Speculations Zoro does not have Adv CoC / CoC Coating. Yet.

Does Zoro have Conqueror's Coating?

• Total voters
Did I not respond to this?

Oh, well. Probably missed it. Anyway, someone else had similar argument, so here I'll quote a post which will address your reasoning and logic all the same.

It's practically evidence of how "Clash lightning" and "CoA scatter sparks" from CoA and even CoC is not even 10% similar to Haki Leak Streak Oda has designed distinctly for ACoC coating purpose. You see the huge difference in multiple examples stated, and there has been absolutely 0 such visuals for anything other than CoC coating in entire series so far

Here:

Also, we've already established that "no-touch" zone is not requirement of CoC coating at all. Many examples in that very post, but here, have another:

Basically i see that you are assuming things out to fill your purpose. There is nothing like "CoA scatter sparks" being different from "CoC leak", it's all your assumption. "Black lightning clashes" of Luffy vs Chinjao is followed by fodders being knocked out and Diamante saying"a clash of CoC", no one said "black lightning scatter" terms in the manga and equate it with CoA. In Dressrosa, two times the black lightning clashes appeared (Luffy v Chinjao, Luffy v Dofla) are the ones being commented as CoC clashes. So the lightning clash being CoA, or haki spark being CoA, is purely your assumption, while Diamante said otherwise due to the black lightning clash in Dressrosa was portrayed CoC clash.

In WCI, both Luffy and Kata had their fist release black lightning, even before the clash. Anyone can fit it to your terms and purpose, "it's their CoC leak, thus CoC Coating". But no, Luffy and Kata in WCI didn't have CoC Coating. But they both leaked black lightning and both knocked fodders out. So that's two points that are the same with Zoro's leak + fodder knock. But you are differentiating WCI Luffy's lightning haki leak (not the clash, from his fist) from Zoro's haki leak. Since it will possibly mean that Zoro would awaken basic CoC consciously, then, instead of CoC Coating.

Uh gonna try to shorten my view in 3 comparisons below since i'm not that enthusiastic to compare PLs.

---

WCI Luffy / 1033 Zoro:
- haki black lightning "leaking" from fist / sword even without clashing
- fodder knock

(Two key points being similar as basic CoC application instead of CoC Coat. If it's fodder knock, then it's basic)

---

While,

Roger-WB / 1010 Luffy:

- black lightning leak (but thicker)
- confirmation: "they're not even touching" comments from Oden / Law as the focus, confirmation, and hype of existence of CoC Coating powerlevel

---

Roger-WB / 1033 Zoro:

- black lightning leak (but thicker) : check
- confirmation: "they're not even touching" comments or "so you infuse CoC unto your sword etc whatever": not checked (this is my first major point: For me to accept Zoro has CoC Coat, there needs to be a confirmation about Zoro having CoC Coating)

---

Oden flashback while clashing against WB / 1033 Zoro:

- no black lightning leak but instead must clash to produce black lightning "scatter" / black lightning leak
- being casual in taming Enma and clash against WB / going all-out to tame Enma (this is my first major point. Oden who had casually tamed Enma in his clash against WB had no black lightning leak like you mandatorily require)

---

Basically i see that you are assuming things out to fill your purpose. There is nothing like "CoA scatter sparks" being different from "CoC leak", it's all your assumption. "Black lightning clashes" of Luffy vs Chinjao is followed by fodders being knocked out and Diamante saying"a clash of CoC", no one said "black lightning scatter" terms in the manga and equate it with CoA. In Dressrosa, two times the black lightning clashes appeared (Luffy v Chinjao, Luffy v Dofla) are the ones being commented as CoC clashes. So the lightning clash being CoA, or haki spark being CoA, is purely your assumption, while Diamante said otherwise due to the black lightning clash in Dressrosa was portrayed CoC clash.

In WCI, both Luffy and Kata had their fist release black lightning, even before the clash. Anyone can fit it to your terms and purpose, "it's their CoC leak, thus CoC Coating". But no, Luffy and Kata in WCI didn't have CoC Coating. But they both leaked black lightning and both knocked fodders out. So that's two points that are the same with Zoro's leak + fodder knock. But you are differentiating WCI Luffy's lightning haki leak (not the clash, from his fist) from Zoro's haki leak. Since it will possibly mean that Zoro would awaken basic CoC consciously, then, instead of CoC Coating.

