Speculations Zoro does not have Adv CoC / CoC Coating. Yet.

Does Zoro have Conqueror's Coating?

• Total voters
So a lot of people seem to think that Zoro has already developed Adv CoC, but I really don't think that's the case so I'll try to break it down, keep in mind of course that it is just my opinion on how Wano is presented.

First and foremost, Conqueror's Coating has had an incredibly strong portrayal in the story. Only Yonkou tiers have shown to use it at will. And a proper Conqueror's Coating clash of top tiers always comes with a sky splitting. I think it's fair to say that Oda has reserved Conqueror's Coating for those who truly lie at the top. And right now Wano is definitely the point in the story where we see this happen live, but most importantly, it's showcased through the fight of Luffy vs Kaido. And personally, I don't think Zoro is up there with these people yet.

Second point is that Luffy just learned how to control his Conqueror's Coating. So in this arc, thematically, using Conqueror's Coating is showcased to be a necessity to defeating Kaido, it is central to the theme of Wano of being the point in Luffy's journey were he can finally stand up to a Yonkou, and his newfound usage of CoC is directly correlated with that. Conqueror's Haki right now has everything to do with Luffy vs Kaido, and nothing to do with Zoro. Having Zoro also awaken Conqueror's Coating this short of a time between Luffy and him would weaken Luffy's theme and struggle. We JUST learn this arc that Zoro has Conqueror's too, so I don't think we should precipitate ourselves already and claim that he also advanced it to the next level. Luffy deserves the spotlight and theme of having a superior Conqueror's Haki, and Zoro earning the exact same powerup would take away from this from a narrative standpoint.

And finally, the mammoth in the room, what the hell was Asura if not AdvCoC? Well, for starters, Kaido didn't comment on Zoro having coating, nor was he as shocked and glad as he was with Luffy awakening it, he simply commented on it being CoC. So right off the bat it can't be a proper display of Advanced CoC, it must've been a more dormant, lower level version of it. Which is actually something we've already seen happen with Zoro multiples times. Against Mr. 1, he was able to use Armament Haki and some argue that Observation as well, but wasn't able to use it at will, even against Enel. He displayed the potential of Haki, but not yet the ability to control and properly unleash it. And this might be what's happening here too.

So personally, will Zoro learn Adv CoC by the end of Wano? I don't think so. If we look at the fight between Kaido and Luffy, Luffy coating his Conqueror's is crucial here since Kaido is a direct obstacle in him becoming Pirate King. To finally stand up to and defeat one of the strongest Yonkou requires from Luffy the strongest will to conquer, it's a perfect thematic stepup for Luffy. For Zoro? King doesn't really mean that much, he doesn't even consider himself a swordsmen.
I think it's more likely that Zoro will learn Conqueror's Coating against his fight with Mihawk.

If I'm wrong though, I'll gladly take the L.
:zosleepy:
:risicheck:

Yeah still not going to buy that Black Lightning HAS to mean Conqueror's Coating when it's been used for attacks that aren't even about Conqueror's.
Narratively, Zoro right now is getting his Conqueror's awakening spotlight, for the first time in the manga he's using it to knock out fodder. This is what the scene is displaying, not Coating.

My bad if I'd rather play it safe with powerups rather than hype blindly every little thing that happens.
Zoro has Advanced Conqueror’s Haki
Soon Luffy will unlock it too by the time EoS comes have some patience

So a lot of people seem to think that Zoro has already developed Adv CoC, but I really don't think that's the case so I'll try to break it down, keep in mind of course that it is just my opinion on how Wano is presented.

First and foremost, Conqueror's Coating has had an incredibly strong portrayal in the story. Only Yonkou tiers have shown to use it at will. And a proper Conqueror's Coating clash of top tiers always comes with a sky splitting. I think it's fair to say that Oda has reserved Conqueror's Coating for those who truly lie at the top. And right now Wano is definitely the point in the story where we see this happen live, but most importantly, it's showcased through the fight of Luffy vs Kaido. And personally, I don't think Zoro is up there with these people yet.

