What is King’s real name?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogard

You can't win
Really hoping there is more of a definition to King's Flame/Durability than just "Flame = Durable, no Flame = Speed".

Like how the fuck is having the Flame on his back supposed to make him more durable. Oda never leaves stuff like that up in the air. So either it does get explained this chapter, or if King is truly defeated here, then we will come across another Lunarian later in the story where this gets explained.
I'm also interested in the way Oda will explain King's ability because we still don't know the process to turn himself into a bomb for example. Is it some time related thing with the more fire he stores inside his body ? Or it is related to the amount of damage he takes, and living some kind of window an opponent must take advantage of ? I hope Oda gives a good explanation around this that makes sense

Yep Oda left a lot of shit hanging.
Let’s see if King is truly done
I think we'll find out when we see how the fight ends. If Zoro finishes King off here, while King is not in durability mode, then there is a strong chance that King is not defeated. Oda is not going to introduce an opponent that is hard for Zoro to cut, and not have him actually succeed in cutting him before arcs end.

There is a huge gap between Yonkos and YCs. Zoro is past the YC stage, but calm down. There is still a long way to go.
Lmao Zoro completely destroyed BY FAR the strongest YC1 yet he's only YC1+

YC1+ would be chapter 1010 Luffy and Zoro massacres him. Both Current Zoro and Current Luffy are Low Top tiers.

He doesn't have "Long way to go" lmao, he's in that tier. He needs to reach the very top of that tier to fight Mihawk.

I'm also interested in the way Oda will explain King's ability because we still don't know the process to turn himself into a bomb for example. Is it some time related thing with the more fire he stores inside his body ? Or it is related to the amount of damage he takes, and living some kind of window an opponent must take advantage of ? I hope Oda gives a good explanation around this that makes sense
At this point I think he was just storing bombs inside his suit like Pedro. But since he was static it didn't hurt him.

I think we'll find out when we see how the fight ends. If Zoro finishes King off here, while King is not in durability mode, then there is a strong chance that King is not defeated. Oda is not going to introduce an opponent that is hard for Zoro to cut, and not have him actually succeed in cutting him before arcs end.
King being defeated this early doesn’t make sense

King still has very very high durability even without his trick. His AP and physical strength is ridiculously high as well and he's one of the most versatile fighter. He was out kicking Sanji and Marco, out sword fighting Zoro, can produce stronger wind sythes than Kaido.

I hate the fact that just because Zoro (after powering up) destroyed King so now King is considered Crackrr like one trick pony
king didn't out-sword zoro. he overpowered him.
zoro landed all attacks on king, but king never landed an attack on zoro.

King still has very very high durability even without his trick. His AP and physical strength is ridiculously high as well and he's one of the most versatile fighter. He was out kicking Sanji and Marco, out sword fighting Zoro, can produce stronger wind sythes than Kaido.

I hate the fact that just because Zoro (after powering up) destroyed King so now King is considered Crackrr like one trick pony
Nah, he's no one trick pony, but the implications of introducing an opponent to Zoro that is hard for him to cut, means Zoro HAS to defeat King while he's in durability mode. There is no other way around it. Oda can't cheap out, and have King lose because he dropped him dura, in favor of speed. There is supposed to be nothing that Zoro can't cut by EoS. No way he's not beating King at max dura.

Nah, he's no one trick pony
- Super high durability
- High speed (when sacrificing some of his durability, yet still being ancient Zoan level)
- ranged attacks (wing slashes)
- fire
- flight

That "one trick pony" was launching his beak with such speed at long range, it was bursting through the mountains surrounding Onigashima, trashing Zoro in the process, while spamming fire projectiles to wear him down.

That ain't to one trick pony.

Status
Not open for further replies.