Speculations Zoro does not have Adv CoC / CoC Coating. Yet.

Does Zoro have Conqueror's Coating?

• Total voters

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Just to illustrate how stupid of a take Zoro not having Adv CoC is? NOBODY has chosen that option in the poll at the time of me writing this. Even Ndule says that Zoro has Adv CoC for fucks sake. NDULE! The denial of reality on display here is just amazing on every level to me.
The face when your denial and cope exceeds Ndule.

It's on another level.

First and foremost, Conqueror's Coating has had an incredibly strong portrayal in the story. Only Yonkou tiers have shown to use it at will. And a proper Conqueror's Coating clash of top tiers always comes with a sky splitting. I think it's fair to say that Oda has reserved Conqueror's Coating for those who truly lie at the top. And right now Wano is definitely the point in the story where we see this happen live, but most importantly, it's showcased through the fight of Luffy vs Kaido. And personally, I don't think Zoro is up there with these people yet.
1. Shanks vs Whitebeard and Linlin vs Kaido were ordinary Haoshoku clashes not clashes of Haoshoku coating attacks.

2. It's Emperor class Haoshoku that splits the sky, not clashes of Haoshoku coating attacks.

Luffy and Kaido in 1011 did not split the sky.

Yamato and Kaido in 1016 did not split the sky.

Of the 4 clashes of Haoshoku coating attacks we've seen, only two (Rogerbeard and Luffy vs Kaido in 1027) split the sky.

3. Zoro hasn't had a Haoshoku clash with anyone yet.

Last edited:

Panel above: Lower left panel, lightning from Kata's arm before the clash.

Panel below: upper left panel, Luffy's fist generate lightning.

Panel below: Kata's fist making black lightning again without need to clash.

Oden fought using Enma easily while taming Enma which absorbed Oden's CoC and CoA. While sparring WB in "Enma-taming" condition, Oden didnt release black lightning except while clashing against WB.

while Zoro reached this "fighting while taming" stage after he decided to constantly going all-out and sacrificing his entire life just to pass Enma's test.

No one in the manga said that CoC Coating is depicted by black lightning. No one said that CoC Coating is lightning without clash while basic CoC is lightning only when clashing.

Rayleigh said, instead, that CoC is the ability ro defeat enemies without touching them. Defeating unworthy fodder by fodder knock, and defeating strong enemy by no-touch also. The no-touch is whats hyped by portrayal, while the lightning is vague hype about the person having CoC.

Kaidou's Ragnarok didnt have no-touch zone, but we can only know that Kaidou used CoC Coating due to Luffy confirming it. Luffy in 1010 also used no-touch zone visually, which is confirmed by Law (they're not touching) as a sign of CoC Coating. No one said anything about black lightning.

King didn't say "you can coat your weapon in Adv CoC like my boss?" He didn't say "Your CoC technique is better than before", but King said "so you try to become King/Conqueror as well?" "So you have Kingly Ambition (CoC) as well?" Theres no confirmation about CoC Coating here. There is fodder knock which is basic CoC, there is King stating that Zoro has basic CoC (try? To become king? Just trying instead of reaching? Etc etc not confirming AdvCoC Coat), and there is black lightning which is a sign of unclear levels of CoC.

This is why i don't "question a clear portrayal" since i dont consider this as a clear portrayal at all of CoC Coating. If anything, what Zoro used is fodder knock CoC to his surroundings, and CoC depicted in his weapon by his black lightning. If you said this screamed CoC Coating, many of Zoro's faction said that Asura in 1010 was CoC Coating as well even without black lightning or no-touch zone. This is a kind of double standard and full of agenda imo. There are like 5-6 different threads in this forum wanking a single theme of Zoro having AdvCoC, even tho it's a waste. Imo theres no reason people should be this obsessive if only they are dead sure about Zoro gaining CoC Coating. Theres no reason to call people with different opinion (like me?) as having agendas either, while 10 threads about Zoro's CoC Coating is left without even any merging etc.

---

Tldr: i' not sure whether Zoro's CoC is Coating or not, except if there's some more form of confirmation during Zoro's fight in the upcoming chapters.
I have no clue now, from the looks of it it does seem Katakuri had advCoC that's why he was able to overpower Luffy's CoA and talked about there being levels

Panel above: Lower left panel, lightning from Kata's arm before the clash.

Panel below: upper left panel, Luffy's fist generate lightning.

Panel below: Kata's fist making black lightning again without need to clash.

Oden fought using Enma easily while taming Enma which absorbed Oden's CoC and CoA. While sparring WB in "Enma-taming" condition, Oden didnt release black lightning except while clashing against WB.

while Zoro reached this "fighting while taming" stage after he decided to constantly going all-out and sacrificing his entire life just to pass Enma's test.

No one in the manga said that CoC Coating is depicted by black lightning. No one said that CoC Coating is lightning without clash while basic CoC is lightning only when clashing.

Rayleigh said, instead, that CoC is the ability ro defeat enemies without touching them. Defeating unworthy fodder by fodder knock, and defeating strong enemy by no-touch also. The no-touch is whats hyped by portrayal, while the lightning is vague hype about the person having CoC.

Kaidou's Ragnarok didnt have no-touch zone, but we can only know that Kaidou used CoC Coating due to Luffy confirming it. Luffy in 1010 also used no-touch zone visually, which is confirmed by Law (they're not touching) as a sign of CoC Coating. No one said anything about black lightning.