Second point is that Luffy just learned how to control his Conqueror's Coating. So in this arc, thematically, using Conqueror's Coating is showcased to be a necessity to defeating Kaido, it is central to the theme of Wano of being the point in Luffy's journey were he can finally stand up to a Yonkou, and his newfound usage of CoC is directly correlated with that. Conqueror's Haki right now has everything to do with Luffy vs Kaido, and nothing to do with Zoro. Having Zoro also awaken Conqueror's Coating this short of a time between Luffy and him would weaken Luffy's theme and struggle. We JUST learn this arc that Zoro has Conqueror's too, so I don't think we should precipitate ourselves already and claim that he also advanced it to the next level. Luffy deserves the spotlight and theme of having a superior Conqueror's Haki, and Zoro earning the exact same powerup would take away from this from a narrative standpoint.

And finally, the mammoth in the room, what the hell was Asura if not AdvCoC? Well, for starters, Kaido didn't comment on Zoro having coating, nor was he as shocked and glad as he was with Luffy awakening it, he simply commented on it being CoC. So right off the bat it can't be a proper display of Advanced CoC, it must've been a more dormant, lower level version of it. Which is actually something we've already seen happen with Zoro multiples times. Against Mr. 1, he was able to use Armament Haki and some argue that Observation as well, but wasn't able to use it at will, even against Enel. He displayed the potential of Haki, but not yet the ability to control and properly unleash it. And this might be what's happening here too.

So personally, will Zoro learn Adv CoC by the end of Wano? I don't think so. If we look at the fight between Kaido and Luffy, Luffy coating his Conqueror's is crucial here since Kaido is a direct obstacle in him becoming Pirate King. To finally stand up to and defeat one of the strongest Yonkou requires from Luffy the strongest will to conquer, it's a perfect thematic stepup for Luffy. For Zoro? King doesn't really mean that much, he doesn't even consider himself a swordsmen.
I think it's more likely that Zoro will learn Conqueror's Coating against his fight with Mihawk.

If I'm wrong though, I'll gladly take the L.
:zosleepy:
Luffy in Dressrosa and WCI showed black lightning CoC without coating it like in 1010.

But Zoro's CoC black lightning was drawn by Oda in clearer lines compared to WCI Luffy.

If viewed from black lightning alone, it was more similar to Katakuri's black lightning CoC and also Wano Luffy CoC Coating in 1010.

But to reach the first degree of CoC Coating, Zoro needs one more sign: the no-touch zone. If he doesn't show it, i'll stick with Zoro having black lightning basic CoC haki without Coating, that is of similar power compared to WCI Katakuri's black lightning CoC.

But if Zoro showed no-touch zone that is confirmed by others like how Law confirmed Luffy's no-touch zone, then Zoro has the first degree CoC Coating.

My conclusion: i need the next chapter and Zoro in action :suresure:

Luffy in Dressrosa and WCI showed black lightning CoC without coating it like in 1010.

But Zoro's CoC black lightning was drawn by Oda in clearer lines compared to WCI Luffy.

If viewed from black lightning alone, it was more similar to Katakuri's black lightning CoC and also Wano Luffy CoC Coating in 1010.

But to reach the first degree of CoC Coating, Zoro needs one more sign: the no-touch zone. If he doesn't show it, i'll stick with Zoro having black lightning basic CoC haki without Coating, that is of similar power compared to WCI Katakuri's black lightning CoC.

But if Zoro showed no-touch zone that is confirmed by others like how Law confirmed Luffy's no-touch zone, then Zoro has the first degree CoC Coating.

No touch is literally not part of CoC coating mandatory.

The mere fact that Zoro is leaking the lightning that is visually same as ACoC one and far different from your CoA haki, alongside the fact that his swords are not even coated in Armament:

Perfectly shows how fucked up your agenda is. Honestly, it's okay if you want to downplay him, feel free to join the Ndule and Erkan club, but denying the obvious is just sad.

This is equivalent to watching a character scream out, watching Conqueror lightning around them in the air, then watching fodders faint on the ground, yet saying "I'll only believe he has CoC if someone comments on it."

they don't touch if the other party is using it to attack or defend

No touch is literally not part of CoC coating mandatory.

The mere fact that Zoro is leaking the lightning that is visually same as ACoC one and far different from your CoA haki, alongside the fact that his swords are not even coated in Armament:

Perfectly shows how fucked up your agenda is. Honestly, it's okay if you want to downplay him, but denying the obvious is just sad.

