Spoiler One Piece Chapter 970 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luffy would be able to use his FS in the next fight for sure , he didn't shown to have used last fight because he was enraged most likely

Worst

Custom title
One thing I noticed about this chapter is that the fight ENDED FAST. And it doesn't mean it's an easy clash. As we all saw, Oden wounded Kaido a heavy wound.

But this is something I also noticed with another TOP TIER fight in Marineford (Whitebeard vs Akainu). The exchange truly ends really fast. Where every blow is as lethal as it gets.
This is important because I used to think Luffy has a durability problem when he faced Kaido.
But that's NOT TRUE considering Oden got the same amount of Damage from "Tunder Bagua" as Luffy.

Which makes me believe that when Oda announces fights of Top Tiers lasting "3 days, 5 days, 10 days" They usually do not go FULL POWER from the start.
They may start the battle with a King's haki clash that is so big as a way to say "Hi, long time no see"
but they usually bring down the tone, and they preserve their energy and only go all out and reveal their biggest moves in the very end.

Which is why, when it comes to an ALL OUT WAR:
WB vs Akainu (Lasted few minutes)
Kaido vs Oden (Lasted few minutes)
Because in those fights, it was not a mere confrontation. It was an all out war, and they bring their biggest moves from the start. Every blow is as LETHAL as it gets.

What I'm trying to say is that... Luffy now appears in a MORE respectable way, because what he suffered from Thunder bagua is now expected since it's also the same move that took down Oden.
Meh imho Akainu and Aokiji lasted this long just bc of their DFs....

H

Homelander

Again it seems like kanjuro is traitor seems highly likely.

Someone allowed this old bitch enter inside oden castle and let her touch momonusuke.

Shinobu looks like she left oniwabanshu recently. Its very less likely sheeven got info of odens kaido hunt down.

I hope oda doesnt corner himself with this traitor plot. Dida scabbard got fed up of odens behavior for past 10 years and switched to orochis side .

We know orochi has not seen traitors identity. So its like they are playing safe being neutral. When time comes thet might truly join kaidos side.

The traitor wouldnt be redemmed or hopefully not because this person led wano to the state it is now.

The traitor topic is already 1 of the most interesting plot since Zou arc. When Beast Pirates could suddenly track Zunisha's exact location not only once but twice.

The reveal of the traitor, his/her motive, and how s/he play along all this time as a snake within the team. Whether Oda can deliver it or actually fail, will be the deciding factor that will build or ruin this arc.

Ndule stop.
  • Enma wasn't needed to scar Kaido.
  • Oden didn't cheap shot Kaido. Kaido first attacked him with Boro Breath then Oden counter attacked.
  • Kaido didn't oneshot Oden. Oden tanked Boro Breath and wasn't knocked out by the cheap head shot. We see him standing back up after.
  • Kaido was about to be two shotted if it wasn't for the Old Hag.
  • Oden > Kaido.
Oden did blindside Kaido. Are you looking at the same scans? He was never going to get 2 shotted amd still hasnt used hybrid.

Worst

Custom title
Ah yeah, the bottom panel shows Oden doing "Oden Nitoryuu" and then we see kaido's dragon face, so he might sense it but cant move quick enough and didnt expecting that "critical hit" from Oden.
There might be another explanation but rly he is massive and Oden is human size Human form Kaido speedblitzed G4 Luffy imagine a dragon speedblitzing someone (or even keeping up with a human size opponent) the only thing he can do when someone attacks him in dragon form is just take it in the face xD

Again it seems like kanjuro is traitor seems highly likely.

Someone allowed this old bitch enter inside oden castle and let her touch momonusuke.
And how you can touch Momonusuke? If you beeing a retainer, so the old hag use the form of the traitor retainer and touch Momo for using it later. The retainer plan all long and work for Orochi, the question is when the retainer start to beeing a traitor? My though is that the retainer betray Oden after he leave Wano to travel with Whitebeard, most like that was the reason for the traitor to betray Oden.
Let see how this going play on, but it is kinda sad for the Kozuki family, when we enter a new arc with a country beeing old by a pirate or strong characters, the soldiers of the country always get rekt easily, but this time the heros had the chance to take out the villian not like in Skypia,Dressrosa and the other arcs where the villian was just to op for the country to defend himself.

If Oden just really call on Rayleigh and the rest of roger pirates, Kaido would get his asskicked by him for sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.