King didn't say "you can coat your weapon in Adv CoC like my boss?" He didn't say "Your CoC technique is better than before", but King said "so you try to become King/Conqueror as well?" "So you have Kingly Ambition (CoC) as well?" Theres no confirmation about CoC Coating here. There is fodder knock which is basic CoC, there is King stating that Zoro has basic CoC (try? To become king? Just trying instead of reaching? Etc etc not confirming AdvCoC Coat), and there is black lightning which is a sign of unclear levels of CoC.

This is why i don't "question a clear portrayal" since i dont consider this as a clear portrayal at all of CoC Coating. If anything, what Zoro used is fodder knock CoC to his surroundings, and CoC depicted in his weapon by his black lightning. If you said this screamed CoC Coating, many of Zoro's faction said that Asura in 1010 was CoC Coating as well even without black lightning or no-touch zone. This is a kind of double standard and full of agenda imo. There are like 5-6 different threads in this forum wanking a single theme of Zoro having AdvCoC, even tho it's a waste. Imo theres no reason people should be this obsessive if only they are dead sure about Zoro gaining CoC Coating. Theres no reason to call people with different opinion (like me?) as having agendas either, while 10 threads about Zoro's CoC Coating is left without even any merging etc.

---

Tldr: i' not sure whether Zoro's CoC is Coating or not, except if there's some more form of confirmation during Zoro's fight in the upcoming chapters.
Did I not respond to this?

Oh, well. Probably missed it. Anyway, someone else had similar argument, so here I'll quote a post which will address your reasoning and logic all the same.

It's practically evidence of how "Clash lightning" and "CoA scatter sparks" from CoA and even CoC is not even 10% similar to Haki Leak Streak Oda has designed distinctly for ACoC coating purpose. You see the huge difference in multiple examples stated, and there has been absolutely 0 such visuals for anything other than CoC coating in entire series so far

Here:

Thunder Bagua made contact in Kuri. When you don't make contact, Oda draws special "barrier haki impact" at the place where impact occured, like this:

And this:

So you're wrong there. Also, that Thunder Bagua was not even coated in CoC. It had no haki leak. This is what CoC coated Thunder Bagua club looks like:

No touching aspect is something you can have on top of CoC. But it's a canonical fact that CoC coating does NOT require no-touch stuff. Ragnarok is living example. Kaido's attack on Kinemon is living example. Among many other.

And for the last time, you're ignoring it, the black sparks from CoA clashes is FAR, FAR, FAR different from haki leak from your weapon in CoC.

The above ones are CoA clashes

The ones below are haki leak from CoC coating, which has only ever been visible during CoC coating in all of One Piece history:

If you still don't comprehend it, I don't know what to tell you. These are not just some generic lightning. These are streak of haki leak that are DISTINCT to ACoC and are found no where else. Very, very different from your generic CoA clash lightning.

Like, hell, man...
Also, we've already established that "no-touch" zone is not requirement of CoC coating at all. Many examples in that very post, but here, have another:

Did I not respond to this?

Oh, well. Probably missed it. Anyway, someone else had similar argument, so here I'll quote a post which will address your reasoning and logic all the same.

It's practically evidence of how "Clash lightning" and "CoA scatter sparks" from CoA and even CoC is not even 10% similar to Haki Leak Streak Oda has designed distinctly for ACoC coating purpose. You see the huge difference in multiple examples stated, and there has been absolutely 0 such visuals for anything other than CoC coating in entire series so far

Here:

Also, we've already established that "no-touch" zone is not requirement of CoC coating at all. Many examples in that very post, but here, have another:

Not really going to try and make a counter-argument, but in that specific clash you posted with G4 Snakeman, I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a no-touch example. You can see the exact same no-touch "cloud" Oda draws for these hits after Kaido is sent flying out. So the main big panel is probably not supposed to be the actual hit, but a second or two after.
You can even see like the same no-touch cloud around Luffy's fist and behind him.

Not really going to try and make a counter-argument, but in that specific clash you posted with G4 Snakeman, I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a no-touch example. You can see the exact same no-touch "cloud" Oda draws for these hits after Kaido is sent flying out. So the main big panel is probably not supposed to be the actual hit, but a second or two after.
You can even see like the same no-touch cloud around Luffy's fist and behind him.
Yeah, I have noticed that. Though the no-touch cloud is at the place where it would've impacted ground if he didn't change the direction, and Kaido's own body and the panel when it hit has none of it. So I concluded it's a no-touch.

Not that it makes much of a difference as there are many more examples of it, such as Ragnarok.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Yeah, I have noticed that. Though the no-touch cloud is at the place where it would've impacted ground if he didn't change the direction, and Kaido's own body and the panel when it hit has none of it. So I concluded it's a no-touch.

Not that it makes much of a difference as there are many more examples of it, such as Ragnarok.
No, I think that's just the impact of Yamato's White Snake Rush striking Kaido.

Luffy's punches that didn't touch Kaido were shown pretty differently.

He has CoC coating. I don’t think his Haki is as effective as Luffy who can blast it inside people and do internal destruction, but it’s certainly higher than Yamato’s.

In terms of CoC coating power I’d say it’s something like

Luffy >= Kaido/BM > Zoro > Yamato

Btw Zoro hasn't shown advanced CoC last chapter :kayneshrug:
This is just Zoro boys last attempt to show all out Zoro is comparable to Sandal Luffy but he isn't yet

He has CoC coating. I don’t think his Haki is as effective as Luffy who can blast it inside people and do internal destruction, but it’s certainly higher than Yamato’s.

In terms of CoC coating power I’d say it’s something like

Luffy >= Kaido/BM > Zoro > Yamato
Id say that's fair!

Another time I agree with you :myman:, hopefully you dropped that Doffy nonsense