This is equivalent to watching a character scream out, watching Conqueror lightning around them in the air, then watching fodders faint on the ground, yet saying "I'll only believe he has CoC if someone comments on it."
I try to not have any agenda if it's about powerlevel lol. Seeing the Ragnarok panel, i guess you're right about the no-touch zone being not mandatory thing. But Katakuri also had black lightning even without CoC Coating, so both your view and mine also based on something in the manga.

No i'm not comparing CoA to CoC as Katakuri has CoA as black coating and armor but CoC depicted as black lightning. CoA in weapons or even fist is not mandatory to be visualized either, Luffy's first post-TS Jet Pistol against Pacifista is CoA-clad but no black CoA there.

Moreover, the CoC being the ability "to defeat enemies without touching them" (Rayleigh) is the foreshadowing stuff that hypes up the CoC strength. So King saying Zoro had Kingly ambition is just confirming Zoro has CoC, not affirming anything about AdvCoC. Your arguments (agenda?) is based on the black lightning, but black lightning was shown by both WCI Kata and Luffy in their fist that had no CoC Coating, right?

Also Zoro showed the black lightning, which is one sign of CoC Coating. But at the same time Zoro showed fodder knock CoC instead. That's basic CoC which is uncoated.

Last edited:
they don't touch if the other party is using it to attack or defend
Yea i'm just saying that the black lightning is the basis of the argument about Zoro's AdvCoC, but it was only shown as a vague sign (just like how both Luffy and Katakuri had black lightning fist in WCI even tho they had no CoC Coating).

I'm not here to delve too much into it but Oda is known for his inconsistence in power depiction but he hypes stuff up.

Yea i'm just saying that the black lightning is the basis of the argument about Zoro's AdvCoC, but it was only shown as a vague sign (just like how both Luffy and Katakuri had black lightning fist in WCI even tho they had no CoC Coating).

I'm not here to delve too much into it but Oda is known for his inconsistence in power depiction but he hypes stuff up.
Luffy and Katakuri having black lightning during their clash is the same as Luffy and Ulti, its 2 totally different things to advCoC and you know it.

I try to not have any agenda if it's about powerlevel lol. Seeing the Ragnarok panel, i guess you're right about the no-touch zone being not mandatory thing. But Katakuri also had black lightning even without CoC Coating, so both your view and mine also based on something in the manga.

No i'm not comparing CoA to CoC as Katakuri has CoA as black coating and armor but CoC depicted as black lightning. CoA in weapons or even fist is not mandatory to be visualized either, Luffy's first post-TS Jet Pistol against Pacifista is CoA-clad but no black CoA there.

Moreover, the CoC being the ability "to defeat enemies without touching them" (Rayleigh) is the foreshadowing stuff that hypes up the CoC strength. So King saying Zoro had Kingly ambition is just confirming Zoro has CoC, not affirming anything about AdvCoC. Your arguments (agenda?) is based on the black lightning, but at the same time Zoro showed fodder knock CoC instead. That's basic CoC which is uncoated.
No touching is if you're using CoC alongside your internal destruction. There are multiple examples of CoC coathing making contact, and I've showed you two very large page ones. Should be zero questions regarding that.

There's a distinct difference between having black lightning during your clashes and CoA coated attacks, and having a single line of CoC lightning emerging out of your weapon that is not even coated in CoA hardening, as per the last panel I posted. No one cares about black lightning only, it's the distinct haki leak that leaves Zoro's non-armament coated blades. It's clear as day with zero comparisons of same happening for CoA in history of OP.

Can you post whatever Katakuri panel you speak of?

There's a huge difference between whatever he did, and this:

From the narrative, to the context (PU), to the visuals. Literally everything practically screams ACoC. This is about as clear as crystal and obvious display of CoC coating as one can possibly imagine... there's a reason why this thread is close to 100 votes on yes and 0 on none. There's a reason why even people with heavily biased agendas like Ndule and Erkan aren't shittalking it so lol.

I still don't comprehend how some folks like you question it.

You're comparing the clear-cut CoC coating leaking directly out of his weapon as shown above to shits like CoA clashes and scattered lightning ._.