Not open for further replies.
J

Jo_Ndule

Also Kaido was way far away from Oden lol
How do they even hear each other
Post automatically merged:

I'm reading the French scans

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m starting to think that the hostage thing was a ploy the beast Pirates & Orochi came up with as a sort of countermeasure against Oden in the case that things went south. So Kaidou most likely knew about it. Which just goes to show how powerful Kaidou acknowledged Oden to be.

Well pirates don’t play fair. Kaidou apparently said as much this chapter when he mocked Oden that he’s naive like Roger & WB so it makes sense that he played dirty with the hostage situation against Oden.

Kaidou might have actually lost without using that hostage ploy as insurance.

J

Jo_Ndule

The battle was long because of Oden being powerful

For me Kaido vs Oden wasnt even a fight .
Kaido was far away
Attacking oden and his men, setting fire
Then Oden strikes ... oden gets distracted, kaido ends it .

Dragon Kaido only was seen attacking Oden and co once : by setting fire.
He didnf participate in that battle that much.

He didnt even do Boro breath, it was just a no name beam.

Oda should stop writing battles, this battle is not even half of P1 vs Sanji lol
Post automatically merged:

Summary: The Legendary Hour Oden vs Kaido
Narrative box: The forest was set ablaze and the fire won't die after 5 days

When the highlight is supposed to be the legendary Oden vs Kaido, yet King's ability stole the spotlight and be the one put into narrative box
Was it king or Kaido who was setting the forest in blaze.
King cant set that much fire , we dont even see ling setting fire but we saw Kaido blazing the forest.

I’m starting to think that the hostage thing was a ploy the beast Pirates & Orochi came up with as a sort of countermeasure against Oden in the case that things went south. So Kaidou most likely knew about it. Which just goes to show how powerful Kaidou acknowledged Oden to be.

Well pirates don’t play fair. Kaidou apparently said as much this chapter when he mocked Oden that he’s naive like Roger & WB so it makes sense that he played dirty with the hostage situation against Oden.

Oda left it ambigous on purpose so we can only wonder how that would turn out

But for sure he meant that both guys were close and Oden is one of strongest characters

J

Jo_Ndule

He didn't plan it.

The old hag is just like flampe, interfering
Thinking she must help Kaido .

Well Kaido isn't Katakuri lol
If it was Katakuri, he will KO that old hag there

only blade able to cut Kaido
This isn't even what was stated. Enma isn't "the only sword ABLE to cut Kaido". It is "the only sword that DID cut Kaido".

THe first implies some kind of Superman Kryptonite type thing is going on which wasn't the case. The second situation is what we got. Oden happened to have one sword when he cut Kaido and it happened to be Enma and Oden happened to be strong enough to cut Kaido and so Enma happened to be the only sword that cut Kaido because it was the sword Oden used.

And once again this matches the lore of One piece that the swordsman is what matters in these situations

Bogard

You can't win
Now that i read the french version of the chapter(lucky me that i can speak/read french :optimistic: ), it's pretty clear the portrayal was around the fact that

- Kaido was fearing Wano's military's power
- Used the 5years timespan to reduce Oden's military power while increasing his own
- Oden only had his 11 scabbards vs Kaido's army
- The hostage tactic was part of Kaido's plan and Oden was even stronger than Kaido expected, with Oden almost beating Kaido if not for the hostage moment

The ending is predictable as well, with Oden managing to save the scabbards while boiling alone

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
do you think Oden attack power is bigger than Big Mom?!
Yes, yes I do.

Sorry, but being compared to Prime Roger and Primebeard in combat ability is more hype than anything Big Mom has going for her. Prime Oden was a mid top tier along with Big Mom, Kaido, Shanks, Mihawk, the Logia Trio and Prime Ray. There's not really any reason at this point to place Big Mom's AP above Oden.

Status
Not open for further replies.