Spoiler One Piece Chapter 970 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I noticed about this chapter is that the fight ENDED FAST. And it doesn't mean it's an easy clash. As we all saw, Oden wounded Kaido a heavy wound.

But this is something I also noticed with another TOP TIER fight in Marineford (Whitebeard vs Akainu). The exchange truly ends really fast. Where every blow is as lethal as it gets.
This is important because I used to think Luffy has a durability problem when he faced Kaido.
But that's NOT TRUE considering Oden got the same amount of Damage from "Tunder Bagua" as Luffy.

Which makes me believe that when Oda announces fights of Top Tiers lasting "3 days, 5 days, 10 days" They usually do not go FULL POWER from the start.
They may start the battle with a King's haki clash that is so big as a way to say "Hi, long time no see"
but they usually bring down the tone, and they preserve their energy and only go all out and reveal their biggest moves in the very end.

Which is why, when it comes to an ALL OUT WAR:
WB vs Akainu (Lasted few minutes)
Kaido vs Oden (Lasted few minutes)
Because in those fights, it was not a mere confrontation. It was an all out war, and they bring their biggest moves from the start. Every blow is as LETHAL as it gets.

What I'm trying to say is that... Luffy now appears in a MORE respectable way, because what he suffered from Thunder bagua is now expected since it's also the same move that took down Oden.

Bogard

You can't win
hostage tactic was part of Kaido's plan? could u elaborate?
and I know the "Oden almost beating Kaido" is your own intrepertation of the panels. Kaido was down, Oden was about to attack him again. thats pretty much why u think he would've won.
It's not outright stated, but it's implied. Kaido said there was a traitor in Oden's group, and came to face Oden before he even attempted to assault him because he was already prepared for it, said that Oden was too naïve, that he needed to reduce Oden's forces while increasing his own, with the narrative saying Oden was even stronger than Kaido expected just before getting sliced in half and in a position of getting defeated until the hostage moment started

J

Jo_Ndule

hostage tactic was part of Kaido's plan? could u elaborate?
and I know the "Oden almost beating Kaido" is your own intrepertation of the panels. Kaido was down, Oden was about to attack him again. thats pretty much why u think he would've won.
It wadnt part of Kaido
The old hag acted on her own, she knew Oden is naive to fall for the trick.
Kaido doesn't smile when old lady turns back to normal nor does he make a comment.
The old hag is the one who smiled.

She acted like female acted... trying to help

With luffy around the surprise raid will never happen. Hell just cause chaos.
it will a surprise since Luffy will not call Kaido that he is coming for him dude. and Kaido and co have a party thinking that they have prevented them from coming but the alliance will get the means to get there while they will not get notified

J

Jo_Ndule

One thing I noticed about this chapter is that the fight ENDED FAST. And it doesn't mean it's an easy clash. As we all saw, Oden wounded Kaido a heavy wound.

But this is something I also noticed with another TOP TIER fight in Marineford (Whitebeard vs Akainu). The exchange truly ends really fast. Where every blow is as lethal as it gets.
This is important because I used to think Luffy has a durability problem when he faced Kaido.
But that's NOT TRUE considering Oden got the same amount of Damage from "Tunder Bagua" as Luffy.

Which makes me believe that when Oda announces fights of Top Tiers lasting "3 days, 5 days, 10 days" They usually do not go FULL POWER from the start.
They may start the battle with a King's haki clash that is so big as a way to say "Hi, long time no see"
but they usually bring down the tone, and they preserve their energy and only go all out and reveal their biggest moves in the very end.

Because in those fights, it was not a mere confrontation. It was an all out war, and they bring their biggest moves from the start. Every blow is as LETHAL as it gets.

What I'm trying to say is that... Luffy now appears in a MORE respectable way, because what he suffered from Thunder bagua is now expected since it's also the same move that took down Oden.
Battles can end quickly
But Oda prefers doing the long days duels just to offpanel lol

He didn't plan it.

The old hag is just like flampe, interfering
Thinking she must help Kaido .

