Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is there to discus right now. Carrot aint joining and Yamato has 90 percent chance to join. It seems obvious to me.
It's basically two people still holding out for Carrot and the rest of us trying to beat some sense into them, while Topi pretends he doesn't think Yamato will join despite voting for her in the poll and admitting elsewhere that he knows she's probably the next nakama.

I might have stumbled upon Yamato's true Profession/role. It is a chapter title.
Chapter 999 The Sake I brewed to drink with you .
SAKE BREWER
It is as essential as a Musician
If she is indeed a sake brewer, that would be coincidental because they have to steal sake during the halted toast...

What is there to discus right now. Carrot aint joining and Yamato has 90 percent chance to join. It seems obvious to me.
That's true... We really have to move on and discuss about post-Wano nakama stuffs...

If she is indeed a sake brewer, that would be coincidental because they have to steal sake during the halted toast...

That's true... We really have to move on and discuss about post-Wano nakama stuffs...
A perfect lead up to recruiting a brewer.

And yeah, Yamato vs Carrot is over. I'd rather discuss law and whether or not he has a chance as well, or whether more crews like the Kuja pirates and the Fishman pirates will join the fleet or if the ones we have are the complete fleet. Imo Law is joining if Yamato is not the last strawhat, but I think Yamato being the last is very likely, and despite other crews making a lot of sense for the grand fleet, too much significance was given to the group at Dressrosa at the end for others to join.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
If people want a connection to Luffy with Yamato before, you can always point to Yamatos making the Vivre Card for Ace and the words before they left hell Oda brought it up in the latest Magazine:

Aces line is the same from Yamato meaning it made an impact, Luffy heard Yamatos words two years before they meet, Oda pretty much said this in Magazine 13 @Garp the Fist

Yamato made the Vivre Card that kept not only themself connected to Ace, but Luffy and Ace connected all throughout Luffy journey, through Impel Down and through the War till Aces death.
This absolutely rules, what a catch…I don’t usually give Oda credit for his consistency, but I find this pretty damn impressive :smart:

So Yamato's going to make sake for a one time toast and then provide it only to Zoro on a regular basis.. It's a cool idea but it seems a bit pointless for a role on the sunny.. Its like Luffy having someone with Streusen type of powers, a personal meat supplier of sort.. What's really the point?..

So Yamato's going to make sake for a one time toast and then provide it only to Zoro on a regular basis.. It's a cool idea but it seems a bit pointless for a role on the sunny.. Its like Luffy having someone with Streusen type of powers, a personal meat supplier of sort.. What's really the point?..
For party purposes? Brook's role is "pointless" as well...

For party purposes? Brook's role is "pointless" as well...
I don't think musician is pointless, its deeply rooted in the lore and its important for Luffy.. If there's a position as Sake Brewer, it should be very significant in the story as well, but some people here may have something seeing as the title of the most famous song in the One Piece universe is Bink's Sake..

I might have stumbled upon Yamato's true Profession/role. It is a chapter title.
Chapter 999 The Sake I brewed to drink with you .
SAKE BREWER
It is as essential as a Musician
I might have stumbled upon Yamao's true future post Wano arc. It is a chapter title.
Chapter 848
GOODBYE

Bye Yamao, you will be left behind and not seen again after Wano, except in cover story.

If there is anything else to find in wano, I think it should be a dancer. This arc goes with kabuki style. Ka-bu-ki kanji mean sing, dance, and skill. Actually some of this arc character do/did dance. Queen, oden, kawamatsu, kid izo, geisha.

Plus there is a fire festival/himatsuri in wano. It is a festival when people mourn the dead. Irl I think it's equal to obon festival and what famous of it is bon odori/bon dance. Not to mention konjiki kagura happen in onigashima. Kagura is a form of dance-theatre literally meaning 'entertaining the gods'.

Well maybe dancer is too specific, a performing artist/entertainer is also okay. It reminds me that stussy is the queen of entertainment district/pleasure quarter. Back in BB's island, devon seems to be popular among the girls. I think she is kinda womanizer too. Honestly Idk how would this topic will play out tho 👀

Cabinboy/Apprentice still stands out as the clear Yamato role for me, since it was Kaido’s role in Rocks and Oda can throw in people shitting themsleves that the Strawhats have someone that strong that is only an apprentice.