Uh gonna try to shorten my view in 3 comparisons below since i'm not that enthusiastic to compare PLs.

---

WCI Luffy / 1033 Zoro:
- fodder knock

(Two key points being similar as basic CoC application instead of CoC Coat. If it's fodder knock, then it's basic)

---

While,

Roger-WB / 1010 Luffy:

- confirmation: "they're not even touching" comments from Oden / Law as the focus, confirmation, and hype of existence of CoC Coating powerlevel

---

Roger-WB / 1033 Zoro:

- confirmation: "they're not even touching" comments or "so you infuse CoC unto your sword etc whatever": not checked (this is my first major point: For me to accept Zoro has CoC Coat, there needs to be a confirmation about Zoro having CoC Coating)

---

- no black lightning leak but instead must clash to produce black lightning "scatter" / black lightning leak
- being casual in taming Enma and clash against WB / going all-out to tame Enma (this is my first major point. Oden who had casually tamed Enma in his clash against WB had no black lightning leak like you mandatorily require)

---
You say it's my assumption. But it's a visual choice which is constant with ACoC and has only been used for ACoC.

It's a visual choice from Oda that he has used nowhere in the entire series but ACoC.

If you can give me a single example of non ACoC attack looking similar to that, even remotely close, then you're free to do so. But that's not the case, and you know it.

There's a reason why everyone and their mother including most heinous Zoro downplayers believe he has it; it's bloody obvious.

Btw, another aspect which negates your CoA hardening agenda despite lack of visuals and disproves it:

He's not even using basic CoA hardening. It's lightning haki leak purely from CoC. CoA Haki leak has never, ever appeared without there being hardening of it.

Are you going to ignore this blatant visual choice, too? Jesus man...

You say it's my assumption. But it's a visual choice which is constant with ACoC and has only been used for ACoC.

It's a visual choice from Oda that he has used nowhere in the entire series but ACoC.

If you can give me a single example of non ACoC attack looking similar to that, even remotely close, then you're free to do so. But that's not the case, and you know it.

There's a reason why everyone and their mother including most heinous Zoro downplayers believe he has it; it's bloody obvious.

Btw, another aspect which negates your CoA hardening agenda despite lack of visuals and disproves it:

He's not even using basic CoA hardening. It's lightning haki leak purely from CoC. CoA Haki leak has never, ever appeared without there being hardening of it.

Are you going to ignore this blatant visual choice, too? Jesus man...
CoA haki leak is also your assumption, there's no CoA haki leak. CoA depiction is either invisible but with other people commenting (Sentomaru comment Luffy's haki being equipped), black armor CoA (Koka=hardening), next level hardening armor (Katakuri's block mochi), barrier CoA (Hyogoro, pre-skip Rayleigh when hitting elephant), internal destruction CoA (not appeared yet). No one said "black lightning CoA!" Since the black lightning appeared in Dressrosa and WCI signified CoC users, similar Zoro in 1033.

You're saying black lightning leak is Oda's visual choice that is mandatory of AdvCoC. So both Luffy and Kata in WCI aready had AdvCoC since their fist leaked black lightning without clashing, and they knocked fodder with AdvCoC as well? Weird choice for blatant visual choice if you ask me.

CoA haki leak is also your assumption, there's no CoA haki leak. CoA depiction is either invisible but with other people commenting (Sentomaru comment Luffy's haki being equipped), black armor CoA (Koka=hardening), next level hardening armor (Katakuri's block mochi), barrier CoA (Hyogoro, pre-skip Rayleigh when hitting elephant), internal destruction CoA (not appeared yet). No one said "black lightning CoA!" Since the black lightning appeared in Dressrosa and WCI signified CoC users, similar Zoro in 1033.

You're saying black lightning leak is Oda's visual choice that is mandatory of AdvCoC. So both Luffy and Kata in WCI aready had AdvCoC since their fist leaked black lightning without clashing, and they knocked fodder with AdvCoC as well? Weird choice for blatant visual choice if you ask me.
Neither Luffy nor Kata had a single thick streak of black haki leak leaving their fist or weapon. That's how it's used for CoC. And that's how it's never going to be used for anything else.

Did you literally ignore the panel which makes it impossible to be haki leak from CoA, which is core of your entire argument? There has not been a single example of CoA haki leak leaving your weapon or first without coating visible, either.