Well Kaido isn't Katakuri lol
If it was Katakuri, he will KO that old hag there
Nah mate. If it was the real momonosuke that somehow wandered onto the battlefield and then one of Kaidou’s men took advantage of it coz Kaidou was momentarily at a disadvantage then fair enuff but the fact that the Mane Mane fruit was conveniently used to transform into Momonosuke as soon as Kaidou was a disadvantage even with Orochi & his men nowhere in sight must mean that it was planned by the beast Pirates imo.

i'm hoping Oda would redeem Kaidou in the next chapter, maybe Oden would issue 1v1 challenge to Kaidou for the freedom of his scabbards, and even with Enma and Ame no Habakiri equipped, Kaidou actually brutally stomps Oden helplessly in a frontal battle, in front of their armies, and kill him, then proceeds to boil him, bringing true despair to Wano.

just like Oda redeem Kaidou one chapter after Luffy's Gear 3rd punched Kaidou to the ground.

But meh, i'm just much much less interested of any hype in powerlevel anymore.

It's just Oda being inconsistent. He will set the duration randomly as he likes

And no matter how long or short the duration is, the fighting panel will be short.
Except he will add "11 hours later" if the fight is 11 hours
Or "3 days later" if the fight is 3 days and so on

i'm hoping Oda would redeem Kaidou in the next chapter, maybe Oden would issue 1v1 challenge to Kaidou for the freedom of his scabbards, and even with Enma and Ame no Habakiri equipped, Kaidou actually brutally stomps Oden helplessly in a frontal battle, in front of their armies, and kill him, then proceeds to boil him, bringing true despair to Wano.

just like Oda redeem Kaidou one chapter after Luffy's Gear 3rd punched Kaidou to the ground.

But meh, i'm just much much less interested of any hype in powerlevel anymore.
i think that aint happening. Oda clearly wants Oden to be "legendary" till the end of his final moments. If he got a rematch and lose, it'll surely ruin his legacy. But nobody can predict Oda tho, so maybe you're onto something!

Sadly I don´t think we gonna see a battle again, Oden most like give his equipped to Kinemon and co and only fights with normal swords or bar hands, I think Shinobu is the one who save them. And then he get caught off because of his wounds and can´t do really much.

It's just Oda being inconsistent. He will set the duration randomly as he likes

And no matter how long or short the duration is, the fighting panel will be short.
Except he will add "11 hours later" if the fight is 11 hours
Or "3 days later" if the fight is 3 days and so on
Yeah. And hey, he usually skips into the very end when the fight takes many hours or days. Which again makes you realize he skips to the end because most of the beginning shit are UNIMPORTANT attacks or something that isn't interesting, where at the last 10-20 min, that's where both characters pull of every card they have under their sleeves.

Worst

Custom title
@Red Admiral it's okay, apology accepted. :sweat:

Feel free to add in your signature though
#TopiToldMe King The Wildfire > Dragon Kaido

And save some other spaces for future #TopiToldMe
Shanks is a snitch
Shanks is not Top 1
Shanks is not Haki God
Shanks is not Guardian of Raftel
Shanks is not Shadow of Oda
Akainu > Shanks

And some other space for
#NduleToldMe
Kaido > Shanks
Big Mom > Shanks
Shanks can't touch Prometheus
Agree with all but Shanks > Akainu :datas:

J

Jo_Ndule

Nah mate. If it was the real momonosuke that somehow wandered onto the battlefield and then one of Kaidou’s men took advantage of it coz Kaidou was momentarily at a disadvantage then fair enuff but the fact that the Mane Mane fruit was conveniently used to transform into Momonosuke as soon as Kaidou was a disadvantage even with Orochi & his men nowhere in sight must mean that it was planned by the beast Pirates imo.
Planned by beasts pirates at last minute but not kaido
Kaido didn't seem happy nor did he comment on old hag helping. He didn't even thank her.
The lady laughed, her reaction was just like when Flampe was acting on her own to help Katakuri.

We know Kaido was happy and thanks King when he took BM ship down, when he is desperate and fear something the dude shows genuine reactions.

That Kaido doesnt look happy, doesn't thanks nor comment
He didnt plan that trick, he didn't demand it.

But his minions and old hag did
Post automatically merged:

Oden wanted to cut the neck, kill Kaido with that blow.

Damb all he did was cut his stomach
He did put everything there in that named attack.

And to lose via distraction ... that's sad

Agree with all but Shanks > Akainu :datas:
I have it the other way around honestly hahahaha

But do you know what changed?
I used to say:
Kaido > Shanks

After this chapter, I am with the people who stated that Shanks > Kaido

But who knows, maybe my thinking will change after I see Shanks performance being poor.
So, now I switched up hahahaha. a Traitor LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.