Animation | 斉藤圭太 - Keita Saitō & 北崎正浩 - Masahiro Kitazaki
Direction | 嶋谷将 - Tasuku Shimaya
Storyboard | ___
Airdate: November 27, 2021

[Episode 1002 PREVIEW]

OP 23 - TV Size

Last edited:
Good episode

King is out here shredding Queen good lord: ( "I've set my expectations so low I can't even get mad at your failure."). They have the same dynamic and Zoro/Sanji.

Koby's fanboying over Luffy is causing X-Drake to believe in a pirate is very wholesome.

I love Luffy's confidence saying "we're not the same anymore (The animation of Luffy going Bondman was top notch).

Holy that combo attack with Luffy and X-Drake was top fucking tier 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥

I'm so glad that we got confirmation that it WAS Drake who was the 1% man like I was hoping he would be! That's great!

The grenade toss was hilarious. What a thank you gift!!

Holy shit, Luffy and Drake's attacks were incredible!! This also shows that not only does Drake have powerful flying slashes, his color is green which is pretty damn cool.

AND Episode 1002 Is the Drake Vs Zoro skirmish!! And Nami vs Ulti!! :steef:

• Luffy was stuck doing his group pose for half the episode.:yasu:

• "I feel pretty sorry for this 1% guy." After Drake said that....yeah, we all knew the sucker was him.
  • Mama! :fullmom:I love that Queen was in on the act too.

• Remember kids, double tap or you're getting the clap back. Both Law and Drake failed with Hawkins.
  • The exact same Oars flashback?:beckmoji: At least show us Nightmare Luffy, the predecessor of Gear 4 Luffy.

• Holy budget,:steef: Goki swinging his arm around the room and G4 flying into his face is some gorgeous camera work.
  • Gernades...even Scopper Gaban is afraid of them.:doffytroll:

• Go(5)mu Gomu Luffy takes out the 5, Diez(10)-Drake takes out the 10. Very cheeky.
Solid episode, an expected dip after a high like 1000. It's an exposition episode and the one major piece of action featuring Luffy and X-Drake was handled beautifully, so negatives like the plain direction and many flashbacks don't hurt as much. I like how Queen and Who's Who really played up their act, going the extra distance to fool Drake before quite literally shooting him in the back. Obviously Oda would at least tease dinosaurs fighting before offpaneling a battle and draw all the wreckage in the hall at the end of it, so Drake standing down before a 3v1 and choosing to make a run for it is close to how I pictured these events.

So we're continuing with the old OP and eyecatchers. Since Act 3 is super long, it'll be interesting to see what episode Toei decides to change it up.

Also, what was that user saying about Luffy not getting insanely well animated fight sequences?

Anyway, was an alright episode. The definite highlights were the two major bits of action with Luffy fighting the number. Those were easily some of the best animated sequences in the entire anime lol.

Both scenes were animated by Sota Shigetsugu, and believe those scenes got a "special credit" to them.

Also, what was that user saying about Luffy not getting insanely well animated fight sequences?

Anyway, was an alright episode. The definite highlights were the two major bits of action with Luffy fighting the number. Those were easily some of the best animated sequences in the entire anime lol.

Both scenes were animated by Sota Shigetsugu, and believe those scenes got a "special credit" to them.
The user Luffydom56 lol