Oda has been very distinct with the way he portrays ACoC. This is how he decided to represent it. You just choose to ignore it for the sake of whatever personal reason. And you fail to give a single example that looks similar, while tossed 10 at you of all ACoC haki leak looking literally the same.

Like, do you think the author is retarded for using a visual choice that is distinct only for ACoC?

Zoro using COC to knock fodders?
Black trail lightning comnig from his sword, something NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE? We have seen Zoro using COA on his sword, never has it leaked such a big trail of lightning
I don't know why are you fighting so hard to deny the fact that Zoro is coating COC on all of his sword? It's a losing battle. Respect your time, your effort, and get over it already.

Let's admit it Ndule-sama, this shit is just beastly.

@Echizen_Jo_Ndule Can inbetweener advanced CoC Zoro defeat inbetweener Katakuri now that he has the much, much, much better Haki stats? :steef:
He doesn't

Adcoc/adcoa is useless if you can't tag Katakuri or lack the attack speed.
Even fs is useless if your attack speed or AoE isn't fast enough to take another FS user.

Katakuri's CoC mastery >= Zoro despite adcoc
Zoro is yet to control his own CoC willingly even with ease. He was firstly like "huh" when King said ifbhe has kingly ambitions.
His CoO>>Zoro's
His CoA ~ Zoro's (has ryuo but his hardening isn't stated as super strong like katakuri)
Movement/Reaction/Attack speed >> Zoro's
His AoE > Zoro's
His Lethality < Zoro's
His AP/ DC < Zoro's
His stamina >> Zoro's
His endurance ~< Zoro's
His dura > Zoro's.
Logialike dura to survive bullets, cuts or blasts when it lands or not while zoro gets Hury by hakielss stabs or nails.
Zoro passed out when he broke his bones, when he got stabbed fatally straight while Katakuri can fight for hours with fatal wound and using high level skills : awakening and fs which drains stamina.

Zoro's fastest move is shishi son! That isn't isn't faster than Boundman attacks.

Adcoc boosts his CoA AP, DC and lethality not his CoO, speed and mobility lol he's gonna still struggle to beat Katakuri.
Zoro beats Katakuri when he gets better CoO and reaction speed when/after fighting Shiryu.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Luffy in Dressrosa and WCI showed black lightning CoC without coating it like in 1010.

But Zoro's CoC black lightning was drawn by Oda in clearer lines compared to WCI Luffy.

If viewed from black lightning alone, it was more similar to Katakuri's black lightning CoC and also Wano Luffy CoC Coating in 1010.

But to reach the first degree of CoC Coating, Zoro needs one more sign: the no-touch zone. If he doesn't show it, i'll stick with Zoro having black lightning basic CoC haki without Coating, that is of similar power compared to WCI Katakuri's black lightning CoC.

But if Zoro showed no-touch zone that is confirmed by others like how Law confirmed Luffy's no-touch zone, then Zoro has the first degree CoC Coating.

My conclusion: i need the next chapter and Zoro in action :suresure:
Most Haoshoku attacks do not have the no touching.

A non exhaustive list:
  1. Roger's Kamusari
  2. Kaido's Rag Naraku to Luffy in 1009
  3. Kaido's Thunder Bagua in 1010
  4. Kaido bonking Kinemon
  5. Kaido and Yamato's Haoshoku clash in 1016
  6. Yamato's Thunder Bagua to Kaido in 1024
  7. Kaido's Thunder Bagua to Yamato in 1024
  8. Yamato's White Snake Rush in 1025
  9. Luffy's Jet Culverin in 1025

So no, no touching is an exception with only Haoshoku coating clashes and Luffy's attacks having them (and even that's isn't all the time, see Kaido and Yamato's clash or Luffy's Jet Culverin).

Oda either is not consistent about the no touching, or it's COC coating + something else. Whichever the case is, no touching is the exception rather than the rule.

---

WCI Luffy / 1033 Zoro:
- fodder knock

---

While,

Roger-WB / 1010 Luffy:

---

Roger-WB / 1033 Zoro:

---

---
Question: Did Zoro cut scar Kaido with CoC Coating or regular armament?

Nah he has CoC coating, but how advanced it is we will have to wait and see.

Zoro knows Ryou, so it makes sense if he learned to flow his CoA that he would also be able to let his CoC flow similarly instead of straining it, giving Enma what it wanted.

Which would imply Oden did similarly, gave Enma his willpower aka CoC coating.

Last edited: