vassals of Chou Sha (one of the previous three great heavens) since we know nothing about him, alongside Shibashou and Seikaun. This way we can conclude everything regarding Zhao in the story and satisfyingly defeat this state.

Hopefully this arc will also give Mouten an opportunity to kill a general.

Riboku with two years of planning would be unbeatable ffs. He would have simulated every possible scenario during this time frame. Really can’t believe he kept ravaging Qin forces at Bay for a whole year.
I know Kanki lost a lot more men than he received reinforcements but still impressive feat by Riboku to contain all three armies of Qin at bay. Can’t wait for Riboku vs Kanki!! Shin, Ouhon and Kanki army vs Riboku let’s goooooooo!! Long awaited battle is gonna start now

I wonder why Ousen is silent this war.