Yamato won’t be the combatant unless Zoro gets promoted to official First Mate. Two Strawhats are not sharing the same role.

Jinbei being helmsman was clear because Burgess was a helmsman and every other original Blackbeard Pirate had a role that mirrored one of the Strawhats.

If there is anything else to find in wano, I think it should be a dancer. This arc goes with kabuki style. Ka-bu-ki kanji mean sing, dance, and skill. Actually some of this arc character do/did dance. Queen, oden, kawamatsu, kid izo, geisha.

Plus there is a fire festival/himatsuri in wano. It is a festival when people mourn the dead. Irl I think it's equal to obon festival and what famous of it is bon odori/bon dance. Not to mention konjiki kagura happen in onigashima. Kagura is a form of dance-theatre literally meaning 'entertaining the gods'.

Well maybe dancer is too specific, a performing artist/entertainer is also okay. It reminds me that stussy is the queen of entertainment district/pleasure quarter. Back in BB's island, devon seems to be popular among the girls. I think she is kinda womanizer too. Honestly Idk how would this topic will play out tho 👀
I remember there's a "bolero" in the SH prototype but there's no sketch or assurance that it's another person...

Cabinboy/Apprentice still stands out as the clear Yamato role for me, since it was Kaido’s role in Rocks and Oda can throw in people shitting themsleves that the Strawhats have someone that strong that is only an apprentice.

Yamato won’t be the combatant unless Zoro gets promoted to official First Mate. Two Strawhats are not sharing the same role.

Jinbei being helmsman was clear because Burgess was a helmsman and every other original Blackbeard Pirate had a role that mirrored one of the Strawhats.
In my opinion the only way Yamato can be an Apprentice is if she's like Luffy useless at everything she puts her hands on..

I really just want to be there for the introduction of a new nakama, regardless of who it is. I caught up with the manga in chapter 888 ironically, and immediately jumped on board the Carrot for Nakama train. Winbae was my main guy, but I considered him already a crewmember, so I didn't count it. I feel like each new recruit is such a significant event, and there's probably only one left, so I'm happy I get to be part of the community to experience it no matter who it is. Even if it's a character I don't like, I'm sure I'll grow to love them just like all the Strawhats.

I really just want to be there for the introduction of a new nakama, regardless of who it is. I caught up with the manga in chapter 888 ironically, and immediately jumped on board the Carrot for Nakama train. Winbae was my main guy, but I considered him already a crewmember, so I didn't count it. I feel like each new recruit is such a significant event, and there's probably only one left, so I'm happy I get to be part of the community to experience it no matter who it is. Even if it's a character I don't like, I'm sure I'll grow to love them just like all the Strawhats.
:ihaha:

Hi, first post here. I think its pretty comfortably gonna be Yamato. Marketing stuff aside, Oda has gone out of his way to make this character in your face from introduction. She's been a main character since the raid started and sucks up enough panel time for her to overcome even characters present since act 1. The main point I'd say is her stated dream and declaration in 1016.

There's no reasonable explanation for why Oda has this for her not to go out to sea. This is a clear and earnest declaration of her dream, which has nothing to do with the Oden persona. Ace went out of his way to make her speak her true feelings for a reason so this isn't a throwaway statement. He and later the three samurai also encourage this dream so why would this be something that's changed given all of this?

There's also no real explanation for why Oda makes her declare her sailing with Luffy besides red herring, which isn't an argument. It's not a wild claim nor is it something obviously not meant to happen plotwise like a "I'm going to kill Kaido" statement. We see her complete faith in Luffy and Ace flat out told her to look forward to him. So, given that she'll sail and go on adventures, why would it not be with the person who freed her from her chains, who she bets is the person Oden waited for, who left her speechless twice so far and constantly proved himself right before her eyes? Momo is not an alternative since he'll be staying in Wano as the shogun for one and she chose Luffy despite bonding with him and knowing about his future role through the journal.

Sorry if this post is too long. Would like to hear any counters to these if Oda meant for her to stay in Wano.

Status
Not open for